E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #221
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
It's hilarious, he messaged me not long ago asking me about "chem trails".
asking about the conspiracy about it?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #222
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
asking about the conspiracy about it?
Not even as though it were a conspiracy, but like it was just common knowledge that the government has airlines make chem trails to do some devious thing, and he wanted to know something about it.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #223
joayers65

My Ride: 2002 540i 6M
I'm not a believer....I just happen to be a big fan of Mischke. This is an interview of Stan Romanek....Alien abductee.

http://www.youtube.com/user/greyswans#g/a
joayers65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #224
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
This is an interesting thread I found on another website...

There are about 15 posts, I copied and pasted the first few...

Personal UFO sightings

I didn't see a topic like this, so I figured now was a good time.
Post your personal UFO sightings, no matter how minor or major.

Just a couple months ago, a friend and I were heading home from his house. All I will say about my friend is he lives in the country just outside of Austin, so we were driving through a deserted country road, trees all around us.
While I was air-guitaring to Freebird, he pointed out the window and asked me, 'What do you think that is?'
I stick my torso out the window, and to the left of us, about 500 feet away and maybe 1,000 feet high was a rotating UFO, with a ring of purple lights around it. He started to slow down to get pictures with his phone, and I screamed at him to floor it, being that a cell phone would be a terrible picture, and we were alone in a wooded area.
As we were high-tailing it out of there, it started to fly away, making a skipping motion, where I saw its belly, which had four BRIGHT blue lights under it.
----------------------
In the August of 1993 about 8:45 PM I was stopped at a light in Birmingham, Michigan a Northern suburb of Detroit. As I was waiting for the light to turn green I caught something out of the corner of my eye, I looked to my left, S.E. direction, and saw a light silver gray triangular craft with a yellow glow on the leading edge, it was floating just above tree tops, I did not heard a sound. I estimate that it was about the size of a football field. I saw no markings on the craft or any other lights except the yellow glow on the leading edge. When the light turned green I took off to the next stop light hoping I would see it again as I lost sight of it because Birmingham has a lot of trees and in summer it is like a canopy over the streets and hard to see the sky clearly. The reason I could see it so clearly when I was stopped is because there is a school at that corner with a huge open area.
When I got to the next light there were about twenty people standing on the corner looking up, by that time it had passed out of the area, two guys jumped into a car and followed it for about three miles in a southeasterly direction until it blinked out right in front of them.
The story was on the local Fox News channel that night at 11:00 and they interviewed a couple of witnesses.
I reported this sighting to Mufon of Michigan and also to Peter Davenport of the UFO Reporting Center at the time.
I will never know why I didnít turn left at that light and follow it, or pull over to the side of the road. My understanding is that people do strange or out of character things when sightings occur. When I was involved with the UFO community I heard many similar stories about their reactions, but that is a story for another time.

This is one of three sightings, more to come.
-------------------------
April 18, 2009 approx 8:41pm - I was driving EAST from Bergen County NJ to Rockland County NY - very dark sky, no visable moon.
I spotted a very bright orange object SLOWLY moving opposite my direction (westward). I made a right turn (south) stopped the car and took a pic. The object was now moving south as well. I eventually lost sight of it. I know what its not. Not a plane (no blinking lights), Not a planet (too large and too low), Not a rogue meteor or comet (no tail, trail and too slow), too low for a satellite or the ISS.
I would think that space junk would travel faster, and besides, this thing was travelling west and then south. I doubt a weather balloon over a populated area, and couldn't have been a secret military vehicle in bright orange !!!!!
What am I missing?
--------------------------
It was mid-1990s. After working the late shift at Shoneys, and was driving home on back roads in the country. It was a bright moonlit night. Driving north on a straight stretch of road, I noticed that the sky off to the west was unusually dark, and finally realized something was in the air. I pulled over, and got out of the car. It was a large black triangle. And I mean huge. It was silent, and hovering. It was completely black except for one red, solid light in one corner. I watched for a few minutes, then the fight-or-flight syndrome kicked in and I drove away. I wish I would have stayed and followed it. I mean, I'd be delighted to be abducted by aliens
--------------------------------

.http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/s...threadid=39367
Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #225
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
More blue spirals
http://bizarrenz.blogspot.com/2011/0...al-photos.html

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #226
Fractal Seb

My Ride: spoon AP2
^^crazy sh1t
Old 05-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #227
Fractal Seb

