E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #2101
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
figured out my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer2u View Post
I have had my dynavin working great for some time now but I had it set to default to navigation on start up and now I forget how to get to wince desktop screen.
Figured it out and got everything back to where I need it. Just a brain fart I guess.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #2102
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer2u View Post
Figured it out and got everything back to where I need it. Just a brain fart I guess.
How about you post what you did so it can help others out who may have the same problem FFS
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #2103
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
How I got back to the desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
How about you post what you did so it can help others out who may have the same problem FFS
Since the GPS was in auto boot to GPS, I just exited the GPS from the GPS MENU button. When the main screen came up I immediately UNCHECKED the "always start GPS automatically" box.

I then restarted to the main screen and selected SETUP--NAVIGATION. I touched the small folder and went to STORAGE CARD---PROGRAM FILES---DESKTOP--DESKTOP.EXE. I selected OK.

I selected the little HOME icon in the upper left screen which took me back to the main menu. Now when I select the Navigation (the convertable car) it takes me to the desktop. I set the Primo icon to point to my GPS software.

Now the wife can surf the web when I tether my phone for wireless surfing.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #2104
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Did I miss something or has a month gone by without any contributions to this thread...

I've been to Hawaii but surely that can't have caused a complete shutdown of the space time continuum...

Oh and I did forget to update my issue with the radio touchscreen going wacky...a reload of the firmware fixed it.

...and the DVB-T tuner works fine if you have reasonable signal strength...I don't at home...I live in a hole in the ground evidently.
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #2105
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
all the action is on the D99 thread and the android thread.....so many dynavin threads....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #2106
dom.italiano

My Ride: 2000 323CI
My Dynavin D99 Android refuses to exit a black screen with the camera icon in the top left corner...it seems to be stuck on the camera page and nothing I have tried will get it out of there. I've hit the reset button, the nav button, pretty much everything..anyone seen anything like this?
dom.italiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #2107
J&T Distributing

Sounds like the reverse wire is connected to power?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #2108
dom.italiano

You could be right, I havent pulled the unit back out yet but it has been working, as I parked the car it just randomly went to that screen and won't revert back.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #2109
dom.italiano

I pulled the unit out and it started working again, I'm guessing the plug was not making full connection or something, bit tight there..
Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #2110
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Shotty wiring install.
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #2111
mikesmith2

My Ride: BMW Touring
Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest iGo primo maps for Europe?

Also when i plug an sd card with adapter into the usb lead it goes to the BMW screen and stays there, if i put a micro sd card with mp3 files on into the slot on the front it says file format not known.

I have the E39 dynavin v5

Any help appreciated
mikesmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #2112
mikesmith2

My Ride: BMW Touring
Ok Managed to find Feb 2011 Europe maps with buildings, poi's and phoneme files all from the same date.

Just the usb issues to sort out.
mikesmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #2113
rev4turbomonster

My Ride: toyota
Can someone please help me my d99 android will not find wifi just keeps scanning and then says unable to scan networks also sometimes brins up a process error from within android. I thought easiest thing to do would be to reinstall the firmware but no matter what I do it won't reinstall. Is there a step by step guide for an idiot like me to reinstall firmware. Also where can I get a replacement gps antenna as I have damaged mine.

cheers

Matt
rev4turbomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #2114
Tho///a5

Mine is installed just the same as my d95 was but I get the same wifi problems as u described. I even reinstated the firmware but it didn't change anything. I've updated my d95 in the past so the d99 is exactly the same. Anyone else having that issue?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #2115
rev4turbomonster

The problem I have is that it will not update the firmware or reinstall it. I have downloaded the firmware from dynavin site put it on the sd card hoping it would just reinstall. When this didn't work read a thread that said format the sd card to fat 32 which I did copied the files across and still it does not update what am I doing wrong??
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #2116
J&T Distributing

both of you are describing what happens when the wifi antenna is plugged into the wrong USB plug, double check that it is plugged into the GPS USB.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #2117
Tho///a5

I'll give it a whirl Jeff.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #2118
rev4turbomonster

Hi Jeff definately in the right usb I tried swapping them over in case they were labelled wrongly but as soon as the dongle is plugged into the other port it loads up the usb screen
Old 01-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #2119
Tunes442

My Ride: 2002 325i
I'm having two issues with my D95 and I'm not sure if they are related.
I went for a 2 hour drive to meet my son and the GPS froze three times, (while navigating a route). Each time i had to turn off the unit and restart it. I was on the ipod interface page for most of the time and was only checking on the GPS screen intermittently.
After the second freeze and reboot, I received a call, but didn't pickup since my bluetooth was turned off. I turned it on and tried to connect to the Dynavin. No Go. It wouldn't pair. i rebooted both the phone (Iphone4) and the dynavin while trying to initiate the pairing from the phone. I kept that up for 20 minutes trying to get them to pair before turning off the highway and stopping to return the missed call.

Pairing still doesn't work and I haven't used the gps to navigate a route since and it hasn't frozen again.

Also another thing, if i am listening to songs in my playlist and i am on the Nav screen and a new song starts, the top two lines on information does not update. it will still show the info from whatever song was playing the last time I viewed the ipod screen, even though the bottom two lines of info are updated and correct.
weird., very buggy.

And finally another Bug? the NAV display sometimes does not turn when I do. If i stop at an intersection, the screen still displays the direction (in 3d mode) that i was going, but it shows that i am now going in a different direction, i.e. sideways at 60mph.

anyone else having any of these issues,?
Tunes442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #2120
rev4turbomonster

I am wondering whether my problem is hardware related rather than software related. Also wondering whether to return this to the supplier and get a wince version if it will be more stable. I liked the idea of android to have further functionality but thinking about it more I think as long as I have sat nav on there and ipod flash drive playback and bluetooth will I use the other feature. Need to try and work out if it is hardware or software first. Was really hoping this would just be plug and play