E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #121
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Yea, my screen shots do have a lot of info on them during an actual route. But Im a nerd as far as tech goes. I like it. When its not following a route the screen is pretty clean.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #122
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
thejames,

if you are computer literate, it really isn't that in depth. I just tried taking it to a new level so to speak. I was going to try like 5 different nav programs and pick which one I liked best. I had issues getting a couple of them to work properly. So I have decided to stick with Primo. Most everybody likes it and really for me, if it gets me to the place I need to go, that is good enough. There is a lot of customizing you can do with these programs and i haven't had the time to really learn about or how to do it all yet. I understand some, but not nearly as much as some others on here. I like to plan things out and right now since Primo will be it, now I need to get all the TTS voices downloaded(1 left now) and figure out which one I like, then clean up the sd card so I only have Primo on it. Then I will get the petrut hacks back on the card and wifi going. Finally, start customizing and learning about all the features available in primo.

it really just depends on how in depth you want to take it with customizing
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #123
thejames

My Ride: e46 330ci Coupe Auto
Cheers for that, fella. I like messing around with stuff and my geekery is fairly good. At least with this, as long as you have a few SD's to hand and make back ups, you can tinker until your heart's content.

I'll have a working (UK) iGO8 from Jeff, and I'm planning on having Primo and Tomtom. Then I'll sort myself petrut's hack. I've already picked up the wireless dongle... Just need the Dynavin now! (I'm not good at waiting for stuff)
thejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #124
inta

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
It all depends on what skins you're using and how you adjust the settings within Primo.
Have you tried the different colour themes and skins in the settings?
Didn't see a place to change the colour themes/skins in the iGO Primo menus - I just went into my car to check again quick and don't see it. I'll mess around some more later and report back.

Thanks Darkoz =)
inta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #125
inta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybot View Post
Here is a day and night screen shot from the setup from 2000_328ci. I think they look pretty good. How are yours different?

I LOVE this!! And I don't think mine looks like this - must be the theme/skin. What are you using?

I'll try to snap a pic of mine later on.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #126
TRBOVNM

well, I did find where to change the arrow icon to a vehicle, so I got that done, easy enough. can't get the "You are going over the speed limit" to come up. I have gone through a lot of settings and saw where you can turn it on and a bunch of different speed limit settings and I can see them displayed on the screen and flash red when I am over the limit that I set. I will have to look in the manual later.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #127
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Guys, just a reminder to use a Windows PC when copying or editing files in iGO/Primo, if you use a Mac you may get an "out of memory error" or other issues.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #128
Darkoz

For anyone who might be interested, a loading and exiting screen that I changed around a bit and am using with Primo at the moment..........

exiting
Old 11-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #129
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Quote:
For anyone who might be interested, a loading and exiting screen that I changed around a bit and am using with Primo at the moment..........

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #130
inta

Quote:

exiting
This is great, thanks!

For those who are unsure where to put these files, save the PNG and convert to BMP, and then replace the file loading.bmp with this one in branding.zip\ui_igo9\800_480 (and \skin_night ?) -- and I added exiting.bmp even though it doesn't exist in the original branding.zip file.

The only 'ugliness' to this thing now I find is the blue screen that 'welcomes' you to the navigation system when you turn on the unit, when it loads into the GPS app automatically -- anyone messed with that?
Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #131
lfhdez

You really can't mess with it as far as I can tell.

On another note:
I have had something peculiar with the way my system boots up. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't read the images in the igo9 folder and then it goes back to the primo loading screen. Other times it works just fine. I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to not read them. Anyone getting the same?

Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #132
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
You really can't mess with it as far as I can tell.

On another note:
I have had something peculiar with the way my system boots up. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't read the images in the igo9 folder and then it goes back to the primo loading screen. Other times it works just fine. I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to not read them. Anyone getting the same?
Yes I've had the same happen here, have no idea why it does it but after a couple of startups it stops doing it and goes back to using the custom loading screen, weird.
**EDIT**......Actually I found that once you've changed your loading.bmp image, if you re-set the .exe file path in the Navigate Setup setting screen it will then load the correct startup image file.

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-27-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #133
BranKing

My Ride: BMW 325 Ci Clubsport
Hey darkoz, I downloaded the Aus version of primo, it starts to load but then the navigation platform of the dynavin crashes and reboots. I installed exact the way you mention? Do u have any ideas why it could be doing this?
BranKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #134
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranKing View Post
Hey darkoz, I downloaded the Aus version of primo, it starts to load but then the navigation platform of the dynavin crashes and reboots. I installed exact the way you mention? Do u have any ideas why it could be doing this?
Did you re-set the .exe file path in Navigate Setup setting screen?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #135
TRBOVNM

Quote:
next question would be, do you know how branking?

when you hit NAVI and it goes to the lowrider screen(three options and the lowrider car is on there, Jeff was calling it the lowrider screen, so I stick with that, lol), hit the setup button, then navigation setup I think it is called, then you set the path of the .exe file for the navigation program.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #136
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
next question would be, do you know how branking?

when you hit NAVI and it goes to the lowrider screen(three options and the lowrider car is on there, Jeff was calling it the lowrider screen, so I stick with that, lol), hit the setup button, then navigation setup I think it is called, then you set the path of the .exe file for the navigation program.
Honestly people, if you need instructions on how to do something as basic as this, then you either shouldn't be messing with anything or at least take the time to try out and get to know all the settings before asking anything.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #137
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
Quote:
This is for anyone who's looking for Primo 1.1
I've uploaded a copy which includes the North America poi, dem, phoneme, 3d buildings files etc. along with TTS voices so it's all ready for you to use.
You only need to add the USA map files (link below) to the map folder.
Just unzip the Darkoz.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card

Download Darkoz.zip from FileFactory.com

And download North America Navteq Q4 2009 maps here.......
Unzip and copy all the map files to the map folder

Download Darkoz-US-maps.zip from FileFactory.com

Cheers! I don't even have my Dynavin yet, but I'm making sure I have everything I need to get it running as smoothly as possible.
Evap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #138
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evap View Post
Cheers! I don't even have my Dynavin yet, but I'm making sure I have everything I need to get it running as smoothly as possible.
It's good to be prepared
Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #139
lfhdez

Quote:
Honestly people, if you need instructions on how to do something as basic as this, then you either shouldn't be messing with anything or at least take the time to try out and get to know all the settings before asking anything.
I think what happens is a lot of people expect to find the answers right away without any real searching. I can say that I've joined at least 5 different forums to get the Dynavin and Primo working correctly.... everyone needs to do a little more research. I understand it's frustrating not having only one place to find everything but things that are basic shouldn't even be an issue.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #140
BranKing

My Ride: BMW 325 Ci Clubsport
Quote:
Yer i did all that, i knew how to do all that, it begins to load but then it crashes and it reboots the navigation platform back to the navi home screen ( low rider, setup, entertainment).

It seems that it loads halfway and then crashes.
BranKing is offline   Reply With Quote