E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
jetskier88

My Ride: 330i ZHP S/C TS2+
Send a message via AIM to jetskier88
Sprint Booster REVIEW AMAZING!! U.S. spec

So im sure you guys have long been waiting for my review. i had a few obstacles to go through but fortunately for you guys, you wont have to go through them!!! lol...

Ok so the Sprint Booster is amazing in every aspect. Right from start up, i blip the throttle and its wayyyyyy more responsive... it feels as if the car is just lighter... then as i start to drive and punch it, its WAYYY more of a kick than before... after all the trouble i went through, let me just say it was all worth it... i absolutely love it.... through every gear i feel more of a pull.. I DEFINITELY recommend this to every one....

NOW heres the fukin trouble i went through that you all can avoid... from everywhere i read to the installation, it said that YOU NEED to get a special security screw to unscrew the peddle BLAH BLAH BLAHHH... well guess what its all bullSh!t!! you dont need to touch the peddle screws.. underneath the peddle is a little clip and you just hold it down with a flat head screw driver and it just slides off!!! thats it! i had to wait 2 weeks for a special tool kit to come, and realize that none of the bits fit.. so i got pissed and decided to take a better look at my peddle.

Now if you wanna get this product you dont have to pay $315+ on Ebay... i talked to the seller i bought the SB from and he said we can do a group buy... $250 SHIPPED for all us American members... IF your down, start making a list
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
jetskier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Polish_328Ci

My Ride: M3
Is this for 01+? what are the gains?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
AdamBath

My Ride: E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish_328Ci View Post
pedal response.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
jetskier88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish_328Ci View Post
its for all BMW models with an electronic throttle
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
M3kka
Banned

My Ride: Another Make Vehicle
At first im like why the fck are they tryna advertize something from sprint. I came in with a flamethrower ready to launch. But ehhh i have no clue what this is, so hopefully it works and we hear more positive feedbacks. good luck
M3kka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3kka View Post
At first im like why the fck are they tryna advertize something from sprint. I came in with a flamethrower ready to launch. But ehhh i have no clue what this is, so hopefully it works and we hear more positive feedbacks. good luck
it doesn't effect your 328 anyways
Old 03-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
M3kka
Banned

My Ride: Another Make Vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBath View Post
it doesn't effect your 328 anyways
Ummm ok i know this. Title to thread threw me off. C'mon bro, read post prior to answering.
M3kka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3kka View Post
Ummm ok i know this. Title to thread threw me off. C'mon bro, read post prior to answering.
nowhere in your post does it say you understand its not for your 328
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
e46stallion

My Ride: fwd
Send a message via AIM to e46stallion
do you really gain from this...as in "it makes ur car faster"...its just a cable...but if its legit i might be in
Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #10
jetskier88

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46stallion View Post
do you really gain from this...as in "it makes ur car faster"...its just a cable...but if its legit i might be in
heres wat it looks like... its just a cable that plugs in between your pedal and the connector... i have nothing to gain from this.. i just think this is a really cool gadget that only the people in Europe seem to have... it makes your pedal response feel lighter and more alive... also when you floor it, you just feel pushed back more.. kinda hard to explain sorry ...

BMW Modding DONE
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #11
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
I believe all it does is open the butterfly on your throttle body more at a given throttle position. What it essentially does is trick the computer into thinking you're smashing the peddle down further than you really are.

Curious though jetskier, do you feel a difference in manual mode?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
doyoulikebutter

My Ride: '02 330ci
Its legit. it cuts off all that lag from the pedal. faster response= faster car off the line
doyoulikebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #13
jetskier88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
I believe all it does is open the butterfly on your throttle body more at a given throttle position. What it essentially does is trick the computer into thinking you're smashing the peddle down further than you really are.

Curious though jetskier, do you feel a difference in manual mode?
my cars a stick, do you mean manual mode in steptronic?? but regardless it makes a difference in both transmissions. I say this because my friend also bought it for his AUTO audi A4, and he absolutely loves.. i drove it and it feels way better than it did b4..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyoulikebutter View Post
Its legit. it cuts off all that lag from the pedal. faster response= faster car off the line
+++1

BMW Modding DONE
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
kpeng
Banned User

Did your friend with the Audi have a steptronic-like transmission? Because if I'm not mistaken, I believe on the steps, if you put it into "manual" mode, it essentially does something similar.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
jetskier88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Did your friend with the Audi have a steptronic-like transmission? Because if I'm not mistaken, I believe on the steps, if you put it into "manual" mode, it essentially does something similar.
yea its very similar to steptronic... you click it to the right and you can shift the gears by pushing the lever up and down...

BMW Modding DONE
Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 AM   #16
kpeng
Banned User

He felt a difference when he drove like that?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #17
ken330i
E46 Fever God

My Ride: F2 dumped
Send a message via AIM to ken330i
Guys, check out this technical paper: http://frontiernet.net/~dbipes/sprin...intBooster.pdf
Old 03-18-2008, 04:15 AM   #18
jetskier88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken330i View Post
Guys, check out this technical paper: http://frontiernet.net/~dbipes/sprin...intBooster.pdf
reading 13 pages of a one sided perspective doesnt explain the fact that i feel a complete difference with the use of this product.. besides this was comparing the pedal of a mercedes benz

BMW Modding DONE
Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
jmp51483

My Ride: 2003 330ci Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier88 View Post
reading 13 pages of a one sided perspective doesnt explain the fact that i feel a complete difference with the use of this product.. besides this was comparing the pedal of a mercedes benz

I'm taking your word for it and ordering one!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
Titansilber330D

My Ride: 330D Sport
Who did you buy it from?.
Titansilber330D is offline   Reply With Quote