My Ride: spoon AP2
this is new vid being talked about. a lot of ppl are saying its real but honestly i think its fake. nonetheless have always been fascinated by zeta reticuli system and project serpo story
Old 05-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #228
Sponger
Banned

My Ride: 2000 328ci
It is safe to say that I have seen thousands of UFO pictures and videos, on the internet or otherwise, and I have yet to see a single 100% convincing piece of proof. Not one. You have to will yourself to believe any of this crap is remotely real, and I just don't see it. I just did some brief research on project bluebeam, and that takes the cake as far as batshit crazy theories go. I can't believe people actually believe crap videos on youtube are remotely real.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #229
suburbanme

My Ride: B8 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
It is safe to say that I have seen thousands of UFO pictures and videos, on the internet or otherwise, and I have yet to see a single 100% convincing piece of proof. Not one.
No ****, since the advent of Photoshop it's impossible for a photo to be a "100% convincing piece of proof"
Old 05-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #230
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanme View Post
No ****, since the advent of Photoshop it's impossible for a photo to be a "100% convincing piece of proof"
Yup. Now nothing will ever be accepted as evidence even it is true. Will always be people who say its photoshopped or faked somehow.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #231
cowmoo32
drunken science

Until there's a mass sighting...

flickher

Old 05-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #232
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Yea pretty much the only thing.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #233
Sponger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanme View Post
I have seen thousands of photographs that I am 100% convinced of the content. In fact I just glanced at a picture of a wave on my wall, and wouldn't you know it, it really is a wave. Now please present to me a picture, any picture, that is without a shadow of a doubt a UFO. This would be impossible as every picture or video that has ever claimed to be of a UFO is 100% false, and that my friends is a cold hard fact.

Seriously though, it may be fun to speculate and ask what if, but its another thing entirely to think some video randomly posted on youtube claiming to be alien footage from the fourties is legit.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #234
suburbanme

My Ride: B8 A4
Quote:
I have seen thousands of photographs that I am 100% convinced of the content. In fact I just glanced at a picture of a wave on my wall, and wouldn't you know it, it really is a wave. Now please present to me a picture, any picture, that is without a shadow of a doubt a UFO. This would be impossible as every picture or video that has ever claimed to be of a UFO is 100% false, and that my friends is a cold hard fact.

Seriously though, it may be fun to speculate and ask what if, but its another thing entirely to think some video randomly posted on youtube claiming to be alien footage from the fourties is legit.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #235
BimmerIsMyName

My Ride: 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Yea pretty much the only thing.

2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.5L
Mods: Smoked headlights and tail lights, Clear Side Markers, Front grill chrome delete, BSH Cold Air Intake, MSW 17" Black Wheels, Eibach Pro-Cup Kit, Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Front and Rear), Magnaflow Catback, 18" BBS CK
BimmerIsMyName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #236
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:

I promise I could go out tomorrow and take a picture of a REAL UFO. UFO does not imply aliens, just that it's unidentified, so saying that every UFO picture/video is fake is a ridiculous statement to make. The fact of the matter is people HAVE seen UFOs and have proof that something was in the sky. What's debatable is whether or not what they saw is terrestrial.

flickher

Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #237
Jessethat1guy

My Ride: 03 325ci
Saw a UFO once. It was in the middle of the day. I was skating with a few friends and decided to lay on the grass to take a break. Looking up at the sky, I see a small round object crossing the blue sky. Didn't think anything of it but kept watching it. Crossed a patch of clouds and suddenly stopped. It stood still for about three seconds before speeding back in the direction it came from. It then stopped again for about a second and sped off in the opposite direction through the clouds and just disappeared. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

"Fathers, hide your daughters. Daughters, hide your fathers. I'm like an ostrich. I'll stick my head in any dirty hole."- Pain
Jessethat1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #238
Sponger
Banned

Quote:
I promise I could go out tomorrow and take a picture of a REAL UFO. UFO does not imply aliens, just that it's unidentified, so saying that every UFO picture/video is fake is a ridiculous statement to make. The fact of the matter is people HAVE seen UFOs and have proof that something was in the sky. What's debatable is whether or not what they saw is terrestrial.
My point is there is no debate. Please present a single picture that is debatable. I'm not talking about someone's first person account as humans are known to see things that aren't there. (Jesus is a popular one).

I guess I never suspend disbelief enough to actually believe any of the bullshit concerning UFO's.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #239
cowmoo32
drunken science

flickher

Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #240
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
How about this one ?