E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Suaveflooder

My Ride: 04 M3
From 03 Cobra to 04 M3....let the fun begin!

Hey guys! Just figured I'd say a quick hello and introduce myself. My name is Brian and I live in San Diego, California.

I recently sold my 500 hp 03 cobra and purchased an 04 M3. Time for me to "grow up" was a main reason and I also wanted to get a car that was more than just brute, blunt power. It was a sad day, but led to another car I've always admired and dreamed of owning....the M3

A picture from my last shoot with the cobra:

And this is my new love, "Gracie." My fiancee named her and it made me smile so it stuck. I picked her up on Friday, September 24th. She is a Titanium Silver Automatic Coupe. Sorry, no manual. I wanted an automatic and I'm VERY happy with my decision to get one. I know that is a "no, no" in the M3 world and they get a lot of flack, but this car will pretty much remain stock. I tinted the windows, 35% all around, and I'm putting in LED license plate lights on Friday when they arrive. That's it. So here you go. A glimpse of Gracie. This was taken after I spent the day detailing her. I will get better pictures in the next week or so to post, but for now, this will have to do

Suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Hacauce

My Ride: M3
Look real good man, congrats on the pick up. I'm sure you'll find some pleasure in the M3 and if you don't just get FI Really nice looking cobra you had there. Welcome to the forums

Hacauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
dartanion

My Ride: 2003 M3
Cool man! I bought a new Cobra in 1994 when they went to the more swept body style. White with black interior, did a full Boston Acoustics speaker system with Alpine amps, 12 CD changer. Great car, but was not practical as I lived in Minnesota at the time. Had a cheap, beater truck for winter.

Welcome to Bimmer heaven. I just bought my 03 M3 on Sept. 10th. Titanium Silver as well, with black int and AL trim. Love it so far. The real test happened today as I had band rehearsal tonight and my full rig fit in the trunk with room to spare! Although, I did put my guitar in the back seat.
dartanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
crazyafghanguy

My Ride: E46 M3
welcome! you dont have an automatic, you have an SMG

01 M3
Black/Black 6 Speed
Style 95
Amber All Around
Ac Schnitzer Muffler
ZCP Brake Upgrade
crazyafghanguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
sweet pickup man, Luckily the m3's came with smg which is better then a regular automatic. I just want to see how long you can last without modding it
Old 09-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Hey bud. Head over to the SD Chat Thread.

Lot's of us down here.

Also, congrats on your purchase.

You're going to LOVE your car.

Last edited by Gheybe; 09-30-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Suaveflooder

Thanks for the comments guys! I miss my cobra a lot, but the M3 is A LOT of fun! I already scared the crap out of my fiancee on a freeway onramp. Nice little "S" I was flying around! I'm going to have to remember that it is an SMG. Interesting concept and so far it makes the car a blast to drive! The paddle shifters are a fun. I did call it a "V6" on svtperformance and they quickly corrected me that it is an inline 6. I've got a lot to learn.

Gheybe, thanks for the invite! I will make sure to check it out!

As far as modding it, can't do it with this one. Maybe WAY down the road, but I need to save money. I've got a wedding in a year. I'm pretty cheap anyway I'm very much a DIYer
Old 09-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. We are all pretty cool here, there are the few crazies but thats what makes it fun

The Cobra looks SWEET, one of my all time favorite cars, thanks for sharing the pics.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Suaveflooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. We are all pretty cool here, there are the few crazies but thats what makes it fun

The Cobra looks SWEET, one of my all time favorite cars, thanks for sharing the pics.
So far you guys are awesome! Every forum has their crazies....thankfully I haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure I will soon enough.

I have plenty more of the cobra. I will post some from time to time
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Welcome to the forum and NICE cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Congrats on the purchase, just got my M3 last month as well. My pops is big into mustangs haha but he loves the M alot, even more so than my moms new camaro SS. Mainly because of the seats
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #12
Suaveflooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Welcome to the forum and NICE cars!
Thanks!!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
Suaveflooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Congrats on the purchase, just got my M3 last month as well. My pops is big into mustangs haha but he loves the M alot, even more so than my moms new camaro SS. Mainly because of the seats
Congrats on your purchase as well!! Sounds like your pop is a wise man! In both accounts. I can't get the new Camaro to grow on me.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #14
Suaveflooder

just a little update. been about a year and I've learned A LOT about the M3. We've had our troubled times, but I've grown pretty comfortable with her. Odd part is that one of our known forum mechanics asked me to to a vanos job on a fellow members M3 here this week and teach him what I learned when I did mine. It is a nice compliment and I am excited to share what I have learned! This car never has a dull moment
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
welcome
in for more pics of the cobra.

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote