E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #81
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirsh View Post
Wow that's cheap. cheaper than the site I just bought from and waay cheaper than tischer. I might just place an order and see how they charge on shipping
Make sure you guys get the two year factory warranty thru whoever you buy from. Because I give that with all my purchases. Also if you have any problems you can call in and speak to a certified master technician for free.

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #82
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
[QUOTE=Patrick- BMWPartsSource;12343537]You guys get CHEAP pricing and CHEAP shipping with us. Check us out. We had the huge Air Intake and Strut bar Discount Sale in the sponsors section.

Click here for the thread

Check us out.QUOTE]

My daughter and I have both delt with Patrick and Rich - They are good people!

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #83
steveninchicago

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick- BMWPartsSource View Post
Here is the deal on all our receipts. We actually didn't have the proper invoicing software until today. I can make up receipts for people now. Feel free to email me outside of the forum with your name and shipping information and I will get those to you ASAP. I apologize. The shipping charges where a little high until we got hooked up with a fed-ex scale and a cheaper rate because we hooked up with BMW of North America on there account. Things are going smooth now as i have highered more staff members and I am ready to rock and roll with your orders. Sorry again guys. Patrick

I emailed you for part quotes...sent you my VIN number but no one got back to me!
steveninchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #84
mp333

My Ride: 2003 325XI
Last day to get employee pricing. ordered brakes, rotors, Rear springs and misc......

Springs are $25 cheaper than bmwpartssource....

http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com
mp333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #85
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_3 View Post
I have to commend Patrick in his Great Customer Service! We have been exchanging information back and forth and he is super quick to respond! Placed my order with you, Thanks Patrick
I take this back. Going on two months since I placed my order and I still haven't received my full order ... I emailed these guys multiple times with a response that they would look into it and I still have nothing .. Pretty damn disappointing. I'll reserve my full thoughts and comments and give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #86
jonesro

My Ride: 2003 330cic
my first experience was not great either, but decided to give them another shot. ordered a mic off the website saturday, will report back on results
jonesro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #87
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
I was checking http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com out yesterday, and they are extremely cheap for genuine BMW parts... like cheapest I have ever seen. I think the bigger question is how they rate for shipping charges and turnaround time. I may consider ordering more expensive parts like my clutch assembly from them unless my local dealership will match it.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #88
jonesro

My Ride: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesro View Post
my first experience was not great either, but decided to give them another shot. ordered a mic off the website saturday, will report back on results
just got notified it was shipped, but got raped on shipping.they still for some reason don't tell you the cost of shipping at checkout(they did estimate it at $2 and a $1.50 handling)

$15 to ship a bluetooth mic($26), in comparison I just paid $12 to ship a 2lb part from florida in 3days.

Point is, be careful when ordering from them,esp. if your on west coast. Prices may be competitive but when said and done it is cheaper to go to a local dealer.
jonesro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #89
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansanderson View Post
I was checking http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com out yesterday, and they are extremely cheap for genuine BMW parts... like cheapest I have ever seen. I think the bigger question is how they rate for shipping charges and turnaround time. I may consider ordering more expensive parts like my clutch assembly from them unless my local dealership will match it.
I've been very pleased with their prices and shipping charges. Turnaround time has also been good. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't update your order status in their system after they initially process the order and they don't provide tracking numbers for shipments. That means you never know which parts they had in stock, which they had to special order, when the packages ship, or when they are scheduled to arrive. If they'd just provide a tracking number when items ship, I'd be a lot happier. As it is, I've been dealing with this shortcoming in exchange for their good prices.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #90
mmaldin

My Ride: '04 325xit '94 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by txzhp04 View Post
i've been very pleased with their prices and shipping charges. Turnaround time has also been good. The only thing i don't like about them is that they don't update your order status in their system after they initially process the order and they don't provide tracking numbers for shipments. That means you never know which parts they had in stock, which they had to special order, when the packages ship, or when they are scheduled to arrive. If they'd just provide a tracking number when items ship, i'd be a lot happier. As it is, i've been dealing with this shortcoming in exchange for their good prices.
+1
mmaldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #91
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Thanks again for the orders everyone and let us know if you have any questions!

Just as a reminder....

We have the entire North American Parts Catalog LIVE & Search able on our site if you ever need to obtain OEM parts pricing w/ INSTANT shipping quotes!!!

We also have the ability to source all available European OEM parts as well!

Click HERE to order or for more information.

_

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #92
samk090905

My Ride: e46
patrick's customer service is awesome. the response time