E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
Schrock

My Ride: Floaties
BFast:
  • 5 whole eggs scrambled
  • rolled oats w/ milk
  • handfull of blueberries
  • coffee w/ milk

Snack:
  • cinnamon almonds
  • frozen raspberries

Lunch:
  • Pile of turkey on WW bread with mustard
  • Spinach & veggie salad w/ EVOO and balsamic vinegar

Snack:
  • Sardines (canned)

PWO:
  • 30g ON Whey
  • 40g Waximaize

Dinner:
  • Grilled chicken breast
  • Pile of green beans
  • WW linguine al dente w/ tomato & basil sauce plus parm
  • Coffee w/ milk

I'll probably have a glass of milk and a can of tuna before bed. Optimen Multi 2X/day, 3g fish oil 3X/day.

Last edited by Schrock; 10-04-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Schrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #42
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I heard about people eating gummy bears pwo. I'd just get some dextrose though. Cheaper and better probably.
i got a bag of fun size skittles. how much sugar/carbs would be suitable? one fun size bag has about 10 g of sugar
Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #43
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
3 carbs : 1 grab of protein is what you should aim for. I would stay away from things that have HFCS, tho.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #44
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
What do you mean dirty diet lol.
meaning you're not too concern with extra bad and fat.

clean diet vs dirty. Yours seems like a dirty cut lol. Not really a lot of calories and not very clean imo. Simple carbs, cream cheese, only two eggs.

Doesn't seem like you have a set plan judging from the contents and portion size.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #45
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
My day yesterday...

Woke up at 9:00 PM: White tuna, bag of mixed nuts/seeds, bowl of mixed vegetables steamed.

10:30 AM: Handful of more nuts/seeds and a banana before going on my 7 mile run.

11:30 AM: More white tuna after getting back from run.

12:00 PM: Plain sweet potato steamed.

1:00 PM: Some more nuts/seeds.

1:45 PM: Bowl of mixed fruits before one 2 mile swim and another mile doing interval training.

3:00 PM: Two sandwichs, some type of black bread from Germany, different types of sandwich meat, unions, tomatoes and raw spinach leaves after getting back from swimming.

4:30 PM: Brussel sprouts steamed and some more nuts/seeds before and durning traing. 2 1/2 hours or so, lots of jumping, running around back and forth using a weird little reflex ball. I'll mix it up with pull ups, pushups, bear crawls and basically a bunch of different things involving my own body weight. Half hour practicing Parkour, mostly just for fun, lol.

7:30 PM: White tuna after training.

9:45 PM: Some sweet potato chips with salsa.

11:00 PM: Some chocolate

1:00 AM: White tuna.

5'7 145 lbs, small frame, athletic build. Did about 5-6 hours of training. I also do random pushups and pull ups randomly throughout the day. Pushups usually in sets of 50-80, pull ups 25-35. Don't count calories but I'm guessing around 3500-4500 mostly from all the nuts and seeds.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #46
BMW_Matt

Quote:
meaning you're not too concern with extra bad and fat.

clean diet vs dirty. Yours seems like a dirty cut lol. Not really a lot of calories and not very clean imo. Simple carbs, cream cheese, only two eggs.

Doesn't seem like you have a set plan judging from the contents and portion size.
Oh, yeah. It doesn't matter what I eat really. I really don't eat much saturated fat, but I do get a lot of other fats, I get a lot of protein and carbs. I'll gain muscle on whatever I eat, it doesn't bother me.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #47
DylloS

Quote:
Oh, yeah. It doesn't matter what I eat really. I really don't eat much saturated fat, but I do get a lot of other fats, I get a lot of protein and carbs. I'll gain muscle on whatever I eat, it doesn't bother me.
Got it. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to have a certain diet. Wish i could gain muscle on anything lol.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #48
tK715

My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
I'll play, here's a typical day for me:

7:00am - Whey shake, 1/2 cup oats, banana
10:30am - Almonds and/or apple, cup of green tea
1:00pm - Can of tuna or footlong turkey sandwich or salad with chicken
4:00pm - Almonds and/or apple
6:00pm (Pre w/o) - half scoop Whey, 1/2 cup oats
8:00pm (post w/o) - Whey shake, 1/2 cup oats
8:45pm - Steak or Skinless/Boneless chicken breast or salmon with brown rice and veggies
10:30/11:00pm - Casein shake/milk or cottage cheese

~1 gallon of water per day
I'll usually eat others fruits, eggs & wheat bread throughout the week as well.

Suggestions?
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #49
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Got it. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to have a certain diet. Wish i could gain muscle on anything lol.
Nah. I just try and eat a lot and keep my un-saturated fats low.
Freshman year I was like 145. Now I'm almost 180.
I worked out on and off from Freshman year until late Sophomore year. This past summer was when I really started to hit the gym daily and get my routine, and it's really only been the past month where I have gotten seriously 99.9% devoted with goals, logs, etc.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #50
Mike Larry

ive been bulking for a month and ive gone from 182 lb (12% bf) to 193 lb (13% bf). does this sound realistic? i feel like thats a pretty small gain in bodyfat for the amount of weight i gained in a month; starting to wonder whether i measured my bodyfat correctly the first time
Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #51
Schrock

My Ride: Floaties
Before you had 22lbs of fat, after you had 25 with an overall weight gain of 11 lbs. That means you theoretically gained 3lbs of fat, and 8 lean body mass...I wouldn't say that's necessarily possible. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day for both weigh ins (upon waking, after the phenomenal morning piss?) You may be accounting for water in those 11 lbs too.

On the flip side, you are bulking. You need not worry about calipers and your %BF. In my opinion, check the scale every once in a while to see your progress but don't worry about body fat. You're bulking, you are going to gain fat, accept it while at the same time remember you are gaining muscle. Don't forget, its a marathon not a sprint. Cheers
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #52
Mike Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Before you had 22lbs of fat, after you had 25 with an overall weight gain of 11 lbs. That means you theoretically gained 3lbs of fat, and 8 lean body mass...I wouldn't say that's necessarily possible. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day for both weigh ins (upon waking, after the phenomenal morning piss?) You may be accounting for water in those 11 lbs too.

On the flip side, you are bulking. You need not worry about calipers and your %BF. In my opinion, check the scale every once in a while to see your progress but don't worry about body fat. You're bulking, you are going to gain fat, accept it while at the same time remember you are gaining muscle. Don't forget, its a marathon not a sprint. Cheers
i just weighed myself at random points of the day, so youre right: there might be a couple pounds of water weight and other stuff to account for. its just that when i weighed myself at the gym i couldnt believe i was almost 195 lbs
Old 10-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #53
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
ive been bulking for a month and ive gone from 182 lb (12% bf) to 193 lb (13% bf). does this sound realistic? i feel like thats a pretty small gain in bodyfat for the amount of weight i gained in a month; starting to wonder whether i measured my bodyfat correctly the first time
Prob water weight too. Are you taking creatine now?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #54
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
1 month, 11lbs, and 1% increase in bodyfat - either you've added a special sauce to the mix, or something's not being measured properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #55
Mike Larry

Quote:
Prob water weight too. Are you taking creatine now?
yea 10g of creatine a day.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #56
BMW_Matt

Quote:
yea 10g of creatine a day.
Why aren't you doing a loading phase? You are just wasting creatine if you are taking it 10/day constantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
1 month, 11lbs, and 1% increase in bodyfat - either you've added a special sauce to the mix, or something's not being measured properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Don't forget, its a marathon not a sprint. Cheers
That's what she said.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #57
Mike Larry

Quote:
Why aren't you doing a loading phase? You are just wasting creatine if you are taking it 10/day constantly.

That's what she said.
i did a loading phase for about a week in late august and then ive been doing 10g a day ever since. is this wrong?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #58
BMW_Matt

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/cr...eatine-use.htm

After long enough you can alter the period to fit your body best, but a 4 month loading phase is not really sensible.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #59
Mike Larry

Quote:
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/cr...eatine-use.htm

After long enough you can alter the period to fit your body best, but a 4 month loading phase is not really sensible.
oh wow i didnt know that. thanks

ive been buying containers of creatine that last about a month if you take 10 g a day. i took 20g a day for a week, and then 10g a day until the jar ran out. then i waited a month or two and did it again
Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #60
BMW_Matt

Lol, I have GNC's mono and it's lasted me several months and I still have a bunch left.