E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #1881
rmason1984

My Ride: 2006 325ci
Is anyone else having a problem with the usb function on their v5 unit? Seems that it will only load the first 1600 or so songs. If I have any more than that on the usb stick it will not load them all.

Last edited by rmason1984; 07-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.
rmason1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #1882
BGAndrea

My Ride: 2012 Audi S4 Sedan
Send a message via AIM to BGAndrea
How difficult is it to change the harness from the one I have for my Pioneer AVIC-N2 to this one? Also, can I keep the same GPS antenna from the Pioneer? It's in a great spot, and rewiring would be a PITA.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #1883
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa316smurf View Post
Well, I bought the previously mentioned microphone (Amazon users seem to like it for other systems), and I can say that there is absolutely no improvement. I even placed it right in front of me, in front of the instrument cluster. So far, I have tried the built-in mic, the external one that came with the Dynavin (placed in the OE mic location), and the Clarion one. Sound quality is pretty much the same with all of them. I also tried leaving myself a message to hear what the issues may be. It seems like adding the external microphone doesn't automatically disable the built-in one. I tested this by simply rubbing my fingertip over the top of each microphone, and I got distortion for both. In theory, installing an external mic should have disabled the internal one.

The major issue seems to be that the mic gain is very high. Speaking in a normal voice comes out relatively loud on the other end, and so does any background noise. Has anyone found any hidden settings to turn down the mic gain? Any suggestions that have worked for others in improving call quality? I'm resorting to using my speakerphone half the time because people can't understand me on the other end otherwise.
Anymore on this?

Has anyone tried using this Mic? http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-ME-52W.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
Looks to be a popular noise cancelling mic. I may try it out.

Now if the issue described above (built in mic does not disable when external mic is connected) is correct that is definitely a problem and a design flaw. Jeff would you be able to confirm this with Dynavin? And if thats the case do we have a solution?

Last edited by azmp1; 07-28-2011 at 07:45 AM.
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #1884
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
I received my V5 D90-3G yesterday and I noticed something... there's no fan at the back! Is this normal?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #1885
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
Loving the V5 so far Props Jeff for the wealth of information, I actually read the entire V5, first Dynavin info and FAQ threads while waiting for my unit to arrive. Big thanks also to Darkoz for the link to the iGo Primo download

A couple of tips for ipod users like me. Some of these have been mentioned previously:

- I'm experiencing some noise in ipod mode but it's tolerable. My 4th gen ipod touch makes some noise while my 1st gen iPod Video is super quiet.

- Make sure to unplug your ipod before exiting the car. For some reason, my 1st gen ipod video's battery gets drained when left connected. Both my ipod touch and ipod video charge in ipod mode though.

- If you want to charge your ipod/iphone even if you're in radio or DVD mode, connect the charging cable to the GPS-USB connection. Connecting it to the included cable only charges it in ipod mode.

- up/down buttons on the steering controls don't work while in the ipod "now playing" screen. You have to press "RT" to go back, select another song, and finally long press of the "talk" button to play the song. Too much of a hassle. I found a solution for this... go to NAVI mode! Yes, the up/down buttons on the steering wheel changes ipod tracks in NAVI mode!!

I just hope that Dynavin releases a new firmware that fixes the iPod resume problem. That's my only real gripe right now. But overall I'm very happy with the Dynavin!

Last edited by robin325ci; 07-29-2011 at 11:43 PM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #1886
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Yep, they got rid of the fan a while back..... Too many complaints about fan noise I suppose. I haven't heard of any heat related issues so it seems the heat sink on the back is sufficient for the job.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #1887
blaw_22

My Ride: 2004 325Cic
Quick question (I've tried searching for this) but will the android version run the Sirius app if you have premium access and sound okay?
blaw_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #1888
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post
up/down buttons on the steering controls don't work while in the ipod "now playing" screen. You have to press "RT" to go back, select another song, and finally long press of the "talk" button to play the song. Too much of a hassle. I found a solution for this... go to NAVI mode! Yes, the up/down buttons on the steering wheel changes ipod tracks in NAVI mode!!
Hey, this works. Brilliant!!
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #1889
xMpower3dx

My Ride: 2001 M3
Send a message via AIM to xMpower3dx
is there a way to adjust the sub output individually without increasing the overall bass output to the other speakers? I can't seem to find the option.

2001 ///M3 6spd, Steel Gray/Black, Cold weather Package, Satin Black Grille's, K&N 57 series intake, H&R Springs, Carbon Fiber engine cover, AC Schnitzer Strut Tower Brace, AC Schnitzer Pedals
xMpower3dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #1890
jryguyi

My Ride: e46
Has anyone installed the back-up camera? Is there anyway to stop the music from shutting off when the car is in reverse? This is the only thing i can't stand about the camera.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #1891
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2001 318i & 325i
When the camera switches on, you are changing the input, exactly like changing from radio to USB etc. So, no, you will lose the radio when camera engages.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #1892
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
I imagine using audio on the Android side would prevent the loss of sound.
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #1893
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jryguyi View Post
Has anyone installed the back-up camera? Is there anyway to stop the music from shutting off when the car is in reverse? This is the only thing i can't stand about the camera.
That's a great idea, I don't think anyone here has ever thought of that.

Last edited by Darkoz; 08-12-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #1894
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
That's a great idea, I don't think anyone her has ever thought of that.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #1895
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoz View Post
that's a great idea, i don't think anyone her has ever thought of that.
+1

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 AM   #1896
boyfromnowhere

My Ride: beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
That's a great idea, I don't think anyone her has ever thought of that.
`anyone her` ????
boyfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #1897
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfromnowhere View Post
`anyone her` ????
typo???
Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #1898
nathanmeh

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325i
Hey Jeff,
You mentioned a couple months ago that you still had some V4 units. I was wondering if you still had any and if there was a sweet discount for taking one off your hands. Unless there is some crazy change to the V5's other than the screen (which I don't think will bother me that much) I don't see any reason that I would be dissatisfied with a V4.
BMWCCA #437270
2003 325i | ZSP | ZPP | Autotragic | Homelink | Eagle Eyes LED Tails | projector46's | All LED exteriors
nathanmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #1899
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanmeh View Post
Hey Jeff,
You mentioned a couple months ago that you still had some V4 units. I was wondering if you still had any and if there was a sweet discount for taking one off your hands. Unless there is some crazy change to the V5's other than the screen (which I don't think will bother me that much) I don't see any reason that I would be dissatisfied with a V4.
email me.....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #1900
certify

My Ride: 328i 2000
Can i play mp4 files via ipod? If so how?
certify is offline   Reply With Quote