E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #941
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
i drove to the gym yesterday using the ipod. got out and took it with me. ipod was at full power... it was only a 10 minute drive to the gym so... im not sure...
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #942
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Yes, I saw it, ive been on the road all morning seeing customers (for my "real" job, haha)....ill be getting back to you when I have a chance later today.
thanks jeff!!! its for the newest igo primo..
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #943
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
Having a problem with my brand new V5. I noticed right after I installed it that the radio frequency would seem to "drift". It would have great reception and then even if the car sat still, the reception would get weak. Now it will say it's on 99.1 for example and be weakly receiving some other station with a lot of interference. If you then tune to something else and back to 99.1 it will be clear as a bell. It has also started randomly tuning to stations. You'll be listening to a radio station and without touching the Dynavin, the counter will start tuning to another station (not on scan or anything like that....just randomly). Also, when you enter a station into memory, you sometimes get the name of the song instead of the station displayed. My display will also highlight a preset station (in white) like it's on that station even if it is actually tuned to something else. Any ideas other than sending it back????
There is nothing wrong with your Dynavin, make sure that AF and TA options in the radio settings are turned off otherwise it will automatically keep looking for radio stations every time you turn the unit on.

Nevermind, I see you say it's already turned off.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-15-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #944
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Im pretty confused with the radio function lately. Probably because Im not in my home town and not using the presets. I have trouble getting the unit to scan for stations. I think its set now, but I dont know. First it seemed like AF and TA needed to be OFF. Tonight it would find only one station with TA and AF OFF, but scanned and found a ton of stations with AF-On and TA-Off. I think as Darkoz mentioned before, TA is useless in the USA. But the AF "Alternate Frequency" seems to do something, Im just not sure what.
When it works it works well. I just wish the functions were better explained. The owners manual is dog doo.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #945
harticus5

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
So what is everyone doing for listening to satelite radio? Right now I Bluetooth from my phone to the dynavin. But sometimes I can't log on to music dock or the siriusxm app. And I don't like the fact that I can't play Bluetooth while the navi is displayed. So I'm thinking of hooking up satalite radio to the dynavin aux connection and powering it from behind the dash Anyone else have any set up like this?
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate
harticus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #946
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
The button and knob lights will dim but not the screen
Although you can adjust the brightness of the screen with the supplied remote control
So how do I dim the button and knob lights on the Dynavin?
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #947
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
you guys are talking apples and oranges. The V5s dont dim as much as the V4s did.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #948
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
you guys are talking apples and oranges. The V5s dont dim as much as the V4s did.
So does the V5 dim at all when adjusting the factory dimming switch or are you saying it does but not to the extent of the earlier Dynavin units?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #949
J&T Distributing

the earlier dynavins dimmed roughly the same as the dash lights, the newer dynavins do not dim as much so if you run you dimmer low the dynavin will be brighter than the rest of the lights, Ive brought it up with dynavin, they are looking at it.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #950
officer140

My Ride: 01 330xi, 99 TLR
I got my Dynavin yesterday and installed it today. I have a few issues:

1) the touch screen doesn't respond well at all to what I'm pointing at.
2) when switching to navi mode, the front speakers go out - it varies from 1 second up to 4 seconds. It also happens anytime I touch anywhere on the screen in navi mode.
3) can't use most of the navi functions but that could be related to issue #1
4) most of the time when playing a CD, I can't control the volume or change the tracks with the steering wheel. I've only been successful once.
5) not a big deal but the radio volume is way louder than the CD volume even though they're set at the same number.

I took a video with my iPhone to show some of what I have listed but it was too cold out. I'll try again in the garage tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions but the touch screen, volume and navi issues have me really irate ! I'll be listing this in a few Dynavin threads to get the help I need - please don't flame me for that.
officer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #951
ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer140 View Post

2) when switching to navi mode, the front speakers go out - it varies from 1 second up to 4 seconds. It also happens anytime I touch anywhere on the screen in navi mode.
4) most of the time when playing a CD, I can't control the volume or change the tracks with the steering wheel. I've only been successful once.
5) not a big deal but the radio volume is way louder than the CD volume even though they're set at the same number.

I took a video with my iPhone to show some of what I have listed but it was too cold out. I'll try again in the garage tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions but the touch screen, volume and navi issues have me really irate ! I'll be listing this in a few Dynavin threads to get the help I need - please don't flame me for that.
I just ran into problem #4 when I was playing a DVD. It's a nice surprise when I switch back to radio *earsbleed*. I wonder if that'll ever get corrected.

The only thing I can help you with is the front speakers going out. Goto Navi, then exit out of the navigation program. You will see the 'Navigation' option along with 'Setup' and 'Entertainment'. Goto 'Setup' > 'Volume' and turn 'Key-Stroke Volume' to off.

FYI 'Brake' must be selected in the main menu setup in order for you to play DVD movies without being flagged by the "CAUTION" screen. I also turned off the annoying 'beep!' in the main setup.

Last edited by ketchup; 12-16-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #952
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:

have you read any of the dynavin threads?

1. have you calibrated the screen?

2. yes this happens. standard feature and not sure you can do anything about it. it happens when you are in nav mode with voice commands or voice directions from the nav software. you might be able to turn this off and I think there was just discussion about it in the last page or two of this thread. And ketchup posted above about it.

3. have you setup the link to the nav program? have you gone through any of the settings? if not, maybe you should get familiar with it all first before getting irate. I have been victim of it and many others, most issues are not issues and are user errors. it is frustrating, but you need to read, learn and play around with it all and see how it operates.

4. not sure, I don't play cd's. iphone/ipod FTW. I don't bother with steering controls. But you may have a lose connection, I know I do with my steering wheel control module, but again, I never cared to use it anyway, so I will fix it when I make time.

5. this has been discussed many times earlier in this thread. some sources are louder than others, but there are volume settings that can help reduce the difference a little bit.

depending on when you got it, there is a firmware update for the DVD/Radio side of the unit. if you do it, make sure you use the correct USB for the update.

Last edited by TRBOVNM; 12-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #953
J&T Distributing

1. calibrate the screen and reinstall/update the firmware. See the FAQ

2. Its a setting. See the FAQ

3. Im not sure what you are referring to here....need more specifics

4. Same as 1, reinstall/update the firmware

5. This has been discussed at length on multiple forums.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #954
officer140

Thanks guys, as I said earlier, I just got it Tuesday 12/16/2010. It's the V5 and I'm sure some of it is just a learning process but how can I calibrate the screen if I'm touching the right side of the screen and it's being read all the way on the left side (real life example). I've read through 80% of the Dynavin threads, many hours worth of reading. I'm not the type to throw my money into something if it's not worth it in my mind. This definitely seems worth it and I'm just overwhelmed with the abundance of issues out of the box. I'm sure after a few days of learning more about it, some of these issues will vanish.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #955
officer140

Someone please help out with a way to calibrate the Dynavin. No matter where I touch the screen, it will always respond to the same two icons. I'm trying to use the remote but it won't do anything other than change functions.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #956
officer140

Now I have no sound whatsoever in any mode & it's not muted. I can still here the beeps when I change functions. I didn't do anything (because I can't access anything other than what's on the remote or the buttons. =-(
Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #957
ketchup

let's back it up a bit here, did you remove the factory screen protector film?

now that you have no audio playing whatsoever, only the beep from the unit itself, did you check the volume settings?

Quote:
Thanks guys, as I said earlier, I just got it Tuesday 12/16/2010. It's the V5 and I'm sure some of it is just a learning process
yea, I was pretty annoyed with it 'out of the box'. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Last edited by ketchup; 12-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #958
tasi333

My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
It charges only when you are using the ipod.
Thanks for the reply, just tried it and you are correct. I guess there's no way to keep a charge unless I use the iPod interface regularly.

2002 330 Cic Topaz Blue
VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 225/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 245/30 | Spacers: 15mm front; 12mm rear | Megan Racing Coil Overs | Short shifter | eBay Strut Bar | Angel Eyes | LED Tails | Dynavin (Droid) | Vanos | DISA

*My Car Thread (Pics & Mod details):
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=873246
tasi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #959
ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasi333 View Post
Thanks for the reply, just tried it and you are correct. I guess there's no way to keep a charge unless I use the iPod interface regularly.
When I had an ice>link plus, I never had an instance where my iPods battery level was empty. It was fully charged and kept that way whenever the car was on.

Now with that said, being required to be in iPod mode to charge the iPod is pretty stupid. Now every time I goto start the car, the iPods battery is dead and the dynavin doesn't pick up a connection because the iPod just turned on from the empty battery so I have to wait for the iPod to startup then switch back into iPod mode on the dynavin for it to connect.

Last edited by ketchup; 12-16-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #960
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
let's back it up a bit here, did you remove the factory screen protector film?

now that you have no audio playing whatsoever, only the beep from the unit itself, did you check the volume settings?

yea, I was pretty annoyed with it 'out of the box'. Hopefully it'll grow on me.
ah, good call. I could be wrong here, but did it come with a film that you are supposed to remove before use? I know it also comes with a screen protector or anti glare film, but maybe it even had just a protectant film that you are supposed to remove like cell phones and other devices with screens/displays.

officer, try using the stylus

for the calibration, you push the NAVI button, then there is a settings button on-screen. then in there is the navigation button to set the link on the sd card for the nav program. There is also a calibration icon that shows a + or crosshairs if you want to call it that. then you use the stylus to calibrate it. There is another icon for level and plumb as well.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote