E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #481
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Is there a site you guys use for paleo? I want to look more into it but there's so much info in different places...looking for easy recipes that are either protein heavy or 1:1 P:C.

Anybody?
I use a few infor graphs that explain things pretty easily.

Are you trying to keep fat down? A 1:1 ration of p/c will be tough since most paleo foods are naturally low in carbs. I personally eat potatoes, both sweet and regular though. They are paleo approved but not recommended if you really want to cut body fat.

Basic rule of thumb is that if it grows and isn't a grain you can eat it.

meats, fruits. veggies, tubers, seeds, nuts, olive oils, coconut oils, macadamia oils, avocados, all spices. The idea is to avoid things that come in boxes, shop around the perimeter of the store, and try to eat things with no added chemicals and crap like that.

This will help with foods

here's good info
http://infographic.paleolithicdiet.com/

People to research would be Robb Wolf, Loren Cordain, Mark Sisson.

Robb wolf wanted crossfit to do paleo and they didn't like it so he pretty much got kicked out, ironically almost all cf gyms push paleo now. Loren cordain has a book I believe called paleo of athletes or something and mark sisson has a site called marksdailyapple.com and a book the primal blue print. Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited by DylloS; 05-16-2012 at 10:10 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #482
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
I'm curious about the aversion to dairy, here. Humans have been consuming dairy products for 9000 years or so. One could say it's a key aspect of our evolution.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #483
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I'm curious about the aversion to dairy, here. Humans have been consuming dairy products for 9000 years or so. One could say it's a key aspect of our evolution.
the thing about dairy is that a huge portion of the population is lactose intolerant to some degree but they say if you can digest it it's fine.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #484
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
I would venture a guess and say that it's not the fact that we're eating dairy but rather the quantity and portions of it that we eat.

Personally, I drink a ton of milk, eat a ton of greek yogurt, and have cheese sticks (think string cheese) regularly. Has helped getting calories and protein into my diet.

At the end of the day, Murkans are fat because of lifestyle choices much more so than their diets. Eating out all the time, drinking tons of alcohol, rarely exercising, and watching endless TV does damage regardless of what you're eating.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #485
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
I would venture a guess and say that it's not the fact that we're eating dairy but rather the quantity and portions of it that we eat..
I'm pretty sure its proven that tons of dairy can actually make you lactose intolerant.

My problem or criticism of paleo is that they go to extremes. They love avocados for instance and will eat 2-3 avocados a week. That just doesn't seem likely or natural.

Everything in moderation, I eat carbs if I'm eating italian food, but i have no problem leaving half a bun if I eat a burger.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #486
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Cereal and smoothie for the road. Bout to paddle out

sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #487
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
I'm pretty sure its proven that tons of dairy can actually make you lactose intolerant.

My problem or criticism of paleo is that they go to extremes. They love avocados for instance and will eat 2-3 avocados a week. That just doesn't seem likely or natural.

Everything in moderation, I eat carbs if I'm eating italian food, but i have no problem leaving half a bun if I eat a burger.
It's much more likely that our ancestors ate three avocados a week than a gallon of milk a day. I would not say that all "extremes" are equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #488
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
It's much more likely that our ancestors ate three avocados a week than a gallon of milk a day. I would not say that all "extremes" are equal.
agreed. so how do we choose the "healthiest" extreme to follow?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #489
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
Qdoba grilled veggie burrito was amazing!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #490
DylloS

Quote:

I guess it depended where you lived lol

Quote:
agreed. so how do we choose the "healthiest" extreme to follow?
this is it man. No idea. This is why I chose a close to paleo diet. It's just a more natural way to eat than a lot of other diets.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #491
DylloS

Shredded chicken I made the other day and some frozen chili from last week mixed together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1337277329.973511.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	452011  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #492
DylloS

The chicken was dipped in coconut flour, egg, coconut flakes, and cooked in coconut oil. The sauce was made from two large oranges, honey, and coconut aminos, with red pepper flakes and ginger. The kale was sauteed in olive oil with just salt and pepper. So amazing.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #493
jmcdolej

White rice with hot sauce. Chicken in crock pot all day with shake on seasoning and hot sauce.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338431054.247504.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	454067  

Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #494
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
White rice with hot sauce. Chicken in crock pot all day with shake on seasoning and hot sauce.
white rice?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #495
jmcdolej

Is that because of the taste or healthiness of white rice?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #496
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
It's health related. White rice is lower in nutrients than it's darker counterparts. Also, darker rice will have a lower glycemic effect...meaning they won't spike insulin as much...meaning they won't encourage fat gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #497
DylloS

Quote:
Quote:
It's health related. White rice is lower in nutrients than it's darker counterparts. Also, darker rice will have a lower glycemic effect...meaning they won't spike insulin as much...meaning they won't encourage fat gain.
yea this. I like it but it's pretty much garbage compared to a lot of other foods.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #498
jmcdolej

So usually I workout 8/830-9/930. When I finish I usually dive in the pool for a few. Then I come in to watch tv for an hour or so. When I sat down I am usually starving? I will find some sort of snack that is still under my weight watchers points no problem. It just seems wrong to eat so close to bed. But if I didn't I wouldn't sleep well and I would wake up starving. Thoughts?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #499
DylloS

Quote:
So usually I workout 8/830-9/930. When I finish I usually dive in the pool for a few. Then I come in to watch tv for an hour or so. When I sat down I am usually starving? I will find some sort of snack that is still under my weight watchers points no problem. It just seems wrong to eat so close to bed. But if I didn't I wouldn't sleep well and I would wake up starving. Thoughts?
perfectly fine. My suggestion would be some nuts and some casein protein either in powder form or cottage cheese.

I drink a big glass of two percent milk before bed now. I feel like I'm kind of addicted lol. I'm not too concerned with the extra cals though. I seem to be losing my little belly relatively fast and still getting stronger so I'm going to keep it up.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #500
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
how's my presentation?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20120605-00388.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	454990  
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote