E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #241
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Ok, hopefully not too dumb a question time...

Darkoz, I downloaded and installed the Aus version you posted. Eventually installed fine after needing to dld a second time due to some file corruption.

Anyway I was fiddling with the setups and found there is no 'default_pict_night' folder which the system evidently needs to find when trying to boot at night. So I've looked around several forums as I note you have two skins in the data.zip archive and the folder skin_night seems to be what you have set up for night time viewing.

But I can't work out why you don't have the default folder in there or how to get the system to ignore that and use the other skin you do have installed GJA from the look of it.

I've checked all the .ini files and there are references to both the skin_night folder and the default_pict_night folder in the 'interface' section of igo9.ini but I really don't know what it all means and I have tried to find specific info elsewhere, mobilepassion and fixmygps but the info doesn't seem to be too forthcoming...help....please.
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:01 AM   #242
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
In the map settings I just use the default day and default night colors.
I just put the two custom skins GJA and diMkaWA which are in the skin folder for anyone who may want to try them out but personally I don't use them.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #243
Artful Codger

Ok...thanks...but why then won't it boot at night looking for the default folder which isn't there...that's why I thought you must've been using the GJA skin as the night_skin folder is in where the default_pict_night one should be...sorry to be a pain...

edit...I'll try again in the daylight, it boots fine during the day.

I know you've said it a thousand times but I installed the Primo files without any changes including leaving your save file in it and you always say to delete it....could that be messing up the night skin thingy?

Last edited by Artful Codger; 12-27-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #244
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Codger View Post
Ok...thanks...but why then won't it boot at night looking for the default folder which isn't there...that's why I thought you must've been using the GJA skin as the night_skin folder is in where the default_pict_night one should be...sorry to be a pain...

edit...I'll try again in the daylight, it boots fine during the day.

I know you've said it a thousand times but I installed the Primo files without any changes including leaving your save file in it and you always say to delete it....could that be messing up the night skin thingy?
I'm not really sure what you mean by it not booting at night??
In the Primo display settings choose the default day and the default night scheme and in the map settings again choose the default day and the default night colours.
I suggest that once you've got the default settings working then try playing around with the different settings and so on to customise it to your own preferences.
Just to explain about the save file, when Primo starts up it will always create a save folder and in there it places the settings of the current state of your system, so each time you go into one of the settings and change something then Primo will update the save folder with those new changed settings, the only reason I suggest to some to delete the save folder is just in case they messed something up in the settings or the sys.txt file which will be saved in the save folder but in your case I don't think it's neccessary.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-27-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #245
Artful Codger

Thanks for the time you're putting in on this.

What I meant by not booting, I probably should have said loading. It won't load, the loading bar gets about half way then it gets the can't find 'default_pict_night\main_scheme...((I think) file, because the default etc folder isn't there. I gather from looking and reading various forums it uses the 'night' skin when it determines by location and time that the sun has gone down so I can't even get to the display and map settings. I'll try again shortly as it should load ok in the day. I was on fixmygps last night but no one there seems to know why either.

Last edited by Artful Codger; 12-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #246
Artful Codger

Ok I can't change the display or map settings. The 'day' display says default, the night display says picto~night and when I press that one it comes up with the same can't find file error because the default_picto_night folder isn't there. So I can't change to the 'other' DimKwa or GJA skin because this default_picto_night folder isn't there in the first place...frustrating. Same when trying to change the Map settings.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #247
Artful Codger

Just a thought what would happen if I just change the skin_night folder name to default_pict_night given that one isn't in this data.zip file? I'll have to use the DJA scheme but would it cause any other issues?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #248
Darkoz

Codger - Don't rename any folders or files, try this......

