E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #301
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8down View Post
In primo, you can actually change it without overwriting it. You create a new folder in the igoprimo folder called ui_igo9 then inside of that make a folder called 800_480 (if that is your resolution) and drop your custom loading.bmp in there, so \igoprimo\ui_igo9\800_480\loading.bmp. Primo will use that for your loading.bmp rather than the one in the data.zip
There you have it folks. More ways to skin a cat. Choose what's best for you. For me the kiss approach it is.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #302
NY 05 330xi

My Ride: 330xi
Darkoz.........Thank you so much! That solved the problem. Unfortunately, I have another problem now......

As it loads, I get an error message saying out of memory! I think I remember ready on an earlier post another member had this problem too. I'll search back for it but if someone can help me out and let me know what the fix is for this????

I'm guessing I have to clear a cache?? or reboot something?? Some help Please??

Don't remember who asked but I'm running a Sirius Stilletto 2 off the Aux, mounted right next to the Dynavin in the car dock. Looks clean, Boots up within seconds, charges, plays while the navi is on and I can change stations quickly clicking the presets on the car dock!!!
NY 05 330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #303
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
Front USB port

I have read 65 pages of threads. Really good stuff, except the fighting (lol). I have paid for my unit which arrives in Nov.

Dumb question, is there a micro (or is it mini) usb flash drive? All I have found are the standard USB drives. Also, the front usb is navi/radio and the rear is Windows, correct?
bimmer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #304
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer2u View Post
I have read 65 pages of threads. Really good stuff, except the fighting (lol). I have paid for my unit which arrives in Nov.

Dumb question, is there a micro (or is it mini) usb flash drive? All I have found are the standard USB drives. Also, the front usb is navi/radio and the rear is Windows, correct?
First off.....I received payment from someone in dayton, OH today.....so if you bought from me and if your initials are AS your unit is on its way today...not november! If you bought from someone else....tough luck! I dont charge until I have something to ship.

Now to answer your question, there is a mini USB plug on the front and the dynavin comes with an adapter to use a standard USB. This plug is internally connected to the "radio" side USB on the back, then there is another USB that accesses the Windows side of things.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #305
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Hi Jeff,

I just paid for mine too.
I'm so excited!!

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #306
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #307
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
got mine installed today for the most part. it works, but I still need to finish running my patch cables for the amp and for the reverse camera and install that. no clue when all that is taking place, but it turns on and I hooked up my iphone and played a couple songs and listened to the radio, so now I need to figure out how to use the thing. lol
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #308
WanderLustMan

My Ride: 05 M3 Mystic Blue
what reverse camera do people suggest getting and where do you place it in the car?
WanderLustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #309
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
what reverse camera do people suggest getting and where do you place it in the car?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=794963
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #310
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
I just found out the sweetest feature that I did not expect. When Bluetooth streaming, using Slacker/Pandora, the up arrow on the steering wheel will actually advance to the next song in the application. Even my BT headphones won't do that.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #311
J&T Distributing

Quote:
I just found out the sweetest feature that I did not expect. When Bluetooth streaming, using Slacker/Pandora, the up arrow on the steering wheel will actually advance to the next song in the application. Even my BT headphones won't do that.
NICE! I use the play button on the face all the time for my iphone streaming, but I never tried any buttons in those apps.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #312
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Boy I'm really not up with all this latest tech, what is Pandora and Slacker?
If it's just for listening to music then the good old USB seems a lot simpler for me and I know you'll laugh but I've never used my iPhone for anything other than to make and receive calls

Last edited by Darkoz; 10-12-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #313
J&T Distributing

music streaming apps....internet radio but tailored to your likes...
Old 10-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #314
Str8down

It's like having every CD ever made at your fingertips
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #315
WRX2BIMA

My Ride: 04 M3, 02 330XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Boy I'm really not up with all this latest tech, what is Pandora and Slacker?
If it's just for listening to music then the good old USB seems a lot simpler for me and I know you'll laugh but I've never used my iPhone for anything other than to make and receive calls
Darkoz ... your wrong with the USB being easier. You NEED to know about these apps.

Pandora.com was designed to play music like the above poster said ( to your likes). All you do is go there, type in a artist, type of music or whatever and it will play a song by that artist, then music like it. It is AWESOME. I support paying Pandora for the full subscription, which allows for no pauses or commercials. Pandora has changed a lot in the last 4 years and it does cost them a lot for our free listening.

Slacker Radio i downloaded on my phone but have not used.. don't see the point when pandora is awesome lol.

My Cars:
-2005 Range Rover
-2004 M3 Modded Heavy
WRX2BIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #316
Str8down

WRX2BIMA,

Try Slacker, it's like 20x better than Pandora. You can cache stations locally on your phone, so if you have no signal, you still get music. So you can use it on the airplane etc. Plus, uses WAY less battery when streaming cached stations.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #317
WRX2BIMA

My Ride: 04 M3, 02 330XI
Quote:
WRX2BIMA,

Try Slacker, it's like 20x better than Pandora. You can cache stations locally on your phone, so if you have no signal, you still get music. So you can use it on the airplane etc. Plus, uses WAY less battery when streaming cached stations.
will do, thanks a lot for the advice

My Cars:
-2005 Range Rover
-2004 M3 Modded Heavy
WRX2BIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #318
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Does Slacker work/available in Canada?
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #319
Str8down

I don't know, I'm in the US. But since it is internet based (Blackberry, Android, iPhone), I don't see why it would matter where you are.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #320
Honro

My Ride: M3 E46
WONDERLUSTMAN

Im following you how-to guide and im getting very excited (especially when my FAKRA cable arrives)

But i have one more question for you. The way you (and I) will be installing our Dynavin, how do we "ground" (or what eva its called) the wires so we can see Video while driving? (if its even nessisary)?

Also, to check the unit works - just by reading your guide, i would assume i would be able to test it if I just plug in the Fakra cable to the car, and then directly to the unit (and battery) and just turn it on?

Thanks - and sorry everyone for all the questions!!!

Oh, and a personal thankyou to Jeff, mate your a star! If anyone wants to deal with a very professional individual, you could not look past this guy. Even given the timezone difference he has answered all my emails within just minutes! I wish i bought from you mate! Keep it up!!!

Pete.
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote