E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #81
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8down View Post
NTFS I assume you mean NTSC
Haha yeah that's the one
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #82
spngr311

My Ride: 2001 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaL View Post
As mentioned above, igo primo has an automatic day/night mode.
if one is still bothered by the night mode, just turn the bloody unit off. problem solved
What about if you want to listen to music or having the directions still spoken with the screen off? With V3, this is possible. With my crappy Jensen unit I had in my S14, this was possible. Just something that would be nice to have back as a feature for V6.

*Edit: Although, I guess you could just make a jpeg that was all black and load that as a picture and load it through the WinCE portion of Dynavin.

Last edited by spngr311; 09-27-2010 at 07:33 PM.
spngr311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #83
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spngr311 View Post

*Edit: Although, I guess you could just make a jpeg that was all black and load that as a picture and load it through the WinCE portion of Dynavin.
thats a good idea.

although, with my avic d3 I never felt the need to turn the screen off. Can anyone explain why they would want that? Just to have it black at night and nothing on it? I guess I never had an issue with the d3 being too bright at night.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #84
spngr311

My eyes seem to feel the glare more at night, especially if my contacts are dry.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #85
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Great review! Thank you.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #86
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8down View Post
NTFS I assume you mean NTSC
he swore he knew sumthing lol
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #87
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by spngr311 View Post
What about if you want to listen to music or having the directions still spoken with the screen off? With V3, this is possible. With my crappy Jensen unit I had in my S14, this was possible. Just something that would be nice to have back as a feature for V6.

There are several night modes to choose from. Not one is bothersome imo. But if you want pitch black the jpeg thingy is your ticket. Tell me do you adjust the cluster glow to dark mode too haha. Are you batman?
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #88
spngr311

You caught me.

Just trying to be helpful and offer constructive advice (and suggestions for future revisions), not to just turn the bloody unit off.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #89
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Hey guys, Dynavin sent me a revised firmware that incorporated my suggestions for integrating the steering wheel buttons into the ipod interface. As of today Ive got a working version of ipod control on my steering wheel, Ive tested it out and made a couple suggestions to further refine the interface but IT WORKS. Up and down to move the highligted selection and the R/T and the talk buttons to use as "back" and "select".....SWEET.... When the firmware is complete and ready for primetime we will be able to email the updated firmware to you, its easy to install via the USB port on the front (or the "DVDUSB" on the back).

This really helps to address one of my few gripes about the V5 and greatly increases the ipod usability.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #90
immigrant

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Hey guys, Dynavin sent me a revised firmware that incorporated my suggestions for integrating the steering wheel buttons into the ipod interface. As of today Ive got a working version of ipod control on my steering wheel, Ive tested it out and made a couple suggestions to further refine the interface but IT WORKS. Up and down to move the highligted selection and the R/T and the talk buttons to use as "back" and "select".....SWEET.... When the firmware is complete and ready for primetime we will be able to email the updated firmware to you, its easy to install via the USB port on the front (or the "DVDUSB" on the back).

This really helps to address one of my few gripes about the V5 and greatly increases the ipod usability.
Why cant they make it work with voice command on the phone also with out touching the phone?

Now that they add this functionality for the ipod does it mean that those buttons will not be used for the phone in further updates?
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #91
J&T Distributing

no, it doesnt affect the phone at all, when a call comes in (or goes out) the dynavin automatically switches to bluetooth phone mode and then the buttons have their normal phone functions.

voice dialing is a totally different thing..... requiring two way communication via bluetooth and a whole mess of other functionalities....Im not saying it wont or cant happen, it just doesnt have anything to do with the ipod interface....and that is todays good news...

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 09-28-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #92
spngr311

Jeff, that is pretty cool. Glad to see continued improvement - especially midstream!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #93
Darkoz

Quote:

That all sounds good but it would be better if Dynavin do a firmware update to fix the phonebook issue for all versions, so we don't have to use the phone to dial a number (which of course is illegal now in many countries)
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #94
immigrant

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to immigrant
Quote:
voice dialing is a totally different thing..... requiring two way communication via bluetooth and a whole mess of other functionalities....Im not saying it wont or cant happen, it just doesnt have anything to do with the ipod interface....and that is todays good news...

I dont think voice dialing through bluetooth using on phone voice command software is that hard to accomplish. All bluetooth headsets have the capability to activate the voice command software on the phone by holding a button. Anyway, as long as the ipod control does not interfere with the phone controls it is a great feture to have.
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #95
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
love that they listen to the users and make changes. hopefully they make the changes for the phonebook like some are asking. personally, I don't see a problem with my iphone to hold the home button to activate voice dialing. you don't have to use the phone to dial a number. it is the same as if you used the steering wheel button. and with the bluetooth working, I would assume by doing voice dialing from the phone, everything else still works the same with the dynavin mic and hearing the other person on your car speakers.

only difference is you use the phone to voice dail instead of the steering wheel button.

I do understand having it as a feature with the dynavin should not be hard to do and a nice feature to have, just saying it isn't the end of the world either.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #96
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
love that they listen to the users and make changes. hopefully they make the changes for the phonebook like some are asking. personally, I don't see a problem with my iphone to hold the home button to activate voice dialing. you don't have to use the phone to dial a number. it is the same as if you used the steering wheel button. and with the bluetooth working, I would assume by doing voice dialing from the phone, everything else still works the same with the dynavin mic and hearing the other person on your car speakers.

only difference is you use the phone to voice dail instead of the steering wheel button.

I do understand having it as a feature with the dynavin should not be hard to do and a nice feature to have, just saying it isn't the end of the world either.
True but not everyone has a phone which supports voice dialling therefore the next best option would be to have the phone book display on the Dynavin rather than picking up your phone to make a call and of course taking a chance on getting nabbed by the police (a $280 fine here in Aus)
The phonebook display is an advertised feature of the Dynavin and therefore should be working.

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-28-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #97
J&T Distributing

ill talk to dynavin about the various phone features...ill see if I can get something done...I was pretty excited about the ipod stuff....you guys really know how to rain on a guys parade...

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #98
NY 05 330xi

My Ride: 330xi
Jeff,

Have you gotten your mywi for your iphone to work with v5 yet? I have an android verizon droid rooted with wired tether which is the same thing and hope it will work too!!
NY 05 330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #99
Darkoz

Quote:
ill talk to dynavin about the various phone features...ill see if I can get something done...I was pretty excited about the ipod stuff....you guys really know how to rain on a guys parade...
Sorry Jeff, didn't wanna ruin the excitement for you, it is a great feature for your iphone.
the phone book would be just as great though

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-28-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #100
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
That's great Jeff. Dont listen to these abusive opportunistic fools.
By the way, are we gonna see a firmware patch for the Radio Loudness issue ?
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote