E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 168 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #921
harticus5

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
How come I can't have the navi display on at the same time with Bluetooth , yet if I have a route loaded and go to the Bluetooth selection I can still hear the gps give directions. ???? Also if I hit navi while in Bluetooth mode it automatically goes to radio playing (while displaying navi)

Also any way to get to a 12hr clock??
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate
harticus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #922
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Answer to both: Thats just the way it is, and no 12 hr.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #923
harticus5

Bleh no 12hr clock. Crazy. I have never heard of such a thing until this unit and also 2months ago I got a iPod home docking station which is also 24hr. and no way to change the time on the dash now that the dynavin is in?
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate

Last edited by harticus5; 12-14-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #924
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez

I wish It would have worked out.

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #925
DANe46

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Dan....I may have told you this in an email so forgive me if im repeating myself.... have you restored your ipod?
Hey Jeff.. I received the new cable today! DAMN that was fast you are the best

This cable seems to be much more reliable than my original and works for sound only about 95% of the time. I still cannot progress past the artist/album/song screen; the Dynavin immediately goes to TIME OUT[351] it must be my ipod; the screen on the ipod still says accessory connected.

On the up side I have found a surefire way to open the music channel and bypass the accessory screen Firmly pushing and holding the home button this will bypass this screen and allow for playback using only the ipod controls.

I will try restoring again with the new cable and hopefully I can borrow a friends ipod soon to test with. Worst case I will have to upgrade/downgrade my ipod I will keep you posted
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #926
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by harticus5 View Post
How come I can't have the navi display on at the same time with Bluetooth , yet if I have a route loaded and go to the Bluetooth selection I can still hear the gps give directions. ???? Also if I hit navi while in Bluetooth mode it automatically goes to radio playing (while displaying navi)
This has been my biggest gripe since I got it. Most all music I listen to is BT streaming, and not being able to have navi screen up annoys me to death. Not to mention, it is such an easy fix for Dynavin to implement. They have already done it for BT phone use.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #927
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I wouldnt say it is easy.....if it were it would have been done....I promise you I have discussed this with them and they have tried, and failed. Thats not to say they cant figure it out....but it isnt easy....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #928
toddkageals

My Ride: 2008 335i sport/prem
Problems with my Dynavin?

Having a problem with my brand new V5. I noticed right after I installed it that the radio frequency would seem to "drift". It would have great reception and then even if the car sat still, the reception would get weak. Now it will say it's on 99.1 for example and be weakly receiving some other station with a lot of interference. If you then tune to something else and back to 99.1 it will be clear as a bell. It has also started randomly tuning to stations. You'll be listening to a radio station and without touching the Dynavin, the counter will start tuning to another station (not on scan or anything like that....just randomly). Also, when you enter a station into memory, you sometimes get the name of the song instead of the station displayed. My display will also highlight a preset station (in white) like it's on that station even if it is actually tuned to something else. Any ideas other than sending it back????
toddkageals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #929
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Make sure AF and TA is off.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #930
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
Are you still scheduled to receive the units today jeff?
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #931
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Yay, broke the 4 dozen mark today with Pre-formatted SD Cards shipped. If you're interested in upgrading your V5 to iGo Primo and iGo 8.3, just send me a PM. Have cards ready to ship out

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #932
toddkageals

My Ride: 2008 335i sport/prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybot View Post
Make sure AF and TA is off.
They are off! This just happens sporadically. What do those initials stand for anyway?
toddkageals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #933
harticus5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
I wouldnt say it is easy.....if it were it would have been done....I promise you I have discussed this with them and they have tried, and failed. Thats not to say they cant figure it out....but it isnt easy....
Well what about adding a 12hr clock option? Programming cant that complex for that
Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #934
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Not sure if this has already been addressed yet, but is there a way to customize the default BMW boot screen you see when you first turn on the unit? Don't get me wrong... it's nice... but the ability to customize it would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated.

Other then that, my only gripe is the ipod going back to main menu when you receive a call or turn off the car. Are they working on this? I just stopped burning data dvds because i realized how cool the ipod is in car... but i found out how lame it is to have the music cut every time too! I don't have steering wheel controls hooked up because my installer never installed them, so i'm stuck using the os keys. HELP ME!
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #935
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
Your installer really should have put your steering wheel controls in. It's just one more plug to put in. You could honestly add it in yourself with about an hour of effort from start to finish.
Evap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #936
Tho///a5

wanna walk me through it? I was helping my installer, but it was just one more thing to do. we had to rewire my entire amp and speakers. just be glad you didn't have dsp. Same thing with the radio antenna. We never installed that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #937
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
Are you still scheduled to receive the units today jeff?
No...E46 production is a few days behind, as of yesterday dynavin told me they would ship this weekend or early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
They are off! This just happens sporadically. What do those initials stand for anyway?
So they are off and you are still getting erratic RDS behavior? Are you running the latest firmware? If Im not mistaken there were a couple minor RDS bug fixes in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harticus5 View Post
Well what about adding a 12hr clock option? Programming cant that complex for that
I agree, ill ask them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho///a5 View Post
Not sure if this has already been addressed yet, but is there a way to customize the default BMW boot screen you see when you first turn on the unit? Don't get me wrong... it's nice... but the ability to customize it would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated.

Other then that, my only gripe is the ipod going back to main menu when you receive a call or turn off the car. Are they working on this? I just stopped burning data dvds because i realized how cool the ipod is in car... but i found out how lame it is to have the music cut every time too! I don't have steering wheel controls hooked up because my installer never installed them, so i'm stuck using the os keys. HELP ME!
Nobody has hacked the radio side yet but if its possible someone will eventually. I use the remote to run the ipod, by far the easiest way to select music although I use the steering wheel controls to just switch songs or albums. "Ipod resume" is what we have all been hoping for and dynavin says they are working on it but nothing yet...

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-15-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #938
Tho///a5

As always Jeff thank you. I sent you an email earlier today with an igo issue, thought maybe you'd be able to help me out. If you can please email me when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #939
tasi333

My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
Is the dynavin suppose to provide power to the iPod? I don't use it much but I have it plugged in and sitting in my glove box, today I went to use it and it was dead.

So I guess it doesn't charge or power the device, but just want to confirm.

2002 330 Cic Topaz Blue
VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 225/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 245/30 | Spacers: 15mm front; 12mm rear | Megan Racing Coil Overs | Short shifter | eBay Strut Bar | Angel Eyes | LED Tails | Dynavin (Droid) | Vanos | DISA

*My Car Thread (Pics & Mod details):
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=873246
tasi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #940
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasi333 View Post
Is the dynavin suppose to provide power to the iPod? I don't use it much but I have it plugged in and sitting in my glove box, today I went to use it and it was dead.

So I guess it doesn't charge or power the device, but just want to confirm.
It charges only when you are using the ipod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho///a5 View Post
As always Jeff thank you. I sent you an email earlier today with an igo issue, thought maybe you'd be able to help me out. If you can please email me when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Yes, I saw it, ive been on the road all morning seeing customers (for my "real" job, haha)....ill be getting back to you when I have a chance later today.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-15-2010 at 01:46 PM.