E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #961
reddemon

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandcarrera View Post

^what are all those tubes in the drug bin?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #962
mach.schnell

My Ride: 08/2000 330Cic x2
A still to make moonshine.

(Older ABS/DSC control unit. Some are on the other side underneath the brake fluid reservoir.)
mach.schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #963
Azban

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8UrCat View Post
Ya the M56 is pretty bland looking.
Lol i know. Its one of those things i wish i knew about before buying.
Azban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #964
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8UrCat View Post
Ya the M56 is pretty bland looking.
glad you caught on.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #965
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Woot just got my bar from ECS....
Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #966
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 Coupe View Post
Hamann HM2 ftw
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #967
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 Coupe View Post
Thanks for the order!!

Be sure to post pics!

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #968
mach.schnell

Still waiting for both of mine, Joe, how's my RMA coming along?

(And I will post pics when done.)
Old 01-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #969
maxavier

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP
UPS tried to deliver once, then I told them to hold for Will Call...when I go to pick up the packages the UPS store tells me they sent them back to ECS >_> wtf <3 UPS~

Meanwhile my car is in the shop with thermostat issues : / They gave me a 328Ci with ///M package as a loaner...hope I get my parts before I get my car back ><
maxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #970
N89

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxavier View Post
UPS tried to deliver once, then I told them to hold for Will Call...when I go to pick up the packages the UPS store tells me they sent them back to ECS >_> wtf <3 UPS~

Meanwhile my car is in the shop with thermostat issues : / They gave me a 328Ci with ///M package as a loaner...hope I get my parts before I get my car back ><
What does the ///M Package consist of? Sounds rare.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #971
Nervous

My Ride: 01 330CI 6MT ZSP EU3
BTW, MSRP for that intake is just $357.14 and not $1K like ECS tuning is displaying. But paying even $284 for just 3 hp.... Hmmm.... I'd better save for Dynavin... Or interior upgrades/fixes.... Or even exterior (such as a new front bumper).... (I am not even talking about useless strut bar for another ~$300....). Just my 2c.
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #972
N89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
BTW, MSRP for that intake is just $357.14 and not $1K like ECS tuning is displaying. But paying even $284 for just 3 hp.... Hmmm.... I'd better save for Dynavin... Or interior upgrades/fixes.... Or even exterior (such as a new front bumper).... (I am not even talking about useless strut bar for another ~$300....). Just my 2c.
The entire thread would have been nothing without your .02 cents, thank you for your time and thoughts, the thread is now complete, it can now be closed.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #973
maxavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by N89 View Post
What does the ///M Package consist of? Sounds rare.
I haven't done a whole lot of research, but looks like black ceiling liner, body kit, shadowline trim around the windows, M steering wheel, M pedals and finally M plate door sills that makes you do a double take when you get in the car ><. The car is black with cream interior, totally clashes with the anthracite headliner : /

The suspension could be altered and the wheels could be special, pure speculation since I don't look at or drive a lot of new 3's : p

Meanwhile...my car is ready to be picked up and no sign of parts T.T

Last edited by maxavier; 01-26-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #974
illogik

My Ride: 325i, A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N89 View Post
The entire thread would have been nothing without your .02 cents, thank you for your time and thoughts, the thread is now complete, it can now be closed.
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #975
bensonious

My Ride: 2004 330CI
Just received my intake from ecs tuning, hopefully I'll be able to install tomorrow.

I wish I could say something good about my experience with ecs, but after ordering intake and exhaust at the original sales price and confirming that order over the phone, I wasn't too happy to have them email me a full business week later to cancel my exhaust order, stating it was now out of stock and that I can purchase it at full price ($900).

Good thing I decided against ordering it, because they had another sale on the exhaust for 600 only a week after.

I'll be taking my business else when if I decide to order the exhaust and strut tower bar come summer.
bensonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #976
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
anyone tried to fit this on an m3?? probably won't fit over the engine but curious. i'd hate to have to sell and not use on the M3
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #977
mach.schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensonious View Post
Good thing I decided against ordering it, because they had another sale on the exhaust for 600 only a week after.
That was probably to sell product returns.

I've noticed a trend where "sale" isn't to reduce inventory on new product that hadn't yet sold, but to clear out returned product that is no longer factory packaged and can't be sold as new. "Sale" is the new "clearance." You think you're getting a special price on new products that were discontinued, but instead you get scuffed, scratched, mishandled used products. But since the item had never been "officially" used (the strut didn't fit during installation so nobody actually drove with it, or the exhaust wasn't ever actually run on the engine, etc.) they're repackaged and represented as new. This means that you're paying for the company's liberal return policy and reluctance to handle returns fairly. (Restocking fees aren't supposed to be a profit center.)

Hey, used crap might even just be mixed in with new, so most customers don't have any problem and then wonder what you're complaining about.

Just last week I go to buy an office chair at Staples and they bring out a banged up re-taped box - the chair was clearly returned. (Like I wanted a chair that probably has missing pieces, was mishandled and likely damaged by some other moron.) It was just put on the counter and the lady started to ring it up. Hell no. They didn't have the courtesy to even ask, "We only have this returned item left, do you want that?"

I've even seen things like paint cans 2/3rds full that were just put back on the shelf to be sold as new. Why does everybody have to be out to cheat everybody else? I really just don't get that.

So a new sale on items after they were out of stock? Ask me how I know they ain't new product.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #978
bemveZHP

My Ride: 2005 e46 ZHP M-tech
Well Stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach.schnell View Post
That was probably to sell product returns.

I've noticed a trend where "sale" isn't to reduce inventory on new product that hadn't yet sold, but to clear out returned product that is no longer factory packaged and can't be sold as new. "Sale" is the new "clearance." You think you're getting a special price on new products that were discontinued, but instead you get scuffed, scratched, mishandled used products. But since the item had never been "officially" used (the strut didn't fit during installation so nobody actually drove with it, or the exhaust wasn't ever actually run on the engine, etc.) they're repackaged and represented as new. This means that you're paying for the company's liberal return policy and reluctance to handle returns fairly. (Restocking fees aren't supposed to be a profit center.)

Hey, used crap might even just be mixed in with new, so most customers don't have any problem and then wonder what you're complaining about.

Just last week I go to buy an office chair at Staples and they bring out a banged up re-taped box - the chair was clearly returned. (Like I wanted a chair that probably has missing pieces, was mishandled and likely damaged by some other moron.) It was just put on the counter and the lady started to ring it up. Hell no. They didn't have the courtesy to even ask, "We only have this returned item left, do you want that?"

I've even seen things like paint cans 2/3rds full that were just put back on the shelf to be sold as new. Why does everybody have to be out to cheat everybody else? I really just don't get that.

So a new sale on items after they were out of stock? Ask me how I know they ain't new product.
I could not have said it any better. I just got done dealing with a company who practices business that way which is very wrong and fraudulent. Watch out who you order from and read up a lot before ordering.
bemveZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #979
maxavier

*sigh* just got in my bar and intake from ECS, UPS tried to not give it to me after I drove 45 minutes on ice to pick the damn stuff up because they were under "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS!!". Emergency Conditions is code for a snow-day in Dallas. All their drivers were just standing around shooting the ****. Took me an hour to convince them they had nothing better to do than walk to the building and get them for me -_-;; (this was after UPS sent the items back from the shipper, so they've been across the country 4 times now!)

By the time I received the boxes they were so fcked up I could literally fist the strut bar box! I opened the intake and of course the little clippy things were jacked up on the intake nozzle that faces the front of the car.

To be honest I'm tired of dealing with this ****, I'll repair the damn thing myself. Level of effort from ECS and UPS towards customer service was mediocre at best and took a lot of hand holding, prodding and hinting to meet any sort of minimum levels. But to be fair, UPS started and ended the **** storm. I'd bother posting pics, but I think we all know what it will look like when it's done. My engine bay is black inside, just like my soul.

P.S. The only person that went above and beyond his responsibilities was Joe. He answered a phone call, which as the 'forums guy' isn't really in his job description. Thanks : )

Last edited by maxavier; 02-01-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #980
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensonious View Post
Just received my intake from ecs tuning, hopefully I'll be able to install tomorrow.

I'll be taking my business else when if I decide to order the exhaust and strut tower bar come summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxavier View Post

P.S. The only person that went above and beyond his responsibilities was Joe. He answered a phone call, which as the 'forums guy' isn't really in his job description. Thanks : )
I'm sorry to hear about your experiences regarding your most recent orders.

If anyone ever has any similar situations , please feel free to PM or email me directly with any questions or concerns. I will do everything I can to take care of you and make right any issues you might have!

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you! Our number one goal is to be the best advocate to the BMW Community! I personally bleed the blue & white and will always try to help any way I can!

Best regards,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw performance, carbon fiber, filter, intake, performance, strut bar, strut brace