E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
RHLP3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 206
My Ride: An office chair
Bump for awesome work. Perhaps you can sell the IP to the folks at BSW and speed up their stage 2 upgrade release?
__________________
Quote:
If we leave by midnight...
RHLP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
Jaytona
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 25
My Ride: e46/e66/e30
The harness connector pin numbers are embossed on the plastic. There are two "halves" to the connector, looking at the female harness connector its pin lay out looks like this:

Grey of connector
Pin # 13 / Tweeter Rear Right door + * Yellow Pin # 21 / Tweeter Rear Right door - *Blue / yellow
Pin # 12 / Tweeter Front Right - Blue / Brown Pin #20 / no connection
Pin # 11 / Tweeter Front Right + Blue / black Pin #19 / no connection
Pin # 10 / Switched +12v remote turn on White Pin #18 / no connection
Pin # 9 / Head unit output Front Right + Blue / red Pin #17 / Head unit output Front Right - Brown / orange
Pin # 8 / Head unit output Rear Right + Blue / black Pin #16 / Head unit output Rear Right - Brown / orange
Pin # 7 / no connection Pin #15 / no connection
Pin # 6 / no connection Pin #14 / no connection
Pin # 5 / +12v factory amp +12v supply *Red / green
Pin # 4 / Woofer Front Left +Blue / white
Pin # 3 / Woofer Front Left -Blue / brown
Pin # 2 / Woofer Rear Left +Yellow
Pin # 1 / Woofer Rear Left -Brown

Black of connector
Pin # 34 / Tweeter Front Left - Yellow / brown Pin # 42 / Mid Front Right door + *Green
Pin # 33 / Tweeter Front Left + Yellow / red Pin #41 / Mid Front Right door - *Blue / green
Pin # 32 / Tweeter Rear left door - * Yellow / brown Pin #40 / Mid Front left door + *White
Pin # 31 / Tweeter Rear Left door + * Yellow / black Pin #39 / Mid Front left door - *Blue / white
Pin # 30 / Head output Front left - Brown / orange Pin #38 / Head output Front Left + Yellow / red
Pin # 29 / Head output Rear Left - Brown / orange Pin #37 / Head output Rear Left + Yellow / black
Pin # 28 / no connection Pin #36 / no connection
Pin # 27 / no connection Pin #35 / no connection
Pin # 26 / DC ground factory ampBrown
Pin # 25 / Woofer Rear Right +Blue
Pin # 24 / Woofer Rear Right -Brown
Pin # 23 / Woofer Front Right +Blue / Red
Pin # 22 / Woofer Front Right -Blue / Brown

Pins 1-5 and 22-26 are heavier connections that then other pins, these are the ones that feed the woofers and provide power to the factory amp. I did not use the power connections for the factory amp for the ADS amp - the ADS can draw 30A and the factory connector had wire much to small for that type of current draw. Instead I powered the ADS amp directly (with safety fuses etc) from the battery (easy since BMW puts the battery in the trunk).
Jaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHLP3 View Post
Bump for awesome work. Perhaps you can sell the IP to the folks at BSW and speed up their stage 2 upgrade release?
Thanks...

You can make your own amplifier upgrade with this harness, while choosing your own amplifier(s).

Last edited by Technic; 10-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #24
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytona View Post
The harness connector pin numbers are embossed on the plastic. There are two "halves" to the connector, looking at the female harness connector its pin lay out looks like this:

Grey of connector
Pin # 13 / Tweeter Rear Right door + * Yellow Pin # 21 / Tweeter Rear Right door - *Blue / yellow
Pin # 12 / Tweeter Front Right - Blue / Brown Pin #20 / no connection
Pin # 11 / Tweeter Front Right + Blue / black Pin #19 / no connection
Pin # 10 / Switched +12v remote turn on White Pin #18 / no connection
Pin # 9 / Head unit output Front Right + Blue / red Pin #17 / Head unit output Front Right - Brown / orange
Pin # 8 / Head unit output Rear Right + Blue / black Pin #16 / Head unit output Rear Right - Brown / orange
Pin # 7 / no connection Pin #15 / no connection
Pin # 6 / no connection Pin #14 / no connection
Pin # 5 / +12v factory amp +12v supply *Red / green
Pin # 4 / Woofer Front Left +Blue / white
Pin # 3 / Woofer Front Left -Blue / brown
Pin # 2 / Woofer Rear Left +Yellow
Pin # 1 / Woofer Rear Left -Brown

Black of connector
Pin # 34 / Tweeter Front Left - Yellow / brown Pin # 42 / Mid Front Right door + *Green
Pin # 33 / Tweeter Front Left + Yellow / red Pin #41 / Mid Front Right door - *Blue / green
Pin # 32 / Tweeter Rear left door - * Yellow / brown Pin #40 / Mid Front left door + *White
Pin # 31 / Tweeter Rear Left door + * Yellow / black Pin #39 / Mid Front left door - *Blue / white
Pin # 30 / Head output Front left - Brown / orange Pin #38 / Head output Front Left + Yellow / red
Pin # 29 / Head output Rear Left - Brown / orange Pin #37 / Head output Rear Left + Yellow / black
Pin # 28 / no connection Pin #36 / no connection
Pin # 27 / no connection Pin #35 / no connection
Pin # 26 / DC ground factory ampBrown
Pin # 25 / Woofer Rear Right +Blue
Pin # 24 / Woofer Rear Right -Brown
Pin # 23 / Woofer Front Right +Blue / Red
Pin # 22 / Woofer Front Right -Blue / Brown

Pins 1-5 and 22-26 are heavier connections that then other pins, these are the ones that feed the woofers and provide power to the factory amp. I did not use the power connections for the factory amp for the ADS amp - the ADS can draw 30A and the factory connector had wire much to small for that type of current draw. Instead I powered the ADS amp directly (with safety fuses etc) from the battery (easy since BMW puts the battery in the trunk).
What's the purpose of this post here?
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #25
Jaytona
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 25
My Ride: e46/e66/e30
when u use this harness do u still connect the stero speaker wires to the back of the radio harness to the cars radio harness ?
Jaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #26
Jaytona
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 25
My Ride: e46/e66/e30
and run the out put speaker wire comming from the amp to the imput by the amps input harness?
Jaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #27
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytona View Post
when u use this harness do u still connect the stero speaker wires to the back of the radio harness to the cars radio harness ?
All the wires from the back of the OEM radio/Nav tuner are available at the trunk OEM amp connector; you just posted the OEM amp connector wire assignments that clearly show all the wires (inputs and outputs).

In this harness, the OEM radio/Nav tuner outputs are terminated with RCA plugs. There's no need to remove the radio or do anything in that Quadralock connector in the back of the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytona View Post
and run the out put speaker wire comming from the amp to the imput by the amps input harness?
The OEM amp is replaced by this harness, so you can connect your own amplifiers while using the existing OEM wires without cutting, splicing or tapping them.

Again, why the post of the pin assignments in this thread?
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #28
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #29
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #30
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
Bill W
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 94
My Ride: 330ci
Nice looking work.
Bill W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #32
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Thanks...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #34
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #35
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #36
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #37
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #38
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #39
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
Technic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,990
My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Bump...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use