E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #281
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Yes, ive played around with a few different maps, some are better than others depending on their coverage in your area.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #282
JS330

My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honro
Im with you jarryd, it seems you and i have the same setup.

We got the Non Nav monitor (16:9) and we didnt get the BM53 radio... Im hoping to god there is another way to wire it up because it doesnt seem like we have the same plugs as these guys

i havent opened up the boot (trunk) and looked at what radio is configured, i was just wondering if it possible for the setup in my car because im already saving up for this unit

is there a difference between the non nav and nav computer, apart from the gps and guidance system

do i even need the fakra cable considering there is only link to rear tv anetenna?
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #283
WanderLustMan

My Ride: 05 M3 Mystic Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
posted in the wrong thread before

question for Darkoz or someone else. If I run WolfNCU on the Dynavin, can the MP3 player software read the USB drives that are attached to the USB extensions on the Dynavin or am I limited to playing music from the microSD card that I use to run all the other software?
I can't get this to work. In the windows explorer within WinCE there is no drive that corresponds to the USB drive. I have only StorageCard and NandFLASH which I imagine is the internal memory.
WanderLustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #284
J&T Distributing

when you go to the ..."lowrider screen", then select entertainment, then music player, you should then see the sd card and a usb (if you have a usb connected) Are you using a flash drive or a hard drive?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #285
WanderLustMan

I'm using a flash drive connected to your flush mount USB extension. By lowrider screen you mean the screen that comes up when you first hit the hardware NAVI button. It has a button on the left for Navigation and then on the right a button for setup and entertainment. Is that it?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #286
J&T Distributing

do you have the usb cable plugged into the DVD USB or the GPS USB....

the GPS USB is for the windows board, the DVD USB is for the radio board.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #287
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Wander, did u plug the flush mount extension into the USB labeled "DVD" or the one labeled "Navi"?
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #288
WanderLustMan

ah crap, to be honest I don't remember. There were two USB plugs in the back so I just plugged it into one of them. The music shows up when I go through the radio board and click on USB which makes me think I have it plugged into the incorrect one. dammit.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #289
J&T Distributing

Good times! Well, its 1000 times easier to pull the head unit out the second time....Ive pulled mine out so many times that Ive got it down to seconds...
Old 10-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #290
Str8down

That's the 1 I have mine plugged into. Any benefit to using the wince media player over the DVD one?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #291
NY 05 330xi

My Ride: 330xi
Got my Dynavin installed and working great! Thanks Jeff! Got my Satellite radio hooked up to the aux in, two flush mount usb's it looks great! I'll post up some pic's tomorrow!

One quick question though, maybe Jeff, Darkoz or someone else can help.....

I'm trying to upgrade the Navi software to IGO 8.3 and have been following all the directions from previous posts. I have everything on my microsd and I'm trying to run the autorun.exe that's in the 2577 folder and nothing happens

I've been working on this all day (reading posts getting the software ready) and I can't get it to run! I even tried copying the IGO8.exe from the original software and when I do that it says "could not load the loading.bmp from the IGO/480x240/folder"

Please someone help me out because It's really frustrating thinking you've got everything you need to run out to the car and have nothing happen

Thanks in Advance
NY 05 330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #292
JS330

Jeff or anyone, do u know if the non nav television setup is the same as the nav ie needing the fakes cable or not?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #293
JS330

Fakra***
Old 10-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #294
J&T Distributing

I dont know and i dont think we even had the option in the US...I defer to the overseas fanatics.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #295
BMWnAZ

My Ride: 2002 325I
NY '05 I am considering getting one of these units as well but was waiting to see if there was Sattelite radio capabilities. How is this working out for You?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #296
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 05 330xi View Post
Got my Dynavin installed and working great! Thanks Jeff! Got my Satellite radio hooked up to the aux in, two flush mount usb's it looks great! I'll post up some pic's tomorrow!
Glad to see you got your Dynavin working well.

Quote:
I'm trying to upgrade the Navi software to IGO 8.3 and have been following all the directions from previous posts. I have everything on my microsd and I'm trying to run the autorun.exe that's in the 2577 folder and nothing happens
Now, that 2577 folder is only for installing and running nav on mobile PDAs/handheld devices so you don't need that folder at all, just delete it.
In the settings of the naviigation part of Dynavin you need to direct it to the iGO8.exe which should be in the main iGO8 folder on your SD card, note that depending on where you downloaded your iGO8.3 from if there is no iGO8.exe file in the main folder then you need to rename the application.dat file in the main folder to iGO8.exe
So your nav file path should be StorageCard/iGO8/iGO8.exe

Quote:
I've been working on this all day (reading posts getting the software ready) and I can't get it to run! I even tried copying the IGO8.exe from the original software and when I do that it says "could not load the loading.bmp from the IGO/480x240/folder"
It's no use using the .exe from your origianl iGO as it's an older version and will not work with iGo8.3

Last edited by Darkoz; 10-11-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #297
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
I have to ask this. Does the USB double as a charging device for those with phones that charge via usb?
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #298
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
I have to ask this. Does the USB double as a charging device for those with phones that charge via usb?
With my iphone the"gps usb" will charge the phone and the "dvd usb" will not.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #299
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Glad to see you got your Dynavin working well.

Now, that 2577 folder is only for installing and running nav on mobile PDAs/handheld devices so you don't need that folder at all, just delete it.
In the settings of the naviigation part of Dynavin you need to direct it to the iGO8.exe which should be in the main iGO8 folder on your SD card, note that depending on where you downloaded your iGO8.3 from if there is no iGO8.exe file in the main folder then you need to rename the application.dat file in the main folder to iGO8.exe
So your nav file path should be StorageCard/iGO8/iGO8.exe

It's no use using the .exe from your origianl iGO as it's an older version and will not work with iGo8.3
You nailed it.

Just wanna add a 2cent FYI regarding the loading.bmp. In igo the loading.bmp is in the branding.zip file. In primo it's in the data.zip.
Use winrar to open .zip or double click it.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #300
Str8down

In primo, you can actually change it without overwriting it. You create a new folder in the igoprimo folder called ui_igo9 then inside of that make a folder called 800_480 (if that is your resolution) and drop your custom loading.bmp in there, so \igoprimo\ui_igo9\800_480\loading.bmp. Primo will use that for your loading.bmp rather than the one in the data.zip