E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
e460_rob

My Ride: 2000 330ci Conv
Will Eonon GA5150 work E46 DSP system?

Ive tried contacting them with no reply but whats the chances of this system working with my Harman Kardon system? Seems a waste of time trying to get all the bmw gear together to get to the same place! Any input welcome.
http://www.eonon.co.uk/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5150.html
e460_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
PRD

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by e460_rob View Post
Ive tried contacting them with no reply but whats the chances of this system working with my Harman Kardon system? Seems a waste of time trying to get all the bmw gear together to get to the same place! Any input welcome.
http://www.eonon.co.uk/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5150.html
I have a 2001 325i sedan with hk and the dsp option works great, i suggest hvac reloaction bracket and a vw adapter for radio reception when you pruchase tokeep things as close to oem as possible. also love that it supports live od2 via usb which was a must for me.
PRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
I don't think E46s that were built for the US market have DSP. I think it was available, as an option, in the E39 and the X5. When I ordered my 2001 330Ci there were only 2 audio systems available: the standard system and HK.
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
PRD

Talking dsp intact and working with ga5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusmarkus View Post
I don't think E46s that were built for the US market have DSP. I think it was available, as an option, in the E39 and the X5. When I ordered my 2001 330Ci there were only 2 audio systems available: the standard system and HK.
My 325i sedan has the dsp option and it's a base model and is us market car. If memory serves me right if you had the business cd then you got the hk sound with dsp option and option to upgrade to disc changer in trunk I used that for the first 2 years with a media bridge cd changer emulator for aux and ipod. If you have dsp option it will retain if you switch to the eonon ga5150.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #5
e460_rob

My Ride: 2000 330ci Conv
It seems i might be confused as to what i have. I have factory sat nav and hk system, does that mean it also has dsp or that an extra add on?
e460_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
markusmarkus

PRD, you're saying your dash or center console has a DSP switch? Plug the last 7 characters of the car's VIN into this website.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #7
markusmarkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by e460_rob View Post
It seems i might be confused as to what i have. I have factory sat nav and hk system, does that mean it also has dsp or that an extra add on?

No. I don't recall reading about or seeing an E46 built for the U.S. market with dsp.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
E46s dont have the "DSP" system....that is E39/E53 stuff. People often confuse the Harmon Kardon system with the DSP system as it does some processing (the little button above the ashtray) but only HK exists on our E46s. In anycase, its not relevant to installing a head unit as its a function of the amp.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #9
robertf

My Ride: 2003 330i
I bought the eonon after market for my car with hk but the wiring harness is different from the ones i got. What can i do i really need help please
robertf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #10
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf View Post
I bought the eonon after market for my car with hk but the wiring harness is different from the ones i got. What can i do i really need help please
Hi robertf, no worry we will try our best to help you. Please kindly PM me with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, and a picture of your car's power plug connector, we will help you further, thanks!

Welcome to check our cool new GA7150 BMW E46 Android 6.0 Car GPS with 12GB for Apps, more powerful and intelligent than ever!

15 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #11
PRD

dsp intact and working with ga5150

I will have to check those Vin numbers markus. As far as (dsp) digital sound processing my 01 325i e46 has the option and still works when the ga5150 got installed. It is just a button above the ashtray that appears to amplify the signal a bit more than with it off. Eonon shipped 2 harnesses right from the factory 1 I believe was for nav car's and the other was the one needed for my car. My oem unit was the business cd edition with hk package non nav.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
LulaNord

My Ride: Ford
Hi...i am a new user here. I thought that it wasn't possible on a side note is your AUX working? Because mine isn't and they're claiming that it is for monitor purposes only so I am busy trying to get my money back, but with no luck unfortunately. They have been advertising with a functionality that doesn't work as it is supposed to.

one-stop pcb assembly services _sl_

Last edited by LulaNord; 03-21-2017 at 12:26 PM.
LulaNord is offline   Reply With Quote