E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #1181
loginfailed

My Ride: My buddies 350hp
Lol @ the griping regarding the SD cards being sold. I don't have a Dynavin, but I'm tempted to order an SD card from him just to support his efforts.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #1182
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Def seems dumb to bash the guy for trying to help out, even if he is making a couple of dollars. Not to mention he is breaking the law to help you guys out.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #1183
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Hey just a heads up.....

I have FINALLY got to the end of my reservation lists and can make my dynavin website public!

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsolutions/products

Nothing fancy but it will make ordering easier and simplify dynavin purchases. Ill also be adding dynavin related content and links as time goes on.

Thanks everybody for your support and have a great new year!
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #1184
Dan Rodriguez

My Ride: 02 SMG M3 Vert
I'm not trying to bash the guy. Just giving people a heads up as the posts have been rather vague/misleading. The price is fair. However, everybody else I have seen offering navi software or maps to forum members allow them to download the file from a free file sharing site. This allows people to A) get the software/maps immediately instead of waiting for the mail and B) not waste money on another SD card. We all already have SD cards right?
Dan Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #1185
J&T Distributing

Dan, Now that there are working links its a lot easier to do what you are suggesting.....up until a couple weeks ago it was pretty frustrating trying to download and get a working copy of any "upgraded" nav program. Most of us early adopters spent A TON of time figuring it out....now that its sorted its a lot easier to just do a download than it used to be.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #1186
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
jeff i took out the LOC with Green and purple fixed everything. thanks
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #1187
SC328i

My Ride: 03 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybot View Post
2000_328ci provides a great service. If you dont want what he has, its very simple, dont buy it. 4GB chips arent free. I paid $36 for one recently. If he gets them for $20 great. Its worth $10 for me to get a product that works out of the box, and I dont have waste my time to hunt around the internet for a working copy. There are plenty of posts on here with people having trouble with the posted links. His has a perfect setup with all the right SYS.TXT settings.
Same with Petrut when people bash him for selling his product. Its just rude. Speak with your wallets.
I agree. Some people don't understand that some of us just don't understand how to modify or debug this stuff. It actually helps other members now that some us don't have to come here and ask five questions a day.
SC328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #1188
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Just got mine in and installed it yesterday. I didn't have H/K but I do have a full BSW system with the upgraded 110 sub. I didn't use the LOCS (if I did I don't know how I could shove them in the dash with everything else) It sounds much better than the business CD! A lot crisper and cleaner and with that sub....Oh my!
Im currently downloading some Darkoz specials to try out Primo. Actually I already hade them on a thumbdrive but its taking me 22 hours to compress the maps and put them in the map folder on my new 8gb. Seriously!

I love the look of this thing!
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #1189
juslookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1024m3 View Post
Just got mine in and installed it yesterday. I didn't have H/K but I do have a full BSW system with the upgraded 110 sub. I didn't use the LOCS (if I did I don't know how I could shove them in the dash with everything else) It sounds much better than the business CD! A lot crisper and cleaner and with that sub....Oh my!
Im currently downloading some Darkoz specials to try out Primo. Actually I already hade them on a thumbdrive but its taking me 22 hours to compress the maps and put them in the map folder on my new 8gb. Seriously!

I love the look of this thing!
That was the hardest part for me. Getting dynavin in with the LOC's. I think the best way to install it is to take the dynavin harness connect it to the bmw harness and then start shoving everything up to the left near the gauge cluster leaving just the connector that goes into the dynavin exposed. Then plug in the radio and nav connections. Then start bringing the dynavin towards the dash and plug it in and while your putting it in keep an eye on the LOC's and harness and if they start to move just shove them back up. Made my install a lot easier.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #1190
J&T Distributing

^^^^^thats the move
Old 01-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #1191
juslookin

i was trying to test out putting a song on a flash drive and playing in the car but when it goes to the usb screen it says REP ALL at top of screen and i cant pull up any menus or anything and the song wont play.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1192
J&T Distributing

sounds like it doesnt like the format....there are guys here who know a lot more about that than me but I know I had to change my library from ACC to MP3 when I first got my dynavin...
Old 01-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #1193
piers

My Ride: 2004 M3
Can anyone help with a couple of questions on the ipod interface...
1) the as shipped interface only shows a folder for music, how do I get the books (audio books) and podcasts folders to display on the dynavin?
2) how do you set the dynavin to shuffle? I can select it in the interface but can't actualy set it. when i leave the settings display, dynavin plays the tracks in folder sequence
thanksfor any help you can provide.
piers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #1194
metaljames88

My Ride: 2002 325i
Discount on Tischer Relocation Kit?

I just recently bought a Dynavin from Jeff (Which I'm stoked about) and I'm onto ordering the AC relocation kit. I know I need the single switch configuration (So I'm good there) but I've seen people saying they've picked it up for $50 bucks. The cheapest I can find it is about $75 from Tischer. Does anyone else have a cheaper place?

Thanks,
James
metaljames88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #1195
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piers View Post
Can anyone help with a couple of questions on the ipod interface...
1) the as shipped interface only shows a folder for music, how do I get the books (audio books) and podcasts folders to display on the dynavin?
2) how do you set the dynavin to shuffle? I can select it in the interface but can't actualy set it. when i leave the settings display, dynavin plays the tracks in folder sequence
thanksfor any help you can provide.
My suggestion would be to get the audio/video cable and use the on-screen controls on the ipod. Jeff documented that the dynavin interface for the ipod is less than stellar. I am not that nice about it. haha. I like using shuffle as well and pretty much all I use, so the dynavin interface is horrible. I removed the ipod cable and use the audio/video cable and am good with just using the iphone to control it all. that and it charges it all the time it is plugged in and the car is on, not just in ipod mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljames88 View Post
I just recently bought a Dynavin from Jeff (Which I'm stoked about) and I'm onto ordering the AC relocation kit. I know I need the single switch configuration (So I'm good there) but I've seen people saying they've picked it up for $50 bucks. The cheapest I can find it is about $75 from Tischer. Does anyone else have a cheaper place?

Thanks,
James
The other version is cheaper. So what you are seeing for yours is the cheapest I found as well. Why the other is cheaper, I don't know
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #1196
dcr33313

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
So, I just installed the V5 system into my car (I have the Harman Kardon system, no oem nav) and I am facing a few problems.
1) I connected the dynavin to the harness cable and all the connections are fine, but I can't hear any audio out of any of my left speakers and there is nothing going to my subwoofers in the trunk. The digital sound processor does seem to be working, though. Is there some additional part that I need to get this working properly?

2) The audio that does come out of the right speakers also doesn't sound as good as when I had the business cd player, yet I've heard that it should sound on par or even better. Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

3) My iPod connection is basically not working at all. I've connected two different iPhones and an iPod, yet I cannot get the audio to work. If I turn the volume all the way up, I can very very slightly hear the audio, but only portions of it and the rest just blasts the speaker cones even though no sound is coming out. I basically just hear the crinkling noise of the blasting cones.

4) If I'm listening to a cd and I get a call, when I hang up, the unit always goes back to radio and not cd. Are there any fixes to this?

5) I also read that the button backlights dim with the dim switch, but that doesn't seem to work on my car. Anybody else experience this?

I hope I'm not asking any repeat questions, but I haven't been able to find any answers to these questions.

I'd really appreciate the help!
dcr33313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #1197
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Mine don't dim on my e39. How is your audio hooked up? I used rca plugs and found out all of them were bad. try switching rca sides to decide if u have the same issue. Sounds like much more though.
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #1198
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
dcr33313,
It sounds like connection issues. I would pull the unit out and check connections. It fits so tightly that its very easy to pull a speaker connection apart while fitting it all in.

Back light doesnt seem to adjust on V5. I have heard the earlier versions did.

The sound quality should not be worse. Do you have DSP?
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #1199
piers

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
My suggestion would be to get the audio/video cable and use the on-screen controls on the ipod. Jeff documented that the dynavin interface for the ipod is less than stellar. I am not that nice about it. haha. I like using shuffle as well and pretty much all I use, so the dynavin interface is horrible. I removed the ipod cable and use the audio/video cable and am good with just using the iphone to control it all. that and it charges it all the time it is plugged in and the car is on, not just in ipod mode.

The other version is cheaper. So what you are seeing for yours is the cheapest I found as well. Why the other is cheaper, I don't know
trbovnm, after playing with the ipod interface, I agree, makes sense to go with the a/v cable solution. one more basic question, can you describe the type of a/v cable i need to purchase... thanks for your help.
piers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #1200
metaljames88

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post

Thanks TRBOVNM. I guess I'll go ahead and order it.
metaljames88 is offline   Reply With Quote