Start up Primo and go to Menu\More\Settings\Display\Night Skin Theme and choose - SKIN-default-Night
And for the Day Skin Theme choose - Default

Then while you're still in the Dispaly settings go to Map Settings
Colours - choose Auto
Day Map Colours - choose Default Day Colours
Night Map Colours - choose Default Night Colours

Once you've done that go back to the main screen and exit out of Primo.
Take your SD card out and on your PC go to the content\skin folder and delete those four custom skin files in there, so now you have an empty skin folder.
Then go and put your SD card back into the Dynavin and start up Primo

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #249
Artful Codger

I'll try but whenever I click on the Night Skin Theme to try to choose a skin it immediately tells me this default_pict_night isn't there....I'll get back to you.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #250
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Codger View Post
I'll try but whenever I click on the Night Skin Theme to try to choose a skin it immediately tells me this default_pict_night isn't there....I'll get back to you.
Strange, have you altered any files in the data.zip file at all?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #251
Darkoz

Codger - PM me your email address and I'll send you a file to replace in your Primo folder which may help
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #252
Darkoz

Codger - I've sent you a PM and an email which which will solve your problem

I found the problem, I downloaded the Primo that I uploaded on File factory and compared it to a copy I have on my PC and there are two files missing in the branding.zip file in the uploaded copy, seems that something got corrupt for some reason.

For anyone else wanting to download the Aus Primo, I've re-uploaded it with the correct files so you don't get the same issue.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #253
Artful Codger

Its actually two whole folders that were missing, default_picto and default_picto_night...about 6MB of files...so I think that was the prob...you only notice when you try to drive at night, or change the theme/skin.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #254
Artful Codger

I can confirm all is now working....as usual thanks Darko...
Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #255
WingsAA

My Ride: E46 M3
I downloaded iGo Primo and installed, reset the navi path to the correct path and everything loads up nicely including my custom splash screen. The only issues I'm having are:

1. Getting a prompt telling me the maps aren't up-to-date and then no maps are shown at all... just a "bland/blank" background with the cursor showing my location.
2. Can't search any POI's

I copied my building, map, dem and poi over from my other iGo8 folder per the directions on DynavinForums but it doesn't appear that's it's reading the content I put into those directories. Any suggestions around this?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #256
mmmusty

My Ride: 2001 PY ///M3
Hey darkoz, i was wondering if you have any idea whats wrong with my gps on the navigation... i finally got passed the "out of memory" errors thanks to you... but now the navi just says "gps scanning" and nothing pops up... no satellites are available or anything.

i even took the gps receiver and put it directly on the roof of my car to make sure it wasnt a reception issue... do you have any idea what i have to do?

btw, im guessing it has something to do with the way my car was from the factory as thats the reason why i ran into soo many of the other problems with the unit; 2001 m3, with H/k Sound, and OEM 4;3 navi
mmmusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #257
thejames

My Ride: e46 330ci Coupe Auto
Wings: it's possible you have an error in your sys.txt... anything in there incorrectly pointing at a content folder?
thejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #258
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmusty View Post
Hey darkoz, i was wondering if you have any idea whats wrong with my gps on the navigation... i finally got passed the "out of memory" errors thanks to you... but now the navi just says "gps scanning" and nothing pops up... no satellites are available or anything.

i even took the gps receiver and put it directly on the roof of my car to make sure it wasnt a reception issue... do you have any idea what i have to do?

btw, im guessing it has something to do with the way my car was from the factory as thats the reason why i ran into soo many of the other problems with the unit; 2001 m3, with H/k Sound, and OEM 4;3 navi
First thing I'd do is check that the antenna is securely connected to the back of the Dynavin.
If it's happening only occasionally then even the weather can interfere with the reception at times.
Lastly, you could try copying this into your sys.txt file....

[gps]
port="1"
baud="57600"

If nothing happens then try changing the port="1" to port="2"
Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #259
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmusty View Post

You should go to the system setup on the Nav side and look at the GPS reception. You should be getting 8 or more satellites on the graphic display. If not, your antenna isnt connected or installed in a good location, or the GPS doesnt work.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #260
sapp51

My Ride: 330cic
I had intermittent problems with reception. Moved the antenna, re-loaded software, ETC... (very frustrating)

In the end I pulled the unit and changed the position of antenna attachment that screws on the back of the Dynavin. Can't remember the direction I moved it to but it did the trick. No problems since (2 weeks ago). I mentioned this to Jeff B. and he confirmed that this could be causing the problem.

The fit of the Dynavin is really tight. I could see scratches left where the gps antenna connection was hitting (pinching ???).
sapp51 is offline   Reply With Quote