E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #21
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
If you can find someone with a GT1 setup, you can probably try to re-sync the EWS with DME. Mileage is also stored in the EWS.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
DCJodon

My Ride: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
honestly, try calling up bmwna and be like wtf.
This. Remember to be like wtf.
DCJodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
neil1138

LOL, this exact thing happened to me years ago.

621,372 miles is 1000000 km btw, found that interesting. I've just been driving since I reset it, now I'm at like 20k miles

Last edited by neil1138; 09-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by y try View Post
I went to the BMW dealership near me (Herb Chambers) and they claimed that no one has ever heard of this issue, just the dead pixel problem... Even the master technician had never heard of this... Anyone got any ideas???
Everyone at Herb Chambers is retarded. I tried to get a PPI there two months ago and they had no idea what I was talking about. Try out a different dealer because I can guarantee you that they have no idea what they're doing

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #25
y try

My Ride: Black 5spd 328CI
Update: still no solution yet.. Could someone educate me on what an EWS is and how to know what car would have a GT1 setup? I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with these terms.. I'm going to try to go to a different dealer tomorrow which is probably gonna be BMW Gallery in Norwood I believe. I'll keep you guys posted BTW DCJodon I'm definetly not gonna forget the WTF this time around lol honestly wouldn't reallyyy mind this if I was keeping the car but I want an M3!!!
Mods: Rare OEM Aero Package, Sport and Premium Package, Navigation OEM Clears, Eagle Eye LED tailights, HID fogs, Invisilight Bulbs all around, Remus exhaust, Res deletes, Dinan Flash, Blacked Out Grills, K&N cold air intake, 15% tints, 12 inch JL sub, V1

y try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
JK1150

My Ride: 2004 325CI
In your sig you have a lot of electronic modifications (HIDs, LED tails, etc). I'd bet that one of those is causing issue with the ECU and LCM. Try disconnecting any electrical modifications, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and reconnect the battery and start the car. See if it still happens
JK1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
y try

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
LOL, this exact thing happened to me years ago.

621,372 miles is 1000000 km btw, found that interesting. I've just been driving since I reset it, now I'm at like 20k miles

I as wondering why that it read such a random number like that...
Mods: Rare OEM Aero Package, Sport and Premium Package, Navigation OEM Clears, Eagle Eye LED tailights, HID fogs, Invisilight Bulbs all around, Remus exhaust, Res deletes, Dinan Flash, Blacked Out Grills, K&N cold air intake, 15% tints, 12 inch JL sub, V1

Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #28
Marcus-SanDiego

My Ride: 2008 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by y try View Post
I as wondering why that it read such a random number like that...
Given the other cluster failures I've heard about, and the fact that others have reported the mileage at 1 million kilometers, the number does not seem random to me.
Marcus-SanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #29
neil1138

It's not worth the effort, trust me, I did all of this 2 years ago. Your mileage can never be put back to what it was originally (well it can using aftermarket tools...) Anyway, just run with it. What you can do (what I did) is go to your local tag agency or was it DMV? Explain to them what happened and they will give you a little sticker to put on your door jamb. It indicates that you know about the mileage and when it comes time to sell the car, it's not illegal (mileage tampering).

Or just wait until the car is 10 years old and claim it mileage exempt

Oh btw, it's the HID fogs that did it. That or have you pulled the fuse to your lcm to prevent the light out indicator?
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #30
y try

I believe it was my fogs after searching around and from what neil1138 has been telling me... I have an appointment with the dealership tommorrow but I think I'm going to cancel it because I guess it's not possible to just reprogram... If someone could educate me on this milage exemption thing it would be great because that would be my best bet because as I said before I've been looking to get a new car...

Thanks again
John