E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
hiphapis

My Ride: 325i
i want change brake.

my car is 325i.
i have plan install supercharger and upgrade brake.

i looking for brake kit(4P) without brembo and stoptech
because, these products is expensive.
and Korean is empty 325 brake kit.
only M3! ;(

do you known good brake kit?
hiphapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Bryan@Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: E46 330i ZSP
Send a message via AIM to Bryan@Jlevi SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphapis View Post
my car is 325i.

only M3! ;(

I recommend checking out StopTech's line of Brake Upgrades for your vehicle. Seeing how you are needing replacement braking components for your vehicle, why not upgrade at the same time with better performing parts, at significantly reduced cost of OEM equivalents?

As always, for more information and other members' suggestions.

Feel free to shoot me a PM / E-Mail or call if you had any questions.

StopTech SportStop Brake Rotors
StopTech SportStop brake rotors are made of an alloy developed from the material used in StopTech's patented AeroRotors used on StopTech Big Brake Kits. This material offers superior cracking resistance due to thermal stress as well as increased initial bite and improved wet weather response. These rotors are OEM diameter for a perfect replacement fit and offer OE or improved vane design where possible on all rotors. These rotors are offered in slotted and cross drilled varieties.

StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines provide a quicker pedal response, maintaining consistent brake pressure and precision brake modulation, especially during threshold braking. The stainless steel braid provides support for the Teflon and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion.

StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads
StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving while maintaining the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions. These pads combine the benefits of premium street brake pads with aggressive friction formulas suitable for track day and autocross use. These pads offer increased bite, less fade and less dust than OEM pads. A good replacement at an excellent price.

Bryan@Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
ZeroSum

My Ride: 05 325
Look at K Sport. I have the 8 pot kit on my 325 with 355mm discs.
ZeroSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
turbo911cm

My Ride: 05 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphapis View Post
my car is 325i.

only M3! ;(

Sorry, I dont think you should compromise your safety in order to save money. Go with tested brands like Stoptech and Brembo. K-Sport might have a fitment for you, but my money is riding on them not performing at the same level as a Stoptech or Brembo kit. Sure they will stop you once or twice from a high rate of speed, but I sure as heck would not trust them on a race track.

Just my .02
turbo911cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
We try to make shopping and purchasing brakes for your vehicle simple and affordable with our 'RPS' kits.(Rotors Pads and Sensors)

Our RPS kit includes everything you'll need to do the job at home on a Saturday afternoon. The RPS kit is a perfect brake replacement kit for your German vehicle.

Includes the following Parts:
* Brake Rotors
* Brake Pads
* Brake Wear Sensor

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
ZeroSum

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo911cm View Post
Sorry, I dont think you should compromise your safety in order to save money. Go with tested brands like Stoptech and Brembo. K-Sport might have a fitment for you, but my money is riding on them not performing at the same level as a Stoptech or Brembo kit. Sure they will stop you once or twice from a high rate of speed, but I sure as heck would not trust them on a race track.

Just my .02
I did alot of research before buying my BBK and did consider Brembo etc but came accross some very good reports for K-sport. Their BBK's actually have a good repuation here in the UK and Europe and have been sold and used on track for many years with no issues at all!

I know of a guy that has run Brembo, AP and Alcon on a CSL and found performance on road / track to be indiscernible.

Don't assume that the BBK is the same quality as their rubbish coilover that seems to be popular in the states - it's actually a sound product if you can get over the name .

Anyway, this is just a heads up on a good deal, - don't take my word for it plenty of info on the net.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
turbo911cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
I did alot of research before buying my BBK and did consider Brembo etc but came accross some very good reports for K-sport. Their BBK's actually have a good repuation here in the UK and Europe and have been sold and used on track for many years with no issues at all!

I know of a guy that has run Brembo, AP and Alcon on a CSL and found performance on road / track to be indiscernible.

Don't assume that the BBK is the same quality as their rubbish coilover that seems to be popular in the states - it's actually a sound product if you can get over the name .

Anyway, this is just a heads up on a good deal, - don't take my word for it plenty of info on the net.
I would say lets agree to disagree on that one and leave it there.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Not sure I would like Chinese/Taiwans calipers on my ride...

-TrippinBimmer

BTW: OP I would get some 330I Calipers and Carriers and run that setup. Should be Fine
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
turbo911cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Not sure I would like Chinese/Taiwans calipers on my ride...

-TrippinBimmer
I agree, but I did not want to start an internet war here over what constitutes good calipers vs "one size fits all" approach, and "throw more pistons in there to make it look like it is better".

Oh, this is priceless, Ksport has an 8 piston rear caliper for an Acura RSX-S, which has a 16" rotor and requires 20" rims. That should be proof enough that they do not do their homework on the cars they make parts for, but I am sure the look nice....

Last edited by turbo911cm; 10-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
ZeroSum

Quote:
No hard feelings . Just throwing it out there, I assume the smart people will not take our word and search outside the forum themselves anyway.

Tags
brake