E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #201
mark_12345

My Ride: Yugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
This is for anyone who's looking for Primo 1.1
I've uploaded a copy which includes the North America poi, dem, phoneme, 3d buildings files etc. along with TTS voices so it's all ready for you to use.
You only need to add the USA map files (link below) to the map folder.
Just unzip the Darkoz.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card

Download Darkoz.zip from FileFactory.com

And download North America Navteq Q4 2009 maps here.......
Unzip and copy all the map files to the map folder

Download Darkoz-US-maps.zip from FileFactory.com
Darkoz -- I'm brand new to Dynanvin and IGo.
So do all I need is to wipe clean the Dynavin SD card, unzip Darkoz.zip and copy the contents onto the SD card? and thats it?
Do I also copy the contents of Darkoz-US-maps.zip onto the SD card as well?

Thank you in advance
Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #202
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
Darkoz,

I am really trying hard to read what is on that chicks shirt in your sig. I just find myself staring constantly, but I just can't make it out.
Haha.......there's writing on her top??!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #203
itzjere

My Ride: 2003 Alpine White M3
Is there a way to increase the gain of the TTS voice? I find it a bit quiet in comparison to my radio/ipod volume.

i have changed my nav volume settings for voice to max, and music to min and it isn't quiet loud enough for me.

Last edited by itzjere; 12-16-2010 at 05:52 PM.
itzjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #204
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
Is there a way to increase the gain of the TTS voice? I find it a bit quiet in comparison to my radio/ipod volume.

i have changed my nav volume settings for voice to max, and music to min and it isn't quiet loud enough for me.
yup, sure is. The master Darkoz figured it out. I don't recall the page number in this thread. Check from 4-7 and see if you can find it. it was a long post with step by step pictures on adding TTS voices and there is a section you can put in the sys.txt file to increase the volume.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #205
itzjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
yup, sure is. The master Darkoz figured it out. I don't recall the page number in this thread. Check from 4-7 and see if you can find it. it was a long post with step by step pictures on adding TTS voices and there is a section you can put in the sys.txt file to increase the volume.
I vaguely remember that when i read through the thread. I'll check again. thanks.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #206
itzjere

Found it.. I guess I was scanning too quickly.

Quote:
Note that the only downside with TTS voices is that for whatever reason they are not as loud as the regular voices, I found this entry that you can copy into your Primo sys.txt file which increases the voice volume although I haven't tried it myself yet so I can't confirm whether it hepls or not so give it a shot and see if it helps and if it doesn't then just delete it from your sys.txt file.
**EDIT - I can confirm that it certainly does increase the TTS voice volume quite a bit **
[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8
gain=12
Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #207
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjere View Post

This will increase the TTS voice volume, just copy and paste the entry below into the sys.txt file in the main Primo folder.
Then adjust the voice and master volume levels in the nav settings to your preference.

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8
gain=12

**oops, you beat me to it**
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #208
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_12345 View Post
Darkoz -- I'm brand new to Dynanvin and IGo.
So do all I need is to wipe clean the Dynavin SD card, unzip Darkoz.zip and copy the contents onto the SD card? and thats it?
Yes, just unzip the Darkoz.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_12345 View Post
Do I also copy the contents of Darkoz-US-maps.zip onto the SD card as well?.....
Unzip the Darkoz-US-maps.zip file and copy all the map files to the \content\map folder which is in the main Primo folder.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-17-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #209
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsexx View Post
I have a small issue I just installed Primo and it works great I have a V5 unit and when I had 8.3 installed the nav voice would come out of the front speakers while music still played from the rear now in Primo whenever the nav voice comes on it mutes the music entirely and comes out of all speakers how do I make the nav voice only come from front speakers while music still comes from rear
That feature is controlled by the V5 Dynavin not iGO.
if I remember correctly there is a setting on the Dynavin that turns this featuer on or off, in the radio settings I think.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #210
Sinboo50

My Ride: BMW X5
Quote:
That's a feature is controlled by the V5 Dynavin not iGO.
if I remember correctly there is a setting on the Dynavin that turns this featuer on or off, in the radio settings I think.
Yes, Navigation Sound
Sinboo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #211
nunnink23

My Ride: 05 zcp m3
Thanks to everybody who's contributed to the dynavin upgrades! If anybody who isn't good with computers needs help PM me because the primo upgrade is very simple and I thought at first that it looked sortof challenging. Anyway, I'm still learning a lot about the possibility's of windows CE. I have a question for somebody with WOLF NCU... Does this replace the windows shell with the lowrider car? So when you press Navi it goes to the wold ncu shell? Can anybody think of any reason NOT to install wolfncu? My understanding of it is that it runs off the sd card right? And doesn't affect the sys.txt file of the navigation at all?

Secondly, are there other programs out there similar to wolf ncu that is just a new skin for the windows shell? I'm still learning so bear with me!!
nunnink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #212
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
........ I have a question for somebody with WOLF NCU... Does this replace the windows shell with the lowrider car? So when you press Navi it goes to the wold ncu shell? Can anybody think of any reason NOT to install wolfncu? My understanding of it is that it runs off the sd card right? And doesn't affect the sys.txt file of the navigation at all?
Yes it changes the main nav menu screen (gets rid of the low rider)
And yes it runs off the SD card, same as Primo

Quote:
Secondly, are there other programs out there similar to wolf ncu that is just a new skin for the windows shell? I'm still learning so bear with me!!
You might want to check this out if you're into that sort of thing.........
http://gpsunlock.net/download/

Or if you want to take it beyond just changing the skin........
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=794137
Old 12-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #213
nunnink23

My Ride: 05 zcp m3
I sent you a pm about wolf ncu, but in the meantime can anybody direct me to a full wolfncu download with the idrive skin? I downloaded a file from jeffs FAQ link, and its a .rar file with no option to extract, its not the full program I think its just a skin, can anybody help me out a little with setting wolfncu up?
nunnink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #214
Darkoz

Quote:
I sent you a pm about wolf ncu, but in the meantime can anybody direct me to a full wolfncu download with the idrive skin? I downloaded a file from jeffs FAQ link, and its a .rar file with no option to extract, its not the full program I think its just a skin, can anybody help me out a little with setting wolfncu up?
The .rar file is similar to winzip, to extract the files in the .rar file you have to have a program called winrar which you can download off the net for free.
Once you've extracted the .rar file you'll find the wolfNCU files in there
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #215
Turbo BMW

My Ride: BMW
Has anyone got the iGO Primo working on the DVN-E39 ? I keep getting out of memory errors.
Turbo BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #216
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Yes, its really good.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #217
Turbo BMW

Quote:
Yes, just unzip the Darkoz.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card
This isn't working for me and I noticed there's no save directory or australian maps

I still get out of memory errors when I put them in.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #218
Sinboo50

My Ride: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo BMW View Post
This isn't working for me and I noticed there's no save directory or australian maps

Have you run any other patches such as the WinCE Patch?
Sinboo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #219
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo BMW View Post

You seem to have downloaded the US Primo which doesn't have any maps in it.
Instead you need to download the Primo I posted for Australia which has the Aus maps and save folder included, the file name is Darkoz_OZ.zip
The download link is on post #116 of this thread and please take note of the instructions

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-22-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #220
Turbo BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinboo50 View Post
Have you run any other patches such as the WinCE Patch?
I've only done the firmware update from here.