E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
***OFFICIAL 2010 Fan. Football "WHO TO START" Thread***

my first:

Benson or Sproles?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Benson. Sproles is servicable but I see Mathews getting the majority of touches. Benson could very well be in for another big year.

My turn:

Jamaal Charles (vs SD)

or

Arian Foster (vs. Indy)

(Also have Matt Forte on my bench against Detroit)...
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
iwannagofast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 858/305
Posts: 315
My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
quick ? for u fantasy guru's...... i noticed Visanthe Shiancoe is sitting on waivers right now... should i drop chris cooley for him? im only thinking because rice is out for a while (and he caught more td passes last year than pretty much his first couple years combined lol)... however i love cooley and i think mccrab will become very comfortable with him(started to show it already in preseason)
__________________

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
wtf is up WITH THE STATRACKER!?! ahHHHHHHH!!!!
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
ThaHooch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: at home
Posts: 238
My Ride: e46
Cooley is a pimp
__________________

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
quick ? for u fantasy guru's...... i noticed Visanthe Shiancoe is sitting on waivers right now... should i drop chris cooley for him? im only thinking because rice is out for a while (and he caught more td passes last year than pretty much his first couple years combined lol)... however i love cooley and i think mccrab will become very comfortable with him(started to show it already in preseason)
Tough one. I think Cooley will bounce back from his injury last yr and have a good year for the skins. On the other hand, Rice is out for ~6 weeks or so and Shiancoe will get some additional recs. He had a good game last night too.

I'd personally roll the dice with Cooley and see what happens in Washington. New look squad and Cooley can come up big with Mcnabb at the helm.
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
Benson. Sproles is servicable but I see Mathews getting the majority of touches. Benson could very well be in for another big year.

My turn:

Jamaal Charles (vs SD)

or

Arian Foster (vs. Indy)

(Also have Matt Forte on my bench against Detroit)...
I like Charles. HOU is pass happy. I think Charles gets more touches, and in general I think KC will be running the ball more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
quick ? for u fantasy guru's...... i noticed Visanthe Shiancoe is sitting on waivers right now... should i drop chris cooley for him? im only thinking because rice is out for a while (and he caught more td passes last year than pretty much his first couple years combined lol)... however i love cooley and i think mccrab will become very comfortable with him(started to show it already in preseason)
i'd start Shiancoe over Cooley
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,092
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
who has better offense? chicago bears or houston texans?
which team will get in position to score more?
i'm trying to decide on which kicker to start
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
djtroll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 70
My Ride: X5
CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best?

Right now I have Spiller...
djtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
Sponger
Banned
 
Sponger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
my first:

Benson or Sproles?
Benson for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
My turn:

Jamaal Charles (vs SD)

or

Arian Foster (vs. Indy)

(Also have Matt Forte on my bench against Detroit)...
Charles and Forte without a doubt. They are both going to have top 10 back type years imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
quick ? for u fantasy guru's...... i noticed Visanthe Shiancoe is sitting on waivers right now... should i drop chris cooley for him? im only thinking because rice is out for a while (and he caught more td passes last year than pretty much his first couple years combined lol)... however i love cooley and i think mccrab will become very comfortable with him(started to show it already in preseason)
I would definitely pick up Shiancoe. He is a much better value then Cooley right now. Maybe week 6 Cooley will come around, but for the next 5 weeks Shiancoe is going to be money every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
who has better offense? chicago bears or houston texans?
which team will get in position to score more?
i'm trying to decide on which kicker to start
If Cutler is on and Forte comes to form this year, which I think he will, the Bears have the slight edge. Texans are stacked though, few questions at RB is why I would hesitate to use them. Plus, Texas is playing Indy while the Bears are playing the Lions. No brainer to go with Gould.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtroll View Post
CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best?

Right now I have Spiller...
Coin flip. Both are studs who should have successful years, but initially I would roll with Best.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
I like Charles. HOU is pass happy. I think Charles gets more touches, and in general I think KC will be running the ball more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Charles and Forte without a doubt. They are both going to have top 10 back type years imo.
I started SJax and Charles. Of course Forte and Arian Foster had monster games lol.

Next:

Steven Jackson (vs. Oak)

or

Arian Foster (vs. Was)

or

Jamaal Charles (vs. Cle)

I have Foster and Charles slated to start now, since Sjax had a knee issue last week, but appears to be healthy now. Rams are playing Oakland, so I'm thinking about starting Jax over Foster. thoughts?
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
I started SJax and Charles. Of course Forte and Arian Foster had monster games lol.

Next:

Steven Jackson (vs. Oak)

or

Arian Foster (vs. Was)

or

Jamaal Charles (vs. Cle)

I have Foster and Charles slated to start now, since Sjax had a knee issue last week, but appears to be healthy now. Rams are playing Oakland, so I'm thinking about starting Jax over Foster. thoughts?
I'm a skins fan and I don't trust our run D. I'd start Foster. I'd say your decision is b/t Charles and Sjax. I'd go w/Sjax vs. Oakland. C. Johnson ran all over them last week.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 09-17-2010 at 11:44 AM.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
mine:


pick 2 WRs:

Collie v. NYG
Cribbs v. KC
Breaston @ ATL
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Not related to the topic but which WR should i pick up off waivers?

Mario Manningham

or

Nate Washington
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
Not related to the topic but which WR should i pick up off waivers?

Mario Manningham

or

Nate Washington
lol. I was literally just debating the same. I went w. Washington b/c I think the Giants' secondary is weaker than Tenn--I assume you know they're playing e/o this week. And, Washington is their #1 WR, whereas Manningham has to compete w/Smith and Nicks, who are usually the preferred targets.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
lol. I was literally just debating the same. I went w. Washington b/c I think the Giants' secondary is weaker than Tenn--I assume you know they're playing e/o this week. And, Washington is their #1 WR, whereas Manningham has to compete w/Smith and Nicks, who are usually the preferred targets.
True.

I'm thinking the same, but Manningham has been looking solid thus far even with Smith and Nicks in the mix.

Tough one, but I think i'm gonna have to go with Washington as well here.

On a side note, I hope a Vincent Jackson deal gets done today! I have him stashed and would be nice to see him in Minny!
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
True.

I'm thinking the same, but Manningham has been looking solid thus far even with Smith and Nicks in the mix.

Tough one, but I think i'm gonna have to go with Washington as well here.

On a side note, I hope a Vincent Jackson deal gets done today! I have him stashed and would be nice to see him in Minny!
Yeah, I have him stashed in one league too. I wonder what's going to happen w/him.

Also, re: NYG WRs v. TENN, NY is having a tough time protecting Eli. This, obviously, makes things tougher on their passing game as we saw last Sunday night.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Yeah, I have him stashed in one league too. I wonder what's going to happen w/him.

Also, re: NYG WRs v. TENN, NY is having a tough time protecting Eli. This, obviously, makes things tougher on their passing game as we saw last Sunday night.
Well, looks like V Jackson isn't going anywhere anytime soon. What do you think? Are you keeping him stashed hoping he'll get traded before the deadline? Won't be back til week 7 (if at all), so not sure what I'm gonna do with him at this point.
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
Well, looks like V Jackson isn't going anywhere anytime soon. What do you think? Are you keeping him stashed hoping he'll get traded before the deadline? Won't be back til week 7 (if at all), so not sure what I'm gonna do with him at this point.
I'm gonna see if he's going to agree to play in SD. If he's definitely coming back week 7, he'd be worth the roster spot in the meantime, imo. If after this weekend it's still up in the air, I'm prob. gonna ditch him.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #20
tK715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF / LA
Posts: 1,103
My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
I'm gonna see if he's going to agree to play in SD. If he's definitely coming back week 7, he'd be worth the roster spot in the meantime, imo. If after this weekend it's still up in the air, I'm prob. gonna ditch him.
I'd honestly be surprised if he were to play for the Bolts again. Just don't see it happening, but hope I am mistaken! Yeah, I think I'm gonna hold on to him a little longer til I hear some news, or if there's a hot waiver.
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use