E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #221
Turbo BMW

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
You seem to have downloaded the US Primo which doesn't have any maps in it.
Instead you need to download the Primo I posted for Australia which has the Aus maps and save folder included, the file name is Darkoz_OZ.zip
The download link is on post #116 of this thread and please take note of the instructions
Thanks, I think I downloaded the Primo without maps. I'll check out 116

Last edited by Turbo BMW; 12-23-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Turbo BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #222
mmmusty

My Ride: 2001 PY ///M3
here are my specs: 2001 e46 M3 w OEM Navi, HK sound (that was the start of my problems as nothing seemed to be plug and play lol) i have installed the dynavin V5 with the gps antenna on the metal bar behind the unit where many instructions said.

i downloaded the links for both the US maps and the iprimo u posted on the forum.

put the iprimo DIRECTLY on the 4gb sd card, put maps in the content folder... plugged in the sd card into the front of the dynavin... selected the destination of "iprimo.exe"... then i get "out of memory error" !

i tried it again by deleting the save folder even though there was nothing in it... and i got the same error

i would greatly appreciate any help as im getting tired of dealing with this unit and all its issues lol

Thanks guys
mmmusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #223
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmusty View Post
put the iprimo DIRECTLY on the 4gb sd card, put maps in the content folder... plugged in the sd card into the front of the dynavin... selected the destination of "iprimo.exe" ... then i get "out of memory error" !

i tried it again by deleting the save folder even though there was nothing in it... and i got the same error

i would greatly appreciate any help as im getting tired of dealing with this unit and all its issues lol

Thanks guys
I'm not sure why only a few people seem to get an out of memory error as most don't and I have never experienced it myself.
It may be a typo in your post above but make sure you have all the map files in the content\map folder
To troubleshoot try the following (make sure you have a backup copy of Primo before making any changes)...........

- Firstly make sure that you don't have any other nav software or anything else on your SD card except for Primo.
- Delete the sys.txt file in the main Primo folder
- Insert the SD card into your Dynavin and press the NAVI button but before you start the navi set the folder path to StorageCard/iGO Primo/Primo.exe

Try that first and see if you still get the same error
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #224
mmmusty

thanks darkoz, it was a typo... i meant "igo primo/content/maps" is specifically where i put it.

im trying to use my mac to erase and zero out the sd card on my phone and do the same process, hopefully that will work out... i also only put the "california" map in the folder; dont think that makes any difference... but ill give that a shot and get back to you. once again thanks for your help
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #225
Darkoz

Quote:
thanks darkoz, it was a typo... i meant "igo primo/content/maps" is specifically where i put it.

im trying to use my mac to erase and zero out the sd card on my phone and do the same process, hopefully that will work out... i also only put the "california" map in the folder; dont think that makes any difference... but ill give that a shot and get back to you. once again thanks for your help
No worries although to help diagnose a problem it helps to be specific and describe it exactly

Regarding using a Mac, I've mentioned this previously to others but you need to use a Windows PC to edit and copy files to your SD card, using a mac will cause issues and could very well be the reason you're having problems
And can you explain to me exactly what you mean by "zero out" the SD card?

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-23-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #226
Turbo BMW

My Ride: BMW
Mac ended up being my problem. Once I used Windows 7 on my imac, it was all fixed.

I'm having another issue now where iGO Primo has crashed and it won't recover. Any ideas besides recopying the files again?

Also noticed the mobile speed camera alerts, a lot of them are false positives. Any chance there is a more updated and accurate file?

Last edited by Turbo BMW; 12-24-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Turbo BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #227
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo BMW View Post
Mac ended up being my problem. Once I used Windows 7 on my imac, it was all fixed.

I'm having another issue now where iGO Primo has crashed and it won't recover. Any ideas besides recopying the files again?

Also noticed the mobile speed camera alerts, a lot of them are false positives. Any chance there is a more updated and accurate file?
When you were using the Mac did you format the SD card?
If you did then you'll need to re-format the SD card in the FAT32 file sysytem (not NTFS) using Windows,, either that or use a new SD card

Can't help you with the speedcams, I suggest you delete the entries in the speedcam folder that are giving you the false positives
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #228
mmmusty

So i used windows xp, formatted the 4gb sd card first, then put the iprimo folder in there by itself, with california map in the map folder under contents. i also deleted the "sys.txt" file i think it was that was mentioned to be deleted, along with deleting the "saved" folder...

im still getting the same out of memory error... i hate this damn thing!

any other suggestions before i take a nice chunk of gravel to the dynavin and smash the $#!7 out of it lol? should i use a different memory card maybe.. do you know any link where i can download another version of the software just to c if it works?

btw, thanks for all your help darkoz and merry christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #229
Darkoz

Quote:
So i used windows xp, formatted the 4gb sd card first, then put the iprimo folder in there by itself, with california map in the map folder under contents. i also deleted the "sys.txt" file i think it was that was mentioned to be deleted, along with deleting the "saved" folder...

im still getting the same out of memory error... i hate this damn thing!

any other suggestions before i take a nice chunk of gravel to the dynavin and smash the $#!7 out of it lol? should i use a different memory card maybe.. do you know any link where i can download another version of the software just to c if it works?

btw, thanks for all your help darkoz and merry christmas!
First of all mmmusty there is nothing wrong with the software so downloading again is not neccessary.
Secondly, for your reference and others you do not need to format the SD card as it already comes pre-formatted.
And just to confirm, when you formatted the card did you make sure it was formatted in the FAT32 filesystem (not NTFS)
Otherwise I have no idea why you get the out of memory error as I've never experienced it myself using the exact same Primo, maybe try a new SD card (remember, no need to format it) and see if it helps
Also maybe try copying this into your sys.txt file........

[debug]
no_file_cache="0"
cache="1024"
reserve_memory=1500000

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too mmmusty

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-24-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #230
mmmusty

i apologize, didnt mean that there was something wrong with the software... just that perhaps my dynavin was having issues with it. in regards to the sd card not needing to be formatted.... my dynavin DIDNT come with any memory card!

i did do the format in the FAT32 system ... im going to try a new memory card , and hopefully that works
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #231
Darkoz

Quote:
i apologize, didnt mean that there was something wrong with the software... just that perhaps my dynavin was having issues with it. in regards to the sd card not needing to be formatted.... my dynavin DIDNT come with any memory card!

i did do the format in the FAT32 system ... im going to try a new memory card , and hopefully that works
What I mean is that when you buy an SD card or USB stick from the store they are already formatted so that's why you don't need to format it yourself.
Also, maybe try copying this into your sys.txt file and see if it helps.........

[debug]
no_file_cache="0"
cache="1024"
reserve_memory=1500000
Old 12-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #232
mmmusty

I got it to work!
i had to redownload the same file you had posted just to get a "clean version" of it... maybe using a mac to format the card had added some files to the card which made it have the error.
l
of course... it cant be all that simple in my case; the GPS receiver doesnt work!!
the nav software keeps waiting for satellites .. so i went to the nav setup screen, under GPS, it just keeps scanning but nothing pops up.... no signals or coordinates or anything.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #233
Darkoz

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-24-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #234
mmmusty

... what DOES her shirt say lol
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #235
Darkoz

Quote:
... what DOES her shirt say lol
"My face is up here"
Old 12-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #236
boyfromnowhere

My Ride: beemer
Quote:
Funny
boyfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #237
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Merry Christmas everyone...

I thought I was going batty...bought a new 4Gig SD card just for Primo, dld Darkoz AUS Primo file put it in the vin and got a file not found, yes path was correct, no I hadn't formatted it...it was when it got about half way through the load ie after the initial 'new' loading.bmp screen. Anyway checked and sure enough the file wasn't in the folder but wasn't in the vanilla vers of Primo either...so deleted the save file and the sys.txt.

This time it got about 5% of the way through the load and crashed out with a scrambled screen and then did it every time...so loaded Primo onto the original SD card with same results ie scrambled screen crash...finally loaded iGO8.3 back onto the new card and that still worked....so assuming there is a corrupt file somewhere am in the process of downloading the whole file again.

This on the back of trying to get my reader to read the SDHC card...its too old it seems so had to use the missus laptop....

My new 802.11n router that Santa bought works well though...hehe
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #238
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
Quote:
"My face is up here"
So. I am trying to have a convo with your tig ole bitties. You know, to see if they want to go on a motorboat ride.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #239
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
So. I am trying to have a convo with your tig ole bitties. You know, to see if they want to go on a motorboat ride.
hehehe......after the ride I'd take her trampolining
Old 12-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #240
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
...so I checked the file sizes of the Darkoz_AU original against the one I downloaded last night and there was an obvious difference.

So it works fine now thanks Darkoz, made it very simple...in the end.

...now back to the cricket...

Graeme

edit...forget the cricket it's rubbish...unless you're a pom.

Last edited by Artful Codger; 12-26-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote