E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 09:30 PM   #41
Owlin
Banned

My Ride: G-Wagen
Quote:
Originally posted by audikiller
You read my mind

I'm not exactly hating. I like your car overall. **** I have an M3 myself. I just don't see the point in trying to pass something off as something it isn't. I mean you are clearly trying to pass your lip off as ACS. Saying you only put the sticker there cuz there is space there is weak. If you're so proud of it why not represent Ma-Shaw and put one of their logos there? Why not give them the props they deserve for making a piece of equipment you felt was good enough for your ride? Just my 2 cents. You will hear nothing more about this from me. Enjoy your car.
Haven't you read anything he's said? He's too cheap to pay for the ACS lip and he wants to try and pass the MA Shaw lip off as an ACS lip. Dunno who he's trying to fool though. Plus, he has plenty of ACS mods on his car like that ACS Badge on the grille so shoot, that makes it all right for him to be a straight poser. Geez, get it right audikiller :tongue:
Owlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #42
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

My Ride: 02 M3
Send a message via AIM to Mpowered
Quote:
Originally posted by Owlin

Haven't you read anything he's said? He's too cheap to pay for the ACS lip and he wants to try and pass the MA Shaw lip off as an ACS lip. Dunno who he's trying to fool though. Plus, he has plenty of ACS mods on his car like that ACS Badge on the grille so shoot, that makes it all right for him to be a straight poser. Geez, get it right audikiller :tongue:
You dont have an M3. Where is your car? How bout your mods?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #43
Owlin
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mpowered

You dont have an M3. Where is your car? How bout your mods?
So you think you're some kind of psychic now? ***** please, you couldn't even comprehend the mods I have.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #44
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

Quote:

So you think you're some kind of psychic now? ***** please, you couldn't even comprehend the mods I have.
I am not a *****. You flame me for not having enough mods, though you have none? you dont even have a bmw... wtf is wrong with you?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #45
BluE46
Wide Ass on 20's

My Ride: 02 R1, 70 Cuda, P911
Send a message via ICQ to BluE46 Send a message via AIM to BluE46
Quote:
Originally posted by m3kid

its stick on, i didn't want to drill the bumper, incase i want to take em off. I tried to look for some base cause i knwo you're selling yours, but there's nothing close to that i can use to make it work...so.....yea...went with my own design instead.
Actually, you could probably use the original pegs pretty easily. Even easier if you wanted to make it just stick on rather than drilled

Shoulda mounted it a little bit lower though. The ACS one is kinda more in the middle of the lip

You could even paint the bases black so people couldn't really tell. Trust me man. The real peg metal and shape looks 100x better!

As for the sticker, you should just let it be how its supposed to be. The way the mashaw looks is fine by itself, just take it off and it'll look fine

theres kinda no point in badging it ACS.. are you trying to fool the newbs? or is it a status thing? Just like if I labelled my car a v12. theres just no point cause everyone knows what it really is!

just give it a try clean.. it will look much better
BluE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #46
Owlin
Banned

Quote:

I am not a *****. You flame me for not having enough mods, though you have none? you dont even have a bmw... wtf is wrong with you?
Actually I do. Nice try Nostradamus.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:35 PM   #47
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Just because someone does not like one thing doesn't mean that another person shouldn't like it either. Again, it's his car. He can do anything he wants to. Yes, he can even put a Land Rover emblem on it if he chooses to. When we start telling people what to do to their car based on our preferences, likes, dislikes, we are turning it into a car that we like. It seems as though whether he likes it or not is of no importance or is on a lower priority than ours. In a sense, "Show us your car that we will design/mod for you." How would we all feel if others get to design/mod our car for us based on what they like?

Quote:
I like the way it looks, and there's a space for it...hate it, love it, deal with it. my car, my lip, my decision.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #48
BluE46
Wide Ass on 20's

My Ride: 02 R1, 70 Cuda, P911
Send a message via ICQ to BluE46 Send a message via AIM to BluE46
Quote:
Originally posted by Dev
Just because someone does not like one thing doesn't mean that another person shouldn't like it either. Again, it's his car. He can do anything he wants to. Yes, he can even put a Land Rover emblem on it if he chooses to. When we start telling people what to do to their car based on our preferences, likes, dislikes, we are turning it into a car that we like. It seems as though whether he likes it or not is of no importance. In a sense, "Show us your car that we will design/mod for you." How would we all feel if others get to design/mod our car for us based on what they like?

thats 100% true, but sometimes friends or other ppl can help u see the "light".. if something would look a lot better slightly different that u can't see

then when u realize it, you don't know how u did it any other way
BluE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:46 PM   #49
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Quote:
Originally posted by BluE46

thats 100% true, but sometimes friends or other ppl can help u see the "light".. if something would look a lot better slightly different that u can't see

then when u realize it, you don't know how u did it any other way
True. But you've got to let them learn the hard way. =) Unless he's gone over to the dark side. Hehehe.

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:20 AM   #50
m3kid

My Ride: M3
Quote:

dude its ok, there's no point in arguing with him, so i don't bother.

hey Blue, how much are u selling the pegs? just wondering, maybe i can use em if i can find a base. PM me or something. thanks.

as for the sticker thingy, I'm gonna keep it. Sorry, gotta go with my likings, afterall, its my car, i'm gonna mod it to my satisfaction. Sorry ifyou guys hate it. I understand why it would be posing as opposed to people putting M badges on their car. but you guys know what, there are TONS of people running with replicas, WITH ACS stickers. and i mean the WHOLE bodykit are replicas. Can people tell the difference? perhaps up close. Do u think they care?! maybe. But you know what, I'd be happy to purchase a replica, saving a grand on parts, and look just as good as the real thing (better in this case, FULL CF). People are hatin, pissed, simply because i dont' spend enough money to buy the real thing. Sorry dudez, we have our own prorities, money is money.

excuse the cockiness, but I'm sure 50% of the people( common or mod. enthuists) on the street can't ****ing tell a difference while i drive pass/beside them. You'd think they would care about a damn sticker? come on. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love my car, so I'm gonna keep it this way.

sorry to disapoint those of you who are concerned. But i like the way it is right now. so yea. criticisms are welcome, i mean, free speech right, so.... yea. flame away! hehe.
m3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #51
m3kid

oh BTW: this is suppose to be a DIY thread, didn't knwo it generated so much heat. I'm sure there are others out there that feels the pegs are overpriced and would like a better solution...I'm simply providing an alternative..... Just because something's "not the real thing" doesn't necessarily mean it sucks. IN a world powered by money, saving a few bucks can go a long way. just my 2 cents.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:27 AM   #52
m3kid

as for Owlin, dude, i'd really like to see your car, not to flame or anything, just like to see it. I dont' believe i have seen you posting pictures or mods of any sort, you must have a collection of pics from either shows or taken when you mod the car. so why not show it? I mean, look at me, liek you said, even a "poser", dares to show his car and his "cheapass imitation mods". so lets see yours. ***** =)
Old 04-25-2003, 12:43 AM   #53
Tedster
Modded

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
3 pages so far...oh man....
Tedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:59 AM   #54
m3kid

Quote:
Originally posted by Tedster
3 pages so far...oh man....

weeeeee! SPAM! hahahahaha
Old 04-25-2003, 09:37 AM   #55
Ci FLY
has 1 FLY Ci

My Ride: genato
Quote:

but you guys know what, there are TONS of people running with replicas, WITH ACS stickers. and i mean the WHOLE bodykit are replicas. Can people tell the difference? perhaps up close. Do u think they care?! maybe. But you know what, I'd be happy to purchase a replica, saving a grand on parts, and look just as good as the real thing (better in this case, FULL CF). People are hatin, pissed, simply because i dont' spend enough money to buy the real thing. Sorry dudez, we have our own prorities, money is money.

im gonna have to go ahead and disagree. you do not have a fake ACS lip. you have a ma shaw lip. that completely changes your stand on the argument in the following sense. you say people have fake acs kits and still put on the acs badges, but the CORRECT example you should have used would be something similar to having a full HAMANN car and badging it ACS all over. that is what you have done in your case.

either way man, IMO the ACS badge doesn't belong on the ma shaw lip, but you seem to be doing great into convincing yourself otherwise.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #56
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

Quote:

Actually I do. Nice try Nostradamus.
this is him being a poser. he has no bmw, and he lies about having one. you are worse than officer cartman... at least lie about having a lamborghini or something...

Last edited by Mpowered; 04-25-2003 at 11:32 AM.
Mpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:33 AM   #57
Mpowered
Crazy Boy

Quote:

this is him being a poser. he has no bmw, and he lies about having one. you are worse than officer cartman... at least lie about having a lamborghini or something...
my bad he does have a bmw... he showed it to me

heres a quick pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gay.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	52298  
Old 04-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #58
m3kid

lol
Old 04-25-2003, 11:49 AM   #59
m3kid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ci FLY

im gonna have to go ahead and disagree. you do not have a fake ACS lip. you have a ma shaw lip. that completely changes your stand on the argument in the following sense. you say people have fake acs kits and still put on the acs badges, but the CORRECT example you should have used would be something similar to having a full HAMANN car and badging it ACS all over. that is what you have done in your case.

either way man, IMO the ACS badge doesn't belong on the ma shaw lip, but you seem to be doing great into convincing yourself otherwise.
dude, if you want to argue like this you have no case, why? cause MA-SHAW IS a replica of ACS. Like i said b4, there's even a small indentation on the lip for the sticker, its fairly notcible. but like you said, either way, I am convinced that it will stay. sorry dude.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #60
Ci FLY
has 1 FLY Ci

My Ride: genato
Quote:

dude, if you want to argue like this you have no case, why? cause MA-SHAW IS a replica of ACS. Like i said b4, there's even a small indentation on the lip for the sticker, its fairly notcible. but like you said, either way, I am convinced that it will stay. sorry dude.
no need to be sorry, everyone has their flavor of modding.
i commend you on the strut pegs but im not particularly fond of the badges.