E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #341
steve174

My Ride: BMW 528 & 650 Cvt
AU voice only?

I download Darkoz's files (THANKS SO MUCH!) and used it over the past few days. The only small gripe is that the voice is Australian and I prefer to use English US. When I try to change it, I hear the US voice, but when I go back, it doesn't save her as the voice and keeps going back to the Australian voice. If that can't be changed, it's fine. I'm getting kind of used to it but I would like to change it if possible.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried it several times and went through the thread pretty thorougly.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by steve174; 02-15-2011 at 04:12 PM.
steve174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #342
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Try the dynavin freeforums. There are a few guys on there who has posted in the UI or WinCE section. Can't remember which. I ended up grabbing one of their sys.txt files and I like the way he has it set up. It was Vasilise or Jazz or something.

Darkoz' version is definitely tailored to his liking. Go over the speed limit and you'll find out.

I would recommend never trying to edit the sys.txt file on your own unless you make a whole bunch of backups.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #343
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve174 View Post
I download Darkoz's files (THANKS SO MUCH!) and used it over the past few days. The only small gripe is that the voice is Australian and I prefer to use English US. When I try to change it, I hear the US voice, but when I go back, it doesn't save her as the voice and keeps going back to the Australian voice. If that can't be changed, it's fine. I'm getting kind of used to it but I would like to change it if possible.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried it several times and went through the thread pretty thorougly.

Thanks,
Steve
See post 70 and 293...I had the same issue and now mine is working. Basically you have to download the voice and breakdown the folder and put them on your disk.
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #344
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
IGO Primo US Download Links Updated

Here's an updated link for iGO Primo and US Maps
(The reference to my name when going over the speed limit has been removed!....oops)
This is for anyone who's looking for Primo 1.1 with true 800x480 resolution
I've uploaded a copy which includes the North America poi, dem, phoneme, 3d buildings files etc. along with TTS voices so it's all ready for you to use.
You only need to add the USA map files (link below) to the map folder.
Just unzip the Darkoz.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b582a65/n/Darkoz.zip

And download North America Navteq Q4 2009 maps here.......
Unzip and copy all the map files to the content\map folder

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b463...oz-US-maps.zip

Last edited by Darkoz; 02-20-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #345
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
(The reference to my name when going over the speed limit has been removed!....oops)
I've uploaded a copy which includes the North America poi, dem, phoneme, 3d buildings files etc. along with TTS voices so it's all ready for you to use.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b56fhe8/n/Darkoz.zip

Does this have GAPI running too?
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #346
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
Does this have GAPI running too?
No
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #347
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
My SD card only has 2GB space and 1.5 G is used up, I was wondering if this will over right the existing or do I need to format my sd card. I am so sorry I just got my unit today and I am trying to figure it all out before I begin the install.

Thanks for your help
LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #348
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFlip#2 View Post
My SD card only has 2GB space and 1.5 G is used up, I was wondering if this will over right the existing or do I need to format my sd card. I am so sorry I just got my unit today and I am trying to figure it all out before I begin the install.

Thanks for your help
No need to format the card as it already comes pre-formatted.
Just delete the existing files on the card and copy the new files onto it.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #349
BruceRee

My Ride: BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybot View Post
Here is a day and night screen shot from the setup from 2000_328ci. I think they look pretty good. How are yours different?

I know it's been asked before but I didn't see a response. Can you tell us what skin this is and where did you get it? I'd like to see what other people are using as well. Can you post screenshots/skin that you're using?
BruceRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #350
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
is there any other website or links to these files, I am having a hard time trying to dl becuase it is kicking me off half way into the download
LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #351
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRee View Post
I know it's been asked before but I didn't see a response. Can you tell us what skin this is and where did you get it? I'd like to see what other people are using as well. Can you post screenshots/skin that you're using?

Yes. It even says in my quote I got it from 2000_328ci on this board. Its a sweet setup. I havnt tweaked it at all. And the SYS.TXT has all the best settings already. PM him.

Last edited by Flybot; 02-19-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #352
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceRee View Post
........ I'd like to see what other people are using as well. Can you post screenshots/skin that you're using?
Here's a few, same skin with different settings.......

Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #353
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
I had a compass feature to the lower right of the screen alone with speed elevation when in "Map/no destination route" mode but now lost the compass. Do you know what I did wrong or what happened?

Thanks again for the links for the downloads!
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #354
BMW Loe

Quote:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b56fhe8/n/Darkoz.zip

I just downloaded this. It wont' allow me to change to US-Samantha TTS and defaults to English-AU Jennifer (I think?). Would I have to download Samantha's voice like you had mentioned in post #70 to be able to make it function?
03 330Ci sold
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #355
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
I had a compass feature to the lower right of the screen alone with speed elevation when in "Map/no destination route" mode but now lost the compass. Do you know what I did wrong or what happened?

Thanks again for the links for the downloads!
Next to the Exit icon on the right there is another icon for extra settings, press that icon and make sure that Linear Compass is checked.
Now go to More, Settings, Visual Guidance, Data Fields and from the options on the right you can choose the compass.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #356
Darkoz

Quote:
I just downloaded this. It wont' allow me to change to US-Samantha TTS and defaults to English-AU Jennifer (I think?). Would I have to download Samantha's voice like you had mentioned in post #70 to be able to make it function?
Not sure what's happening there, a couple of others have had the same issue although I've never experienced it and I use the same copy of Primo that you downloaded.
The copy that you downloaded already has the US Samantha voice so need to download it again.
I'll have to look into it and see if I can see what's going on.

Last edited by Darkoz; 02-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #357
BMW Loe

Quote:
Not sure what's happening there, a couple of others have had the same issue although I've never experienced it and I use the same copy of Primo that you downloaded.
The copy that you downloaded already has the US Samantha voice so need to download it again.
I'll have to look into it and see if I can see what's going on.
I had to download and add Samantha's voice per your post #70 and it worked like a charm Super easy to do. I'll have to do it for English-US Susan (or whoever it is thats listed right after Samantha) as well as she doesn't seem to speak when selected.

Thanks for the compass advice, I'll give it a shot.

quick clarification from the dynavin forums regarding the custom loading/exit screens. I replaced your loading.bmp with my own loading.bmp to my \Dynavin\Igoprimo\branding\ui_igo9\800_480\loading.bmp. I noticed there wasn't an exit.bmp in your file that I downloaded, do I add it in the same folder? I do notice an exit.bmp it in \dynavin\igoprimo\branding\ui_igo\800_480\default_pico\ and the other two folders in there, is that where I add them?
03 330Ci sold
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #358
Darkoz

Quote:
quick clarification from the dynavin forums regarding the custom loading/exit screens. I replaced your loading.bmp with my own loading.bmp to my \Dynavin\Igoprimo\branding\ui_igo9\800_480\loading.bmp. I noticed there wasn't an exit.bmp in your file that I downloaded, do I add it in the same folder? I do notice an exit.bmp it in \dynavin\igoprimo\branding\ui_igo\800_480\default_pico\ and the other two folders in there, is that where I add them?
glad you got the voice sorted
Regarding the loading.bmp and exiting.bmp, you need to edit both in the data.zip\ui_igo9\800_480\ (there is no exiting.bmp in the branding.zip file)

Last edited by Darkoz; 02-20-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #359
BMW Loe

Thanks.

I tried searching this board and on dynavin, but I might be looking in the wrong places...
I downloaded to IGO PRIMO Dimka skin at the iGOmods.com website. I extracted the files, I know what I'm suppost to do with the day and night ZIP files, but what am I suppost to do with the other folders?

The readme from there website says:
Archive:
diMkaWA_P_110_800_480_day.zip - daily skin (in a folder content / skin)
diMkaWA_P_110_800_480_night.zip - the night the skin (in a folder content / skin)
utility - a folder with an utility for MapChanger
font - a folder with a digital print (if this folder at the root of the program in the screen saver will be able to display in a digital font)
Speedcam_Example.jpg - a screenshot of the folder contents audio for one of the languages of Voice voice camera warning for other languages, the names of files inside should be the same.

no explanation as to where I stick the contents in the font folder or the utility folders. I did it last night without the two folders and the system wouldn't load getting a pop-up stating 800x480 is not supported.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #360
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Im not sure on the location of the other files, but as for the load error, you may want to make sure the 800x480 loading.bmp files are actually 800x480. If they arent the right size it chokes.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote