E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #1621
WhIte///D3MON

My Ride: 02 OG/Cinn M3vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
^^ You're a bit late to the party aren't you
guess I am a little late, but that happens when someone is trying to do research on an item before they buy it..

I've been searching to see what kind of problems members are having before I invest in this unit. I came across login's issue, (yes, I heard the ticking noise) and he was trying to work it out with the vendor,(which jeff seems to be a stellar one by all the threads I have searched through) and you chime in to shyt on him, just irritated me to the point to post off topic, I usually mind my business, but GD **** and let the guy try to solve the issue
Maybe im out of the loop and you have helped many members with issues, making you think your the big guy on campus,
but dude have some respect for others and it might come back to you..
Im done here, sorry jeff.. like I said it just irritated me to the point.. I will move along and continue my research
Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #1622
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
^^ That's a great litle tool there, certainly makes things very clear and simple to choose.

Thanks Darkoz
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #1623
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
^^ Boy It's tough being evil
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #1624
loginfailed

My Ride: My buddies 350hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhIte///D3MON View Post
I will move along and continue my research
That is all in the past, but thanks for your support.

You will find that beneath his devilish exterior, Darkoz is a very helpful dude. Just wait until you start looking for info about iGo and you will see him helping in every thread.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #1625
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhIte///D3MON View Post
guess I am a little late, but that happens when someone is trying to do research on an item before they buy it..

I've been searching to see what kind of problems members are having before I invest in this unit. I came across login's issue, (yes, I heard the ticking noise) and he was trying to work it out with the vendor,(which jeff seems to be a stellar one by all the threads I have searched through) and you chime in to shyt on him, just irritated me to the point to post off topic, I usually mind my business, but GD **** and let the guy try to solve the issue
Maybe im out of the loop and you have helped many members with issues, making you think your the big guy on campus,
but dude have some respect for others and it might come back to you..
Im done here, sorry jeff.. like I said it just irritated me to the point.. I will move along and continue my research
Honestly man, either grow up or get a thicker skin if that's all it takes to irritate you.
Every now and then I try to lighten things up in here with a bit of tongue in cheek humour with some sarcasm thrown in as a relief from the bombardment of the continuous whining and whinging posts not to mention the thousands of PMs with the same bloody basic questions over and over again.
No I don't think I'm the bigshot here but in between I do try and help those members out with legitimate questions and problems.
But hey, I don't see you doing much around here to help others out in the community apart from contributing with another whinging post.

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-23-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #1626
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW

me and Darkoz.....its like good cop, bad cop

Its how we get everyone to do our bidding....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #1627
BobSC

My Ride: 01 330Cic, 07 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
I put this page together to help with the process of making all these decisions about what you will need.

Even if you choose not to buy from us, it will give you an idea of what you will need to purchase:

BIMMIAN.COM GPS ORDERING WIZARD

I Hope this helps.
You guys were great and very helpful with my Dynavin purchase! Thanks

2007 750Li
2001 330Cic
2000 328i(Sold)
2004 X3
BobSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #1628
Mookster

My Ride: 05 M3
Jeff, any idea any V6 might come out?

Mookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #1629
mark2727

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
I dont know if you will get an answer from him as that was months ago and i doubt he his watching this forum but the answer is yes, If i recall I sent him a new gps antenna and it solved his issue. Ive had three gps issues since last august and one was solved by swapping the antenna, the other two were solved by changing the orientation of the plug (as we discussed in our emails).
Swapping the antenna fixed the problem right away. Now, even with the antenna inside the dash, I get a lock faster than the portable garmin unit my wife has. Nice!

Thanks again,
mark
mark2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #1630
illogik

My Ride: 325i, A3
Dynavin lists Q4 2011 on their website. I'm also hoping that the V5 units can be reflashed to run the Andriod OS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post
Jeff, any idea any V6 might come out?
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #1631
J&T Distributing

android runs different hardware than windows so I dont think a reflash would be a possibility. Also the way I understand it is that it would still be a V5 unit but the processor and board used to run the nav would be an android unit instead of a windows unit

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 03-27-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #1632
Crichton

My Ride: 2004 325i
Questions about navigation...

I talked to Jeff recently and have done a bit of research and was curious how easy it was to get alternative navigation software on the dynavin. I have used garmin units for several years now, and love the fact that i can put it on here if i wind up not liking the igo software. but were do i find it or other programs?

Thanks.

Steel Blue 2004 325i
Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #1633
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton View Post
I talked to Jeff recently and have done a bit of research and was curious how easy it was to get alternative navigation software on the dynavin. I have used garmin units for several years now, and love the fact that i can put it on here if i wind up not liking the igo software. but were do i find it or other programs?

Thanks.

Steel Blue 2004 325i
Good starting point here.......
http://dynavin.freeforums.org/naviga...grams-f25.html
Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #1634
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
android runs different hardware than windows so I dont think a reflash would be a possibility. Also the way I understand it is that it would still be a V5 unit but the processor and board used to run the nav would be an android unit instead of a windows unit
Jeff is right, both will continue to be produced. The android units will cost more as well, and will not be mass produced until late 2011.
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #1635
krushal07

My Ride: BMW 3 series m
Hi guys,

Received my dynavin unit and dvb-t tuner from jeff yesterday and fitted it in already. Very impressed with the unit and although i have had an issue with the dvb-t tuner, jeff is in the process of sorting it. as with others had a few questions which i'm hoping someone can help me with:

1) what is the best location for the dvb-t tuner (hopefully someone from uk who has it installed can tell me) as it is quite big and i can't seem to quite decide on it's best location.

2) where are the two aerial antennas suppose to be placed for the dvb-t unit?

3) the fm radio antenna fitted at the back of the dynavin unit is a very tight fit to the back of the car? Someone mentioned they had oriented the cable, can anyone explain how this is done?

4) how do i change the factory sat nav program to tomtom?

5) when the dvd is playing i get message popping up randomly stating that i should not watch dvd whilst driving. Is there a way to turn this off?

6) the installation guide suggests the loc cables are recommend; however when i connected these the sound was very low, as soon as i connected without the loc cables, the sound improved immensly (even better than the factory fit unit). Can someone explain what the locs are for and why they are recommended? Is there any issues if i do not use them?

Sorry if they had already been asked but i read the first 13 pages of these posts which took a while and thought it may just be easier if i asked on the forum as it may help others too?

Thanks for any help!
krushal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #1636
J&T Distributing

Im going to leave 1-3 up to the UK/AUS/NZ RHD guys here on the forum who know a lot more about that than us North Americans....

4) see the dynaivn forum, http://dynavin.freeforums.org/index.php .....there is a subforum there all about the different nav programs and what is and isnt possible

5) go into the radio menu and uncheck "brake"

6) LOCs are only for cars that have the Factory amplifier, They reduce the output of the headunit to better match the amp, all US spec cars have this amp but if you are oversees you may not. If you get bad results with the LOCs you probably dont have the amp, remove the LOCs.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-02-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #1637
Darkoz

Rinse and repeat rinse and repeat....................to infinity
Old 04-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #1638
zx5rider

My Ride: 03 M3 , 03 TT 330,
Send a message via AIM to zx5rider
I asked Dynavin and they confirmed you will not be able to flash for Android....O well

'03 330 Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo. (Parting out)
'03 M3
'11 BMW s1000rr
zx5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #1639
Darkoz

^^ No sh!t sherlock, they are two completely different OS and hardware
Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #1640
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by krushal07 View Post
Hi guys,
1) what is the best location for the dvb-t tuner (hopefully someone from uk who has it installed can tell me) as it is quite big and i can't seem to quite decide on it's best location.

2) where are the two aerial antennas suppose to be placed for the dvb-t unit?

3) the fm radio antenna fitted at the back of the dynavin unit is a very tight fit to the back of the car? Someone mentioned they had oriented the cable, can anyone explain how this is done?

Sorry if they had already been asked but i read the first 13 pages of these posts which took a while and thought it may just be easier if i asked on the forum as it may help others too?

Thanks for any help!
Ok I'll jump in here (so Darkoz doesn't blow a gasket lol) re the DVB-T...

1) I have the tuner in the glove box...I tried several other places behind the dash, all were too small or ended up with the capacity to crimp cables...I had thought the glove box would be temp but what the hell I can still fit other stuff in there...

2) I have the vert so am a little limited with the aerial placement I ran the cables up the 'a' pillars both sides and along the top of the windscreen. I've ended up with the arials being a little too close though and reception has to be close to perfect but if it is the quality is excellent. Those with proper roofs may have a better location for the aerials.

3)The fm connector just need to be turned around about 90% in my case and it fitted in ok.

Just an aside I'd like to thank Darkoz for the sterling effort on the Primo nav gear. On a trip north it saved me losing my license when it told me about a mobile speed trap...dunno how that works but the two guys who went past me both got caught...
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote