E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 AM   #1161
thejames

My Ride: e46 330ci Coupe Auto
For anyone who's not yet tried it... MP3's on a DVD work really, really well. I got 44 albums on one DVD. It even auto-resumes after switching the engine off/on.

I don't think it sounds quite as clear as playing them from the SD Card (surprisingly good), but if you're running your Sat Nav at the same time, it makes it infinitely easier to switch between the two.

Gotta say, now I'm really getting my head around this unit I'm loving it more and more
thejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #1162
boyfromnowhere

My Ride: beemer
Good shout, I put over 1000 songs on a DVD a few weeks back and whilst I feel the quality is slightly poorer, the load up time is 5 seconds, which did it for me over the USB stick.
boyfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #1163
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
There is no way the quality is worse unless you are reducing the bitrate to fit more on the DVD. If the bitrate is the same, the quality is the same period. This is digital media, not analog, quality doesn't vary from source to source.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #1164
miaM7

My Ride: 04 325i Sp
hi, does the Dynavin harness provide a pin for phone mute ? just like the OEM HU (pin 4, 17pin connector)? i am investigating to see if I can keep my parrot/connects setup to work along the Dynavin. (basically i want to keep my handsfree Voice activated dialing function that i already have)
miaM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #1165
immigrant

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to immigrant
Is there any way we can watch tv through the unit V5 in USA? If somebody has any links to what i need to buy please post them.

FS OEM BLAUPUNKT CD PLAYER (no mode)
FS OEM 330 AIRBOX + NEW AIR FILTER
FS 35W CANBUS BALLASTS (UMNITZA)
FS COMPLETE OEM LIGHTS: FRONT,CORNERS, REAR
FS PEAKE TOOL
FS 2001 LCM
P.M. me for anything you are interested.
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #1166
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant View Post
Is there any way we can watch tv through the unit V5 in USA? If somebody has any links to what i need to buy please post them.
From the first page of this thread.....
Quote:
DVB-TV
Dynavin has now moved the TV tuner out of the unit and it will be available as a separate add on option, they did this to simplify production and better serve multiple markets (and probably to keep the price down as well)....different countries use different broadcast standards and in the past Dynavin had to make multiple models for different countries, now all the Dynavin E46 models will be the same and the customer will be able to add whatever tuner is appropriate for their country. I was not able to try one of these as the tuners have not been released yet but from what I understand they will be "hide away" and be controlled by the touch screen. The V5 has a large multi pin "Din" style plug in place to accept these upcoming tuners. Ill update this post when I know more.
And from the first page of the FAQ thread.......
Quote:
7: Can I watch TV on the Dynavin?
There is a television tuner available but it is a separate accessory. At this point there is only a tuner available for DVB-T markets (Europe and Australia primarily) A US ATSC tuner is expected around the end of 2010.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #1167
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I have seen no sign of the US tuner yet so the only way to do TV on a US dynavin is to get your hands on a stand alone tuner and plug it into the AUX IN.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #1168
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
I'm in the middle of hooking up my dynavin and I put the a cd on and I'm pretty sure that no bass is coming from my bsw sub. Any ideas? I wired the LOC's with the dynavin harness. And the radio mode is just static but I'm in a garage so I'm hoping its just bad signal.
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #1169
newspec

My Ride: Mspec 325i 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
I have seen no sign of the US tuner yet so the only way to do TV on a US dynavin is to get your hands on a stand alone tuner and plug it into the AUX IN.
Or get a V4 one
newspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #1170
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
Always wondered this, why are there no EQ features to contour the sound.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #1171
Blackadde

My Ride: FD3S & E46 325i
Jeff, got my V5 in the mail today, just waiting on the HVAC from Tischer now.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #1172
nangelis

My Ride: e46
Jeff - Got my V5 - very, very happy with it - thx for the great response and the outstanding installation guide.

I have looked earlier that there were posts back in June talking about the phone book and not showing contacts. I've looked and there does not seem to be any updates - any word if there may be somthing in the works that would address that for the iphone

Last edited by nangelis; 01-06-2011 at 05:47 AM. Reason: typo
nangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #1173
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
I'm in the middle of hooking up my dynavin and I put the a cd on and I'm pretty sure that no bass is coming from my bsw sub. Any ideas? I wired the LOC's with the dynavin harness. And the radio mode is just static but I'm in a garage so I'm hoping its just bad signal.
The settings on the radio are a bit odd. To use the radio make sure to cycle thru the PTY settings until its off, TA off, and AF can be on or off.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #1174
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Just wanted to throw up another reminder for guys who are new to the Dynavin threads. The units come with iGo8 which, will functional, is a little slow and lacking. Most have opted to upgrade to iGo8.3 and/or iGo Primo. I have both of these on preformatted SD cards so, if you are interested in moving up to the newer software, just shoot me a PM. Have sent out about 3 dozen or so of these thus far. Great to help out fanatics

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #1175
Darkoz

^^ So can you let us all know how much you're charging to help out fanatics?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #1176
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
Quote:

after using it for a little bit i just realized that not only is the sub not pushing thru hard neither are the rear speakers. it can be extremly loud up front and almost nothing coming from the back. the bsw sub has LOC's that were tapped into the factory amp wiring. could it be a problem that i have LOC's for the subs and then used the LOC's for the dynavin?
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #1177
Darkoz

Quote:
after using it for a little bit i just realized that not only is the sub not pushing thru hard neither are the rear speakers. it can be extremly loud up front and almost nothing coming from the back. the bsw sub has LOC's that were tapped into the factory amp wiring. could it be a problem that i have LOC's for the subs and then used the LOC's for the dynavin?
Chances are you don't need the suppiled LOC with the Dynavin, especially since you already have a LOC connected to your amp.
I'd remove the LOC on the Dynavin harness which will most likely solve your sound problem
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 AM   #1178
Dan Rodriguez

My Ride: 02 SMG M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
^^ So can you let us all know how much you're charging to help out fanatics?
He wants $30 bucks a pop and claims the cards cost him $20 each. The extra $10 is supposed to be for shipping plus his "time". No I did not give him any money.

This guy should have a separate thread too don't you think Darkoz?
Dan Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #1179
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
2000_328ci provides a great service. If you dont want what he has, its very simple, dont buy it. 4GB chips arent free. I paid $36 for one recently. If he gets them for $20 great. Its worth $10 for me to get a product that works out of the box, and I dont have waste my time to hunt around the internet for a working copy. There are plenty of posts on here with people having trouble with the posted links. His has a perfect setup with all the right SYS.TXT settings.
Same with Petrut when people bash him for selling his product. Its just rude. Speak with your wallets.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #1180
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Take out the rear loc, the one with the green and purple wires.

Dan, dont bash 2000_328ci, i know him and he is doing this to help us out, not make money, it took me DAYS to get primo optimized and working on my system....Ive also answered dozens of emails from customers who cant get it working....There is a lot of value in what he is doing.

I also know that it takes me about 20-30 minutes to make and test a dynavin card so him charging for his time is totally fair.

Time is money.....

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-06-2011 at 08:20 AM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote