E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 02:04 AM   #21
Banana_Bread

My Ride: 323Ci
Thats awesome man, good job on the DIY. I agree 100%, the price that acs charges for the supports is insane!
Banana_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:21 AM   #22
presario

My Ride: 330ci
Wow, very impressive DIY! I would take off the acs sticker just to have people stop bugging you

Sig by Jojo//Celsius One
presario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:34 AM   #23
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
I sure wouldnt pay even only 100 for two metal sticks that dont serve a purpose at all. Good job on the diy. Ghetto but if it saves that much money and looks decent, its good. Screw anyone bustin your balls for the ACS badge. It's tiny. No one cares. Not like u put on some replica wheels and put acs badges all over your car along with stickers.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:49 AM   #24
He and his
name's PHIL

My Ride: is not my sig
Send a message via AIM to He and his Send a message via MSN to He and his

Drive me biach
He and his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:30 AM   #25
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

My Ride: 02 M3
Send a message via AIM to Mpowered
it looks the same!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 09:43 AM   #26
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Looks sweet. And oh yeah...keep the ACS sticker on it!. It's your car. Put on it whatever you want--unless you want other people telling you what to put on your car. If that's the case, I've got a few things I want you to do.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #27
Sicdfunsi

My Ride: 330i
Good job on the DIY !!
Sicdfunsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #28
E46
dubbin'

My Ride: 325XiT (retired)
Send a message via MSN to E46
whats wrong with the ma shaw lip ? not good enough for you so you have to put an acs sticker on it ?

i'll give ya props for the pegs

but i hope they fall off while you drive cuz the lip looks better without it

click on sig for more pics.
www.europrojektz.com - northwest
E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:47 AM   #29
audikiller

My Ride: 01 M3 6spd-02 M3 SMG
I applaud the ingenuity but it still looks kinda fake. AND why do you have an ACS sticker on that lip when it is a Ma Shaw lip. So if Honda made a car that looked exactly like your M3 but less expensive, would you buy it and put BMW emblems on it?? Quit posing.

Last edited by audikiller; 04-24-2003 at 10:54 AM.
audikiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #30
Owlin
Banned

My Ride: G-Wagen
Quote:
Originally posted by audikiller
I applaud the ingenuity but it still looks kinda fake. AND why do you have an ACS sticker on that lip when it is a Ma Shaw lip. So if Honda made a car that looked exactly like your M3 but less expensive, would you buy it and put BMW emblems on it?? Quit posing.
Owlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:46 PM   #31
BluE46
Wide Ass on 20's

My Ride: 02 R1, 70 Cuda, P911
Send a message via ICQ to BluE46 Send a message via AIM to BluE46
u shoulda bought my pegs and made ur own base

they're a bit TOO straight.. not a bad effort tho

did u drill into it like the real thing, or just stick on

Last edited by BluE46; 04-24-2003 at 03:49 PM.
BluE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:28 PM   #32
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Send a message via ICQ to E46_Angemon Send a message via AIM to E46_Angemon Send a message via MSN to E46_Angemon
Atleast take some better pix of the damn pegs, and take off the posing ACS sticker on the lip...innovative DIY but I rather not have the pegs...

Original e46fanatics member

Europrojektz Northwest | Retired

"Do you guys ever get that feeling where you're leaning over to the side when you're really just standing still...?"
E46_Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:46 PM   #33
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Quote:
Originally posted by audikiller
On the issue of posing, I guess all those who have the Angel Eyes/DAE, DDE, etc. would also have to be considered "posers". After all, the original BMW cars that came with these are the 5 series, not the 3 series (unless I'm mistakened).

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #34
BluE46
Wide Ass on 20's

My Ride: 02 R1, 70 Cuda, P911
Send a message via ICQ to BluE46 Send a message via AIM to BluE46
Quote:
Originally posted by Dev

On the issue of posing, I guess all those who have the Angel Eyes/DAE, DDE, etc. would also have to be considered "posers". After all, the original BMW cars that came with these are the 5 series, not the 3 series (unless I'm mistakened).

Pose all you can pose. It's your car. =)
not takin any sides, but

DAE's aren't really making 3's try to be 5's.. just trying to bring the technology down to us!

badging something that is actually something else causes more "tension"
BluE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:49 PM   #35
m3kid

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally posted by BluE46
u shoulda bought my pegs and made ur own base

they're a bit TOO straight.. not a bad effort tho

did u drill into it like the real thing, or just stick on
its stick on, i didn't want to drill the bumper, incase i want to take em off. I tried to look for some base cause i knwo you're selling yours, but there's nothing close to that i can use to make it work...so.....yea...went with my own design instead.

Last edited by m3kid; 04-24-2003 at 06:58 PM.
m3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:51 PM   #36
Tedster
Modded

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Wonder how many pages this thread is going to be...
Tedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #37
m3kid

I'm not gonna debate on the issues of the sticker, being a small one as it is, some hate it cause its just soooooooooo wrong putting it on a MA-SHAW lip, some don't. Like i said, I like the way it looks, and there's a space for it, so might as well. call it what you want (poser/faker), i have other stuff on the car thats ACS other than this lip, so for me, it don't matter. hate it, love it, deal with it. my car, my lip, my decision. thanks for your inputs nontheless.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:54 PM   #38
m3kid

Quote:
Originally posted by Tedster
Wonder how many pages this thread is going to be...
hehehe......

there's definately a diversity of individuals here on the board, some supports the idea, some don't. Others would rather spend the $ (and they do have it, or not, and save up) to get the real deal, others like me, who rather save a few bucks and spend it on soemthing else other than a 2 pieces of metal, or in the lip's case, a piece of CF. =) Haters are gonna hate, lovers are gonna support, so....... yea. to me, its more of a time waster than anything else. now that the exams are over, i have time to acturally start some interesting topics hehehehe....good OR bad. haha

Last edited by m3kid; 04-24-2003 at 06:57 PM.
m3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #39
audikiller

My Ride: 01 M3 6spd-02 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally posted by BluE46
DAE's aren't really making 3's try to be 5's.. just trying to bring the technology down to us!

badging something that is actually something else causes more "tension"
You read my mind

Quote:
Originally posted by m3kid

hehehe......

there's definately a diversity of individuals here on the board, some supports the idea, some don't. Others would rather spend the $ (and they do have it, or not, and save up) to get the real deal, others like me, who rather save a few bucks and spend it on soemthing else other than a 2 pieces of metal, or in the lip's case, a piece of CF. =) Haters are gonna hate, lovers are gonna support, so....... yea. to me, its more of a time waster than anything else. now that the exams are over, i have time to acturally start some interesting topics hehehehe....good OR bad. haha
I'm not exactly hating. I like your car overall. **** I have an M3 myself. I just don't see the point in trying to pass something off as something it isn't. I mean you are clearly trying to pass your lip off as ACS. Saying you only put the sticker there cuz there is space there is weak. If you're so proud of it why not represent Ma-Shaw and put one of their logos there? Why not give them the props they deserve for making a piece of equipment you felt was good enough for your ride? Just my 2 cents. You will hear nothing more about this from me. Enjoy your car.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #40
HdS
HdS

My Ride: Nothing but German
Looks good IMO.
HdS is offline   Reply With Quote