E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #461
Huggynz

My Ride: Mitsubishi Diamante
Oh and how do you manage to get the compass to show like that down the bottom right, I know where the settings are to change the fields but havent got compass in the fields anywhere.

EDIT Ignore the above, I started at page one and have read all postings and found the fix.

Last edited by Huggynz; 03-28-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Huggynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #462
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggynz View Post
Oh and how do you manage to get the compass to show like that down the bottom right, I know where the settings are to change the fields but havent got compass in the fields anywhere.
When you start up Primo and are in the preview map screen on the bottom left you have the exit icon, next to that is another icon, tap that to bring up the extra settings screen and choose the Linear Compass option.
Now when you go to the Data Fileds settings the compass will be available.

As for the stuttering problem, to be honest I'm not sure, might be something to do with the unit you bought or make sure you used a Windows PC and not a Mac when copying or editing files in Primo.

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-28-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #463
Huggynz

Dunno if its the unit, but anything is possible, it worked with no glitches on IGO8.

Would adding a line in sys.txt with buffer parameters and upping those numbers slightly be a way to start ?????

Mate, no MACS alowed in this house, even with the 6 pc's in the house you would never see a MAC around here lol, Im a windows pc man through and through.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:11 AM   #464
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggynz View Post
Dunno if its the unit, but anything is possible, it worked with no glitches on IGO8.

Would adding a line in sys.txt with buffer parameters and upping those numbers slightly be a way to start ?????

Mate, no MACS alowed in this house, even with the 6 pc's in the house you would never see a MAC around here lol, Im a windows pc man through and through.
I wouldn't go messing around with the sys.txt unless you know exactly what and how to edit.
Just thought I'd mention the Mac since others have had issues because they used a Mac instead of a PC, I personally have an intense dislike for anything Apple.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #465
bimmer2u

My Ride: 2003 325i 104,000 mi
Darkoz you da man

Are you taking donations for all the work you have done? Not that you would get rich but it could cover the beers for all the late night work you are doing.
bimmer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #466
bimmer2u

Silver Limo doesnt show

I selected the silver limo in Primo 1.2 but still have the blue arrow. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Dummy me, I figured it out. sorry.

Last edited by bimmer2u; 03-29-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #467
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Hi there! I have the Primo 1.2 but havent installed it yet. What are the key differences between this and the old Primo?
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #468
bimmer2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaL View Post
Hi there! I have the Primo 1.2 but havent installed it yet. What are the key differences between this and the old Primo?
There are a couple of dozen reasons I love 1.2. It is way advanced over 1.1 and everything works out of the gate.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #469
illogik

My Ride: 325i, A3
Jeez just take the plunge

Quote:
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #470
Darkoz

Quote:
Best way to find out is just try it out.
But key improvements are, has 800x480 native resolution now, supports Google Maps if you have WiFi, a few more minor options in the settings and now supports TTS Pro voces which give better navigation commands and raeds out more info.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #471
Huggynz

Hi Darkoz

You done a brill job getting it up and running with TTS. Well done and credit to you.

Do you know why Primo doesnt ship out 1.2 with TTS ??????

Maybe in the next release Primo may have this installed.

Have a great day.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #472
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
I personally have an intense dislike for anything Apple.
Same here. That's why I will never own an IPad/Pod/Phone/etc...

Oh, and so as not to be completely off topic - when using Primo 1.2 it seems to me that some of the voices are more CPU intensive than others. I think I was using Amy, and the map on screen would not update and only showed partial information. I switched to Samantha and it "seemed" better. Anybody else notice this?

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #473
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Running 1.2 with GJ mini branding. Everything looks good just wish it had more features like GJA 2.26 in 1.1.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #474
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
DarkOz you see the thread re TTS Nuance voices on mobilepassion? Im going to try to install and give it a test run. Will post findings here
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #475
Chill72

My Ride: E92 M3
Quote:

You only need to add the USA map files.
The map files from Primo 1.1 will still work, so you can copy the map files from your previous Primo 1.1 to the content/map folder (or download link below for maps)
http://www.igo-maps.info/

- This will of course work for any country, you just need to copy the files from your particular region to the corresponding folders in the content folder.

That's enough disclaimers from me, enjoy.
What's up Darkoz,

I'm new to Dynavin, I just installed the unit in my E92 and that map card it came with did not work...error said "maps out of date". Anyway I'm gonna earse all that stuff and install igo primo per your instructions. Since I'm in Germany (military) I need euro maps, when I went to the site you provided the file is split into five parts. Do I just put them in the same order and inseret them into maps folder in your program?

Also the last point you made about different countries and regions, what exactly do i have to change? something inside your file? or navi setting once i get it loaded?

My car is US spec and so is Dynavin.

I suck at computers so please excuse my ignorance. Your posts are very helpful though.
Chill72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #476
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
What's up Darkoz,

I'm new to Dynavin, I just installed the unit in my E92 and that map card it came with did not work...error said "maps out of date". Anyway I'm gonna earse all that stuff and install igo primo per your instructions. Since I'm in Germany (military) I need euro maps, when I went to the site you provided the file is split into five parts. Do I just put them in the same order and inseret them into maps folder in your program?
The Europe map files you need to download from that site is....NAVTEQ Q4.2010 FULL EUROPE
Once downloaded you then extract (unzip) the .rar files using winrar, you just need to double click the first .rar file and it will automatically extract the map files from all of the 5 downloaded files.
The map files go into your Primo/content/map folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Also the last point you made about different countries and regions, what exactly do i have to change? something inside your file? or navi setting once i get it loaded?........
Each country has it's own set of files that you need to put into the corresponding folders in Primo.
In addition to the map files you also need the correct files to go into the following Primo/content folders.........
(I've also shown the file extension of the files for each corresponding folder)

map - .fbl .fda
building - .3dl
dem - .dem
speedcam - .spc .txt .spbd .spud
phoneme - .ph
poi - .poi

All these files can be downloaded from that same site where the maps are.

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-31-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #477
Chill72

Ok I see, I'm assuming winrar is some kind of program that I need to get to unzip files...Is that correct?

Also if I only download the Navteq maps and put them inside the map folder on your program...everything should work fine right?

Those regional things (speedcam, buildg, dem, phoneme) are just optional bells and whistle things...is that right?

Last edited by Chill72; 03-31-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #478
Chill72

Quote:
Each country has it's own set of files that you need to put into the corresponding folders in Primo.
In addition to the map files you also need the correct files to go into the following Primo/content folders.........
(I've also shown the file extension of the files for each corresponding folder)

map - .fbl .fda
building - .3dl
dem - .dem
speedcam - .spc .txt .spbd .spud
phoneme - .ph
poi - .poi

All these files can be downloaded from that same site where the maps are.

Cool, I'm making something happen...Now your zip file has a bunch of stuff for all the US states under content>building folder...should I delete those? will it still work fine with those in there?

Last edited by Chill72; 03-31-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #479
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Best way to find out is just try it out.
But key improvements are, has 800x480 native resolution now, supports Google Maps if you have WiFi, a few more minor options in the settings and now supports TTS Pro voces which give better navigation commands and raeds out more info.
Ok I've installed it. Didnt compare it to the old but resolution seems better.
So I rolled out onto the hwy and 1st thing I noticed was the maps are a mess. I was on a straightaway hwy (jove night - blue line on the map) but there was also basketweave of hwys in dark brown in the background. Kinda like 2 maps layered one on top of the other. And after several clicks, it goes normal. whew.

Also noticed that Primo 1.2 does not like me driving on the hwy. I checked my setting; HIGHWAY is checked (btw MOTORWAY in old Primo).
It kept bugging me to exit the highway every time it finds an exit. The old Primo does not do this to me.

Was TTS Pro supposed to be grayed out?
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #480
newspec

My Ride: Mspec 325i 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyR6 View Post
Running 1.2 with GJ mini branding. Everything looks good just wish it had more features like GJA 2.26 in 1.1.
I actually prefer the mini branding GHJ .6 in 1.2 its a lot cleaner and not so much crap all over the screen.
newspec is offline   Reply With Quote