E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
330exeye

My Ride: 2004 330xi
I think the G35 sounds good but .:R32>G35>E46. personally, I don't think the M3 even sounds good until the rasp pipe is addressed. My 330 has a nice base tone, but my VR6+ $300 2.5" custom straight pipe and magnaflow muffler>everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Reminisce View Post
It is indeed called E46fanatics, not E46wellthiscarisokthewayitissowhymodit
330exeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #22
RogueStatus37

My Ride: '04 330ci
Infinity is the one manufacturer that has every car that comes out of the factory, but sound like nothing else on the road. Infinitis have an extremely distinguishable sound and your never going to replicate that. IMO Infiniti sounds artificial and Im not a fan of the sound.

2004 330Ci ZSP 6-Speed

Blackout grills l Smoked Reflectors l CCFL Angel Eyes l Gloss Black Roof Vinyl l BSW Speaker Upgrade l 3.46 Open Diff l BMW Performance SSKl M3 Style Trunk Spoiler
H&R Sport Cup Spring Kit l RHO Tow Hook Plate l Nokya Hyper-yellow Fogs l Stainless Steel Headers l Tuner Slotted Brake Kit l AXXIS/PBR Metal Master Pads l BMW AUX Input Kit

Last edited by RogueStatus37; 10-08-2010 at 05:25 PM.
RogueStatus37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
deadwood83

My Ride: has an iron lung
Send a message via MSN to deadwood83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueStatus37 View Post
Infinity is the one manufacturer that has every car that comes out of the factory, but sound like nothing else on the road. Infinitis have an extremely distinguishable sound and your never going to replicate that. IMO Infiniti sounds artificial and Im not a fan of the sound.
Having lived with an FX35 (same sound) for 8 years, it gets old VERY fast. It sounds amazing for the first 2 years you live with it, but after that you want the noise to go away or sound more realistic. Inside the car it's not bad because they noise deaden the trunk well, but outside it just gets obnoxious.
deadwood83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
jelias714

My Ride: Paid Off!!!
poop
jelias714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #25
PEZi720

My Ride: PPIHC Racecars
the nissan/infiniti VQ line is something that you can't really replicate in an I-6... that's all there is to it....
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #26
mrshelley

My Ride: 2004 330i
Instead of wasting you money on an exhaust, get this:
http://www.vroombox.com/vroombox/
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #27
MRHEAT

My Ride: 04-325i
Nothing is ever going to sound like a Harley and nothing is going to sound like a G35 it all in engine design
MRHEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
offthehookah

My Ride: '04 330Ci w/SportPkg
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make my 330ci sound like this?

offthehookah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #29
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehookah View Post
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make my 330ci sound like this?

Buy the exhaut he has? :doh:

Upgrade in der Saison 2008:
Abgasanlage der Firma Ziegert-Motorsport in verb. mit zwei 100 Zellen-Rennsportkats + Fächerkrümmer. Spaltmaßoptimierter Kompressor, Zylinderkopfbearbeitung. Fahrzeuggewicht jetzt 1410Kg dank zwei Sparco´s, keiner Rückbank und Hifi-Anlage mehr.

Upgrade in the 2008 season:
Exhaust system made by Ziegler-Motorsports verb. with two 100-cell racing catalyst + headers. Spaltmaßoptimierter compressor, cylinder head machining. Vehicle Weight 1410Kg now thanks to two Sparco's no back seat and a stereo anymore.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote