E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #1841
certify

My Ride: 328i 2000
Are there any firmware update with BMW logo?
certify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #1842
dt_328xi

My Ride: 328xi
hey guys,

I know this is the wrong forum but there is a lot more info on Dynavin here. I installed my E90 dynavin unit today, but it does not turn on. I checked all the directions 2x and everything seems to be plugged in correctly.

I start the car, wait 30 seconds then pressed the left knob and the unit does not turn on. The climate control works and so do the seat warmer buttons but the dynavin unit will not power on.

I noticed that when I plugged the yellow wire into the fuse box the car was off, but the dynavin unit lit up by the disk drive for a second and the drive made a sound like it spinning then everything turns off.

After that it does not lite up or turn on.

I need help please! If anyone has any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem I would really appreciate it!
dt_328xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #1843
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt_328xi View Post
hey guys,

I know this is the wrong forum but there is a lot more info on Dynavin here. I installed my E90 dynavin unit today, but it does not turn on. I checked all the directions 2x and everything seems to be plugged in correctly.

I start the car, wait 30 seconds then pressed the left knob and the unit does not turn on. The climate control works and so do the seat warmer buttons but the dynavin unit will not power on.

I noticed that when I plugged the yellow wire into the fuse box the car was off, but the dynavin unit lit up by the disk drive for a second and the drive made a sound like it spinning then everything turns off.

After that it does not lite up or turn on.

I need help please! If anyone has any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem I would really appreciate it!
See your other post.
Please don't cross post with the same question.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #1844
certify

Will Dynavin wok with my OEM CD Changer?
Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #1845
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by certify View Post
Will Dynavin wok with my OEM CD Changer?
No.
Actually it's the other way round, your OEM CD changer will not work with the Dynavin.

Last edited by Darkoz; 06-28-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #1846
nangelis

My Ride: e46
Hi Jeff
I bought a E46 V5 unit from you in January (love it!). Quick question - saw a configuration video you loaded on June 9th that showed the firmware at 3-22-11. My unit has 1-04-11. A couple ofquick questions:

1) Whre can I get the firmware - thy dyvan site is very unclear...
2) Is the 3-22-11 the latest firmware
3) is there a benefit to updating?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick
nangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #1847
immigrant

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by nangelis View Post
Hi Jeff
I bought a E46 V5 unit from you in January (love it!). Quick question - saw a configuration video you loaded on June 9th that showed the firmware at 3-22-11. My unit has 1-04-11. A couple ofquick questions:

1) Whre can I get the firmware - thy dyvan site is very unclear...
2) Is the 3-22-11 the latest firmware
3) is there a benefit to updating?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick
bump for firmware update

FS OEM BLAUPUNKT CD PLAYER (no mode)
FS OEM 330 AIRBOX + NEW AIR FILTER
FS 35W CANBUS BALLASTS (UMNITZA)
FS COMPLETE OEM LIGHTS: FRONT,CORNERS, REAR
FS PEAKE TOOL
FS 2001 LCM
P.M. me for anything you are interested.
immigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #1848
certify

*** posted in reversed camera thread..

Last edited by certify; 07-04-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #1849
ecchimo

My Ride: United Kingdom
Hi guys. Sorry if this has been addressed before but I'm having problems with my iPod interface on my Dynavin. The iPod connects and shows the music/settings screen and I can advance past that. I then however keep getting a "timed out" message and can go no further. any ideas?

Also I noticed a completely different iPod interface on the Dynavin website than I have on my v5. Is that a firmware update?

ecchimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1850
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchimo View Post
Hi guys. Sorry if this has been addressed before but I'm having problems with my iPod interface on my Dynavin. The iPod connects and shows the music/settings screen and I can advance past that. I then however keep getting a "timed out" message and can go no further. any ideas?

Also I noticed a completely different iPod interface on the Dynavin website than I have on my v5. Is that a firmware update?

]
thats an old photoshop, it does not exist. When you hook up your ipod and it doesnt say "yourname's ipod" try pressing the right side knob to activate bluetooth, then the back arrow in the lower right to go back to ipod. This resets the connection and usually works. If that doesnt work, do a restore on the ipod, if that doesnt work, check the ipod cables connection to the dynaivn. If that doesnt work....you have something wrong with your unit (or ipod)

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #1851
ecchimo

My Ride: United Kingdom
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Shame about that photoshop, it looks better than the actual one.
ecchimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #1852
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Quote:
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Shame about that photoshop, it looks better than the actual one.
TRUE THAT... seems more user friendly right off the bat too with a repeat and random function on the screen at all times.
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #1853
papa316smurf

My Ride: 2005 M3
I've read of a lot of people complaining of poor bluetooth sound quality (microphone-side, not speaker-side) from the Dynavin units, and I have personaly had a lot of friends complain of road noise whenever I call them. Unlike most reports, I seem to get slightly better quality with the external mic, rather than the built-in one, placed in the OE location. However, I am wondering if this can be improved in any way. I know the OE BMW mic is noise-canceling, but unfortunately, there is no adapter that I know of to allow it to be used with the Dynavin. I have found several noise-canceling mics for sale, and I am wondering if anyone has tried installing a non-Dynavin external mic (especially a noise canceling one). For those of you who are more knowledgeable about these microphones, are these really stand-alone units? I know that noise-canceling headphones require an external power source, so how is it that these microphones can cancel background noise without that? Here's a link to one of the ones I've found (several reviews mention it being used with various standalone bluetooth units, with great results):

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-RCB199...9936333&sr=8-3

Last edited by papa316smurf; 07-06-2011 at 02:18 AM.
papa316smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #1854
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
thought i'd post this...
yesterday, took out the cluster and behold what i see is a my stock GPS antenna sitting behind the cluster. i figured, let me move my antenna there as well, definitely seems like less obstructions then where were putting the antenna, right above the Dynavin.

Stock antenna

Dynavin antenna, just need to use some double sided tape.

I'll monitor today and we'll see if i'll average more sats with better signal.
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #1855
azmp1

Guys, I can confirm that this is indeed a better location for the antenna than behind the Dynavin. I'm now consistently getting 8-10 satellites, where prior I was averaging 6-7.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #1856
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Think its in the same spot on an e39?
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #1857
azmp1

Can't say.... Possible. Cluster removal is easy so just take a look. Even if not, don't see why it can't be moved there, there should be enough room.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #1858
azeL_Inc

My Ride: E46
hi all..somehow, i lost the knob of my dynavin (only right knob), any idea where can i get the replacement? it s so ugly that it hurts my eye whenever i see my dynavin without the knob! appreciate ur help pls
(if anyone happen to have damaged unit, not-used-unit, maybe u can help give me the knob

thanks
azeL_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #1859
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:

Dynavin really need to sort out the existing iPod interface. Its absolutely appalling.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #1860
dt_328xi

My Ride: 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa316smurf View Post
I've read of a lot of people complaining of poor bluetooth sound quality (microphone-side, not speaker-side) from the Dynavin units, and I have personaly had a lot of friends complain of road noise whenever I call them. Unlike most reports, I seem to get slightly better quality with the external mic, rather than the built-in one, placed in the OE location. However, I am wondering if this can be improved in any way. I know the OE BMW mic is noise-canceling, but unfortunately, there is no adapter that I know of to allow it to be used with the Dynavin. I have found several noise-canceling mics for sale, and I am wondering if anyone has tried installing a non-Dynavin external mic (especially a noise canceling one). For those of you who are more knowledgeable about these microphones, are these really stand-alone units? I know that noise-canceling headphones require an external power source, so how is it that these microphones can cancel background noise without that? Here's a link to one of the ones I've found (several reviews mention it being used with various standalone bluetooth units, with great results):

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-RCB199...9936333&sr=8-3
I am also curious about this. Does anyone have any comments?
dt_328xi is offline   Reply With Quote