E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #401
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosportm3 View Post

Also, do you guys find that on the bluetooth screen goes blank when you make a call and the person answers??
When you get connected does your screen go blank?? after the call is ended it still remains blank for me.
I try pressing the screen to wake it up and nothing....only mode button works to toggle through modes.....
Mine does not do this either.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #402
robytza

My Ride: BMW 318d 2005
Can you please help me with this topics regarding Dynavin V5 ?

1. Can you please tell me how to change the main screen language ? Its now in German and i want English but i cannot find anywhere the language selection for the main menu (ex : now Camera is Kamera).
I see some pictures posted by you in this topic with english interface. Where its the language selection part ?

2. Also i think the clock from main Settings menu has a bug. Where i tap + or - it will jump with different steps in different ways and will not change when i stop (remain like it was initially).
How i can change this main Clock settings ?

Thank you in advance for your responses.
robytza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #403
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Dbl posts.

Last edited by BrutaL; 10-18-2010 at 03:15 PM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #404
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post
THANK YOU!!!

You are right! On the V5 if you hit STOP/PAUSE/EXIT and go to the main screen and idle, the unit automatically returns to the last source and resumes playing. Basically they system doesn't seem to want to let you run the main menu without something playing in the background. Now I can listen to music and hit STOP, and jump to Navi directly from there and silence! Perfect. Thank you so much for the insight!
I believe STOP/PAUSE/MUTE (havent tried EXIT) are soft stop/pause/mute. Not the hard STOP/PAUSE/MUTE we're accustomed to in the old units. The Dynavin unit is predominantly firmware software driven.

If you were listening to the radio or usb music and then go to the main menu, the unit waits for user input and starts a timer countdown (~5 secs). If you do nothing in 5 secs, it times out waiting for user input. Since you didnt do anything, there is no (user input) instruction to execute so it reverts to the previous screen ie; play the radio or usb music. That is how the logic flow is designed.

The only fault Im seeing here is it should have retained the soft STOP/PAUSE/MUTE. There's a bad branch (goto) instruction somewhere in the program.

I prefer the unit give the user full control. If I want to stop/pause/mute the music, it should do that. That's what the buttons are for.

Last edited by BrutaL; 10-18-2010 at 12:21 PM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #405
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
ac relocation kit part number

I order the relocation kit from my dealer who matches Tischer's price and saves me shipping. However, I got the same part as what I have now. Does anyone have the actual relocation kit PART NUMBER for the AC with a single switch control bar? 2003 325i is the model.

Last edited by bimmer2u; 10-18-2010 at 09:02 PM.
bimmer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #406
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer2u View Post
I order the relocation kit from my dealer who matches Tischer's price and saves me shipping. However, I got the same part as what I have now. Does anyone have the actual relocation kit for the AC with a single switch control bar? 2003 325i is the model.
you are lucky because your dealer matched the price and everything.
when i called up my local bmw dealer they thought i was martian or something. they swore they never even heard of a hvac relocation kit. lol i even gave them the part number

EDIT: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Last edited by G-Hots; 10-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #407
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
keep in mind guys....its not a AC relocation kit....thats just what this community calls it. It is the console/ashtray assembly intended for an E46 with factory Nav.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #408
bimmer2u

RealOEM shows part number but wrong part

I went to RealOEM.com and looked up the part for unit with factory nav and smokers kit (for the wife to put stuff). That part number was not what it should have been. I was hoping someone ordered it and had the BMW part number.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #409
mosportm3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post
Issue resolved from post# 387 and 389. You can't stay idle on the main menu without something playing.

I haven't found hitting exit multiple times to get to the main screen an annoyance yet.

I tested my blue tooth and mines does not go blank when someone answers. Same if someone calls me. The screen stays on the blue tooth phone screen. What phone are you using?
Yea, its not that bad, its just a little annoying when driving and you have to take your eyes of the road repeatedly for a couple of seconds to see what you're pressing...and with cyclists weaving in front of you and crazy drivers cutting you off etc, it would be nice if they implemented an icon (that doesnt dissappear with the menu) to take you straight to the home screen from any page in the corner or something...but not a huge deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
I think that's the way it's meant to work. Not that I agree with it, but I think all of them do it. Hopefully this can be a firmware issue that can be "fixed".

I think it goes blank (dark) for a second, And then it's supposed to switch to the bluetooth screen. If it doesn't something else is going on.

Yea, and after my post yesterday I was playing around with it a little more today....in case others reading find the same issue...

I discovered that when someone calls me (incoming) the screen remains on the bluetooth screen and doesnt go blank until i hang up then its only for a couple of secs and goes back to previous screen...
But I discovered that while I was in a listening mode (like ipod for example) I would press the right knob in and it would take me as a shortcut to the bluetooth screen make the call and then I would make the call and then go blank afterwards for a while...so it doesnt do it all the time...

I have to play some more, and need to get used to it...Im sure after the firmware a lot of the quirks will be worked out, the V5 interface is entirely knew from scratch so have to expect little quirks and have to give dynavin credit for the effort in improving the units looks and all the rest will eventually work out....
mosportm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #410
bimmer2u

Volume issues on bluetooth and navi instructions

Ok, I installed the unit and everything works pretty well. Love the new screens. I have set the volume to "loud" and move the fader to a little more front. I have two minor issues, the first being more important. 1) the volume on the bluetooth incoming or outgoing call is very low. I have to max out volume (39) just to barely hear. 2) The navi instructions are not very loud, but louder than bluetooth. Radio works great though. Any ideas or help? One more item...when you touch a button to change a function or screen, the front speakers cut out but rears are fine. Its like a navi instruction but no sound. Is that normal? Just so you know, I am using default software. I have not installed 8.3.x yet.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #411
J&T Distributing

check your phone for bluetooth volume, most have a setting while you are connected. Your phone volume should be roughly similar to your other sources if the phone volume is set correctly.

For your second issue, there is a setting in the windows menu (the one with the lowrider)...go to setup, then "sound" then set "keystroke" to "non".....Then go into the iGo8 Nav program and go into the sound settings menu, there you will find a bunch of volume adjustments, max them all out.

That should solve all your issues.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-18-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #412
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
You have the patience of a saint Jeff, rinse and repeat.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #413
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosportm3 View Post
Yea, its not that bad, its just a little annoying when driving and you have to take your eyes of the road repeatedly for a couple of seconds to see what you're pressing...and with cyclists weaving in front of you and crazy drivers cutting you off etc, it would be nice if they implemented an icon (that doesnt dissappear with the menu) to take you straight to the home screen from any page in the corner or something...but not a huge deal.

Yea, and after my post yesterday I was playing around with it a little more today....in case others reading find the same issue...

I discovered that when someone calls me (incoming) the screen remains on the bluetooth screen and doesnt go blank until i hang up then its only for a couple of secs and goes back to previous screen...
But I discovered that while I was in a listening mode (like ipod for example) I would press the right knob in and it would take me as a shortcut to the bluetooth screen make the call and then I would make the call and then go blank afterwards for a while...so it doesnt do it all the time...

I have to play some more, and need to get used to it...Im sure after the firmware a lot of the quirks will be worked out, the V5 interface is entirely knew from scratch so have to expect little quirks and have to give dynavin credit for the effort in improving the units looks and all the rest will eventually work out....
Ive been using a V5 in testing for a while now and I find that I dont use the "source selection" screen much because of exactly what you guys are talking about, I just use the mode button to cycle through the sources, once you figure out what order they are in you learn how many presses of the mode button will get you to where you want to go. This is how most head units both factory and aftermarket work anyway.....the ability to go to the selection screen...I just treat it as a bonus, I dont use it all the time but its nice if I need it...
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #414
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
You have the patience of a saint Jeff, rinse and repeat.
Well....not everybody has been following this from the beginning like you and I....Its okay, Im getting paid to do this at this point so its okay with me!

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-18-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #415
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
I will tell you what Jeff, I am spoiled with my avic d3 in the cobra. source selection, using different functions. lol

I installed the audio/video cable for the ipod and that will help out greatly with using the ipod/iphone. I hate not having resume. I wonder if it will resume with this cable instead of using the dedicated ipod cable. driving home with the dedicated cable and listening to the iphone, then get a call, hang up and have to go back through selecting a song. can't wait till they fix that. right now that is my only beef. all the other stuff is just learning how to use it.

oh yeah, seeing things in chinese or whatever language like the timezone, that is annoying as hell. ok, rant off. that is really it. I promise....for now.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #416
mosportm3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Ive been using a V5 in testing for a while now and I find that I dont use the "source selection" screen much because of exactly what you guys are talking about, I just use the mode button to cycle through the sources, once you figure out what order they are in you learn how many presses of the mode button will get you to where you want to go. This is how most head units both factory and aftermarket work anyway.....the ability to go to the selection screen...I just treat it as a bonus, I dont use it all the time but its nice if I need it...
I hear ya.....and yea not a huge deal....things are just a matter of getting used to...just easier to see what mode you select with one keystroke from main menu, rather than cycling through...
could they program the mode button so that if you hold it down for like three seconds it takes you to the home screen?

Everything else on the unit I'm getting used to and is really great...gets lots of compliments from friends too...

Also, many have mentioned the sound quality comparison between the Factory head unit and I think the Dynavin is much better....
mosportm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #417
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbovnm View Post
i will tell you what jeff, i am spoiled with my avic d3 in the cobra. Source selection, using different functions. Lol

i installed the audio/video cable for the ipod and that will help out greatly with using the ipod/iphone. i hate not having resume. i wonder if it will resume with this cable instead of using the dedicated ipod cable. Driving home with the dedicated cable and listening to the iphone, then get a call, hang up and have to go back through selecting a song. Can't wait till they fix that. right now that is my only beef. All the other stuff is just learning how to use it.

Oh yeah, seeing things in chinese or whatever language like the timezone, that is annoying as hell. Ok, rant off. That is really it. I promise....for now.
+1

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #418
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
+1
solution, thanks to Jeff. (go figure right, lol) Use the audio/video cable for the ipod. it is extra, but you hook it to the audio in and video in and select Aux on the unit. then use the ipod/iphone to control. it works like the unit should work through it's ipod jack.

I just tucked the other ipod cable up and out of the way. when they provide an update, if I like it, I will use it. other than that I will use the audio/video cable.

now, the aux screen just shows no input or data while you are playing the ipod. wonder if we could setup a screen saver so there is something else there or an image. I know we could go into the nav and have that on there, but that gets annoying to me if I am not really using it.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #419
J&T Distributing

Ive got a solution for you but it involves more screwing around with things that may or may not work.....depending on your iphone and what software it has, and a million other variables, you can jailbreak and run the app called TVout (there are a few variations of this app, you will have to find one that works for you) This app will output whatever is displayed on the iphones screen through the video outputs....so you would end up with your album artwork, or coverflow displayed on your dynavins screen when using the aux in. I posted about it here....somewhere in the couple hundred pages....

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-19-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #420
bimmer2u

MIcro SDHC compatible?

I searched and searched.....I swear.....before I posted this question. Someone asked but I did not see an answer......are the Micr SDHC cards compatible with the Dynavin? Anyone try one and if so, which "brand" are you using. I would love a fast class Micro SDHC if they work.