E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 216 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #141
B Nogo

My Ride: 2002 325 CI
Bimman GPS/DVD

I ordered this unit through Bimmian last week. Sorry Jeff I oredered it before reading all your posts otherwise I would have gone through you. I just have one question i can not seem to find the answer too.

What version will I be getting through Bimmian.

By the way Jeff... great info
B Nogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #142
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Nogo View Post
I ordered this unit through Bimmian last week. Sorry Jeff I oredered it before reading all your posts otherwise I would have gone through you. I just have one question i can not seem to find the answer too.

The best way to find out is contact Bimmian and ask them
Old 10-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #143
immigrant

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Nogo View Post

Lol what a question, the stars tell me you will get V3
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #144
B Nogo

My Ride: 2002 325 CI
Wow...... really? Thanks so much for that great information. Maybe your stars can tell you the winning lottery numbers. LOL!
B Nogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #145
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
B Nogo,

think about it, how would any of us know which unit you are getting? most people following these threads appear to have been getting them from Jeff. Since Jeff is updating us on a regular basis with what he is doing and what he is getting from Dynavin, we know what we are getting when ordering from him.

Bimmian isn't on here or in these threads showing their support and what they have going on, so nobody can really tell you which one you are getting except Bimmian. So, as already stated, contact them and see what they have or what you purchased. That should have been something you checked into before handing your money over. And if it is an older unit, I would suggest canceling your order and getting the latest version from Jeff. Although, his september list is done and is probably taking a new list for October or something. You would have to contact him. Maybe Bimmian has new units on the way or already in stock. Again, contact them to find out. There is no way we would know.

can't you see that seems like a silly question to be asking here?

immigrant, pm me the numbers for the MD lottery please. I will split the winnings with you.

thanks
Jason
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #146
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
B Nogo,

think about it, how would any of us know which unit you are getting? most people following these threads appear to have been getting them from Jeff. Since Jeff is updating us on a regular basis with what he is doing and what he is getting from Dynavin, we know what we are getting when ordering from him.

Bimmian isn't on here or in these threads showing their support and what they have going on, so nobody can really tell you which one you are getting except Bimmian. So, as already stated, contact them and see what they have or what you purchased. That should have been something you checked into before handing your money over. And if it is an older unit, I would suggest canceling your order and getting the latest version from Jeff. Although, his september list is done and is probably taking a new list for October or something. You would have to contact him. Maybe Bimmian has new units on the way or already in stock. Again, contact them to find out. There is no way we would know.

immigrant, pm me the numbers for the MD lottery please. I will split the winnings with you.

thanks
Jason

I was on the list after the initial september list, and I told Jeff about putting me on the waiting list in late august... so... he's probably already in Nov/Dec.

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #147
Darkoz

Quote:
B Nogo,

Bimmian isn't on here or in these threads showing their support and what they have going on, so nobody can really tell you which one you are getting except Bimmian...................
Good common sense advise for a not so common sense question
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #148
inta

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:

If anyone DOES figure out what Bimmian is shipping, I'd be curious to know. I was ABOUT to order from Bimmian until I came across Jeff's thread about the v5. I assumed that I would have gotten the v4 from Bimmian, not realizing that the v3 was a possibility as well! Either way, really thankful to have come across this thread!

On a side note, as far as Bimmian and the suggestion to return it, my one "return" experience with them so far has not been very good, and their customer service is so slow to respond to requests Good luck!

Finally, Jeff's v5 pre-orders DO go into November now -- I'm on that list.
inta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #149
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by inta View Post

If anyone DOES figure out what Bimmian is shipping, I'd be curious to know. I was ABOUT to order from Bimmian until I came across Jeff's thread about the v5. I assumed that I would have gotten the v4 from Bimmian, not realizing that the v3 was a possibility as well! Either way, really thankful to have come across this thread!

On a side note, as far as Bimmian and the suggestion to return it, my one "return" experience with them so far has not been very good, and their customer service is so slow to respond to requests Good luck!

Finally, Jeff's v5 pre-orders DO go into November now -- I'm on that list.
Good choice and one you won't regret.
There is nowhere in the US to buy except from Jeff.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #150
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant View Post
Sd cards come in classes 1, 2, 3 etc.. do some research as a fast class card might benefit you more than a large size one. The difference can be huge in loading time. I had a slow sd on my htc and the video recording kept missing frames with a fast one is great.
Relevant article:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10246593-1.html
Thanks, ordered me a cheap 32GB one. Will see how it goes. Appreciate the info.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #151
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
I was on the list after the initial september list, and I told Jeff about putting me on the waiting list in late august... so... he's probably already in Nov/Dec.
Early/mid november.....

Thanks for the support guys, im doing my best!

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #152
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Can both the NAV (wince side) and the SD card MP3 player (Sunplus side) access the SD card at the same time? So can music play from the SD card while the NAV is working?
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #153
peakey1

My Ride: BMW M3 SMG (E46)
Jeff, Can you confirm 100% for me if its a standard SD card or a Micro SD card ? I see references to both on this thread, the pic looks like a micro SD card but even the Dynavin website just says SD so i want to be sure before ordering one.
peakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #154
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Micro. I just went through this with jeff.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #155
J&T Distributing

^^^haha

yes....mico.... confirmed.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #156
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Just thought I'd share this with others who may have been doing the same.
Up until recently I've always played my music through the USB interface so tonight I thought I'd load all my music onto the SD card and use the entertainment part of the navigation and man what a difference in sound! it's like night and day, 100% better.
To compare the difference, I played a song through the USB at volume level 30 then listened to the same song through the SD card I had to turn it down to level 22, plus it produces more bass and is clearer.
So if you haven't used the SD card for music yet, do it, you'll be amazed at the difference.
For anyone who may know, why would music be so much better on the SD card?
Are you 110% sure about that? I tried it and my test result it was the opposite ie music from the USB has more bass and fuller sound. Word of caution to others...try it out first on the stock 2gb card before you splurge on high capacity microSd card.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #157
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaL View Post
Are you 110% sure about that? I tried it and my test result it was the opposite ie music from the USB has more bass and fuller sound. Word of caution to others...try it out first on the stock 2gb card before you splurge on high capacity microSd card.
Well.... "better" is subjective....

Im not saying this is what is going on here but it is common in the audio world for listeners to percieve "louder" as "better"....It is actually a common issue when comparing sound quality, it is very important to level match everything precisely or the results aren't valid.

I can definitely see how the different boards in the dynavin may process sound differently, perhaps having a different response curve, either intentionally or not. I can tell you that the Dynavin's CD, USB and ipod inputs on my V5 are near indistinguishable and all sound fantastic in my aftermarket system. The Aux in has a roll off on the high end and seems to have less treble. The windows player sounds similar to the rest of my sources, just maybe with a little less bottom end.

The moral of the story....your results may vary...

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-01-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #158
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
Jeff does Windows Media Player on the unit have EQ settings like the one on a desktop/laptop?

Has anyone successfully loaded WinAmp?
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #159
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
Jeff does Windows Media Player on the unit have EQ settings like the one on a desktop/laptop?

Has anyone successfully loaded WinAmp?
I dont think the built in one does but check out the other thread from petrut about the "desktop patch"....do that and you can load whatever you want!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #160
twodogsfaqn

My Ride: 325Ci
What up Jeff? Nice work with the V5 thread...been reading it and keeping up with the times. Cant wait to get the iPhone update for steering wheel to work..that makes a big diff guys, at least to me. Everything is going great, still haven't got the USB Hub for the 500GB hard Drive but hope to test it out soon, if that works like i plan, i think im set on entertainment for the Dynavin, Music, Movies, shows, etc..

Nice example pic of the V5 installed in the beginning of the thread, that car looks familiar!

As far as any of you still on the fence about who to buy and worried about Support afterwards, look no furthure. Darkoz is right, Jeff is the ONLY one to buy from in USA. Ive texted him in the middle of the night and he has helped. So let me tell all of you, wait for the units because its worth it in every aspect. No BS involved and his expertise and help is worth more than the actual unit, trust me!

Have a good weekend my friend and keep in touch.
twodogsfaqn is offline   Reply With Quote