E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #1281
e46pauler

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
If memory serves me correctly,

Go to Navi > Setup > navi setup

its in the same menu page as where you select where the navi program loads from. It's just below it. I found it to make everything really buggy.
e46pauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #1282
TheBloke

My Ride: 2001 M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95seriesbmw View Post
cool, i was debating getting the petrut upgrade and trying it but didnt like the idea of only having music thru the micro-SD. I too have the gps-usb still tucked away so i gota get back in there. Oh and when I responded to you the first time, I should have said i had only tried HDD on the dvd-usb side. Keep us updated on your results, im sure many would like to do the same.
I had my GPS-USB wired yesterday and have now tested it, and all is fine so far.

I tried it with:
1. A USB micro-SD card reader, with a 2 GB micro-SD inserted.
2. My Windows Mobile 6.5 cell phone, connected by USB cable and put into "Drive Access" mode, where it acts like a USB flash drive accessing the internal micro-SD card.

Both worked fine, showing up in WinCE as "USB Drive", and that was usable as the source for the Sat Nav software, and in WolfNCU/Nitrogen/etc.

My phone also showed a charging light when plugged in. So the GPS-USB port can double as a charger for USB devices like cell phones.

Next to try is a proper USB HDD, like the WD Passport (bus-powered). I'll order on on Monday and try it in the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95seriesbmw View Post
One other thing was not being able to retain steering controls in the Mp3 players on navi side. not a deal breaker but would be nice.
Nice, but not supported - the steering wheel controls are hard-wired to the "DVD" side of the unit, WinCE cannot access them in any way.

There are BMW iBus-to-USB adapters I've seen out there (Google "ibus USB"), which includes the steering wheel controls and which could allow the connection of those controls to WinCE, however I'm assuming a custom driver would need to be written before WinCE could understand it. And that would then require the steering wheel controls to be ONLY connected to WinCE, not to the DVD part of the DVN as well, so you'd go through a lot of work writing drivers and only end up by swapping the side of the DVN that could access them, you wouldn't get both. Not worth bothering with.

Last edited by TheBloke; 01-15-2011 at 08:27 AM.
TheBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #1283
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Start nav automatically: Its a check box where you set the path to the nav program in setup.

edit: looks like several people are having coffee and posting at the same time

Last edited by Flybot; 01-15-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1284
boyfromnowhere

My Ride: beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt1436 View Post
Did you install the line output converters?

When I installed my Dynavin, initially the sound quality was poor and only the front speakers seemed to be working. I took out one of the LOCs and that solved the problem. That would be my first suggestion - try it without the LOCs and see if the sound improves. The sound from my unit is as good or better than OEM.

Hope it helps.
John
Is this the only way to get better sound? My music comes through all speakers when playing via usb, radio or cd, but using navi music player it only comes through front speaker, balance and fade are inop too, I didnt install LOCs as I dont have a factory amp. Any suggestions.
boyfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #1285
TheBloke

My Ride: 2001 M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfromnowhere View Post
Is this the only way to get better sound? My music comes through all speakers when playing via usb, radio or cd, but using navi music player it only comes through front speaker, balance and fade are inop too, I didnt install LOCs as I dont have a factory amp. Any suggestions.
This is by design and configurable from the Dynavin settings menu - check the Dynavin FAQ thread, I think this is answered in there.
TheBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #1286
95seriesbmw

My Ride: BMW X5, BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloke View Post
Nice, but not supported - the steering wheel controls are hard-wired to the "DVD" side of the unit, WinCE cannot access them in any way.

There are BMW iBus-to-USB adapters I've seen out there (Google "ibus USB"), which includes the steering wheel controls and which could allow the connection of those controls to WinCE, however I'm assuming a custom driver would need to be written before WinCE could understand it. And that would then require the steering wheel controls to be ONLY connected to WinCE, not to the DVD part of the DVN as well, so you'd go through a lot of work writing drivers and only end up by swapping the side of the DVN that could access them, you wouldn't get both. Not worth bothering with.
Yeah, i had looked into it once before when i had my carpc setup and i never ended up messing with it. I used the touch screen for all my functions on it and lived with it. On the dynavin though, its for my womans car so Im doing whatever i can to make it as user friendly as possible for those who are less inclined to understand the inner workings and why all functions may not work at times.

Good to hear on the USB drive, looking forward to your results on the HDD.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #1287
nangelis

My Ride: e46
Have searched the forums - notice that the address book for the ipad was not working - you can get calles diald and recieved from the iphone - but not the address book. I have searched the froums and know that ths has been an issue - but was wondering if there are any updates, or anyone has a good workaround for the iphone

THanks in advance.
nangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #1288
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by nangelis View Post
Have searched the forums - notice that the address book for the ipad was not working - you can get calles diald and recieved from the iphone - but not the address book. I have searched the froums and know that ths has been an issue - but was wondering if there are any updates, or anyone has a good workaround for the iphone

THanks in advance.
Nope, this is well documented, address book does not show up on the screen
Old 01-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #1289
boyfromnowhere

Quote:
This is by design and configurable from the Dynavin settings menu - check the Dynavin FAQ thread, I think this is answered in there.
Yeah cheers mate, I tried that route some time ago, I think that FAQ relates to stopping the music being interrupted when touching the screen. I still cant figure how to get the sound through back speakers as well, I`m using the primo player if that makes any difference.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #1290
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Yeah cheers mate, I tried that route some time ago, I think that FAQ relates to stopping the music being interrupted when touching the screen. I still cant figure how to get the sound through back speakers as well, I`m using the primo player if that makes any difference.
the sound getting interrupted is in the FAQ, you need to change a setting both in windows and likely in primo as well.....

To get sound from the back speakers when you are trying to play sound from the nav side of the unit you need to uncheck the "nav sound" setting in the radio settings menu.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #1291
boyfromnowhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
the sound getting interrupted is in the FAQ, you need to change a setting both in windows and likely in primo as well.....

To get sound from the back speakers when you are trying to play sound from the nav side of the unit you need to uncheck the "nav sound" setting in the radio settings menu.
Thanks Jeff, spot on.

Is there anything you don`t know mate?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #1292
alexbenz

My Ride: E30, Es300
Send a message via AIM to alexbenz
jeff how do i do this that you did?

Igo has an automatic night mode, you pic a color scheme for night and day.
My night mode has dark red streets on a black background..

and how do i change the main skin menu to something like this?

Current line up........lexus es300, 2010 Acura Tsx
Your not a baller until you got a engine in the Rear...
How did i fail Women Studies?
"I Love Biatches"
alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #1293
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
download wolfNCU and transfer it to the micro sd car, then select that as the navi program in dynavin. it will only work in navi mode and then from wolfNCU u can run primo. you are stuck with the original dynavin menus.

Last edited by ketchup; 01-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #1294
Blue Mesa

My Ride: 2006 M3 convertible
Anyone wire the factory microphone into the Dynavin unit for handsfree use? I found the Dynavin external mic isn't so great.

tnx

Blue Mesa
Blue Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #1295
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Alex, this isnt something that we can tell you how to do, its something you would need to learn, start by reading the primo thread on this forum and then go buy an extra sd card and start experimenting.

As far as the map colors....its in the primo settings menus. Just look around, you will find it.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #1296
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Where do I go to learn how to do the firmware upgrade? I have the latest version Dynavin and from what I understand the new upgrade allows steering wheel controls for the ipod and it also allows you to change songs while the Navi is on. Can you shed some light on this please?
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #1297
Jall

My Ride: 328Ci
http://dynavin.freeforums.org/dynavi...2010-t452.html
Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #1298
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Was wondering, if they haven't done it already could they make the phone button on the steering wheel go to the bluetooth menu or something along those lines?
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #1299
alexbenz

My Ride: E30, Es300
Send a message via AIM to alexbenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Alex, this isnt something that we can tell you how to do, its something you would need to learn, start by reading the primo thread on this forum and then go buy an extra sd card and start experimenting.

As far as the map colors....its in the primo settings menus. Just look around, you will find it.
gotcha.....jeff is it possible to get the skin ala idrive look as well??

Current line up........lexus es300, 2010 Acura Tsx
Your not a baller until you got a engine in the Rear...
How did i fail Women Studies?
"I Love Biatches"
alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #1300
boyfromnowhere

After playing with the audio options of the unit, I experienced the following;

3.5GB of music on a Philips Disc - load time = 5 secs.

3.5GB of music on Sandisk USB stick - load time = 75 secs.

3.5GB of music and iGo Primo on Sandisk Micro SD - load time = 30 secs for the navi program, 20 secs for the music player, 4 MINS to scan media.

Whilst the music player on the navi side is more attractive and intuitive than the USB/Disc player, the load time is unacceptably long.

Is anyone else suffering with poor response from the MicroSD load up or is it just the way the unit deals with that digital media