E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
Question SRS Bumper

Who sells SRS bumper?
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
Is this like a discontinued product? Someone enlighten me.
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
It's an 800 dollar rear bumper made from fiberglass that typically takes 6-8 weeks to arrive so people don't tend to buy them. The GTR-replica rear from euro-spec/dtm-spec is cheaper, better accommodates a quad, comes with a cf diffusor, and includes all that for 300 less than the SRS.

If you want to order it though, go here : srs-tec.de

GTR : http://www.dtm-spec.net/v2/product_i...roducts_id=143



Prior is also nice : http://www.dtm-spec.net/v2/product_i...roducts_id=528

__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 09-26-2010 at 06:00 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
alwaysbored786
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fairfax, Va
Posts: 5,786
My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
^looks no where as good as the SRS though. Pretty much looks like a slightly beefier mtech II
__________________

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
Actually, the prior rear looks more like the SR rear in person, except more aggressive. We do still sell both.

SRS is not discontinued.

-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
i was looking at the prior but I don't want my car looking too aggressive and the gtr does kinda just look like an mtechII. Just wondering but the width of the gtr, is it longer than the mtechII or it's about the same?
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
Same, but looks wider. If i was you, id do the SRS or prior. If you do the prior, it will be more unique, but would take some sides and rears to pull it off. cant just rock the rear with stock sides n front.

-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@euro-spec View Post
Same, but looks wider. If i was you, id do the SRS or prior. If you do the prior, it will be more unique, but would take some sides and rears to pull it off. cant just rock the rear with stock sides n front.

-Andrew
Andrew, same can be said about the SRS. My rear lines up perfectly with the hamann gtr skirts which are some of the lowest and most aggressive available for the e46.

I bring it up eternal_fury only because all three of these bumpers (prior, srs, or gtr) would require very aggressive side skirts and a front bumper with a low lip. Without those, either of these bumpers would look out of place. I suppose the GTR would work with mtech sides but the other two definitely will need something even lower.

For what it's worth, were I in your shoes, I would go with the prior and grab some other aggressive body pieces to go with it. I love the look of that rear and it's super unique. There have only been one or two people to throw it on thus far.

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 09-26-2010 at 09:32 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Andrew, same can be said about the SRS. My rear lines up perfectly with the hamann gtr skirts which are some of the lowest and most aggressive available for the e46.

I bring it up eternal_fury only because all three of these bumpers (prior, srs, or gtr) would require very aggressive side skirts and a front bumper with a low lip. Without those, either of these bumpers would look out of place. I suppose the GTR would work with mtech sides but the other two definitely will need something even lower.

For what it's worth, were I in your shoes, I would go with the prior and grab some other aggressive body pieces to go with it. I love the look of that rear and it's super unique. There have only been one or two people to throw it on thus far.
hhhmmm, well what I have right now is just an m3 front bumper. If I don't plan on modding too much, should I just stick with an mtechII rear bumper then? Cuz I really just needed a rear bumper since my stock is damaged so I figured I'd get a decent looking bumper but something that won't make me mess around too much with the other stuff like side skirts, or the front bumper.
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETeRNaL_FuRY View Post
hhhmmm, well what I have right now is just an m3 front bumper. If I don't plan on modding too much, should I just stick with an mtechII rear bumper then? Cuz I really just needed a rear bumper since my stock is damaged so I figured I'd get a decent looking bumper but something that won't make me mess around too much with the other stuff like side skirts, or the front bumper.
Stick with mtech and should you want it more custom lookin, get a carbon diffusor. Should you want it even more custom, get a shop to cut a hole on the passenger side and do a quad exhaust
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
you can also run a m3 style rear, and do the sides as well. just match up with the front. we offer all these also. the m3 rear we have has 2 options, quad exit like the OEM m3 style, or single side exit, which uses your existing stock location, but offers a cut out on the opposite side to give you the option to run quad should you choose to do so.

-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #12
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@euro-spec View Post
you can also run a m3 style rear, and do the sides as well. just match up with the front. we offer all these also. the m3 rear we have has 2 options, quad exit like the OEM m3 style, or single side exit, which uses your existing stock location, but offers a cut out on the opposite side to give you the option to run quad should you choose to do so.

-Andrew
This is also a good suggestion Eternal
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
how come everytime i go to euro spec website, it tells me it attacks my computer and kicks me out?
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
Really... thats wierd. We havent heard any other complaints. It could just be your firewall setting. But what are you trying to look for man? Ill try to help you out on here however i can and pass the word onto our host about this problem.

-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #15
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
Darn I ended up getting a hamann lip for the m3 front bumper... now it looks aggressive in the front. I'm gonna have to think about this bumper thing for awhile.
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #16
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@euro-spec View Post
Really... thats wierd. We havent heard any other complaints. It could just be your firewall setting. But what are you trying to look for man? Ill try to help you out on here however i can and pass the word onto our host about this problem.

-Andrew
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...737vpd5j2d05t2
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
Thanks for the link. Ill send it to our host now.
-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #18
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
it still does it to my computer
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
ETeRNaL_FuRY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 141
My Ride: 2001 Honda Prelude
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...m-spec.net/v2/
ETeRNaL_FuRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #20
Andrew@euro-spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 943
My Ride: E92 335
we r working on it man! being fixed as we speak.

-Andrew
__________________
Andrew@euro-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
srs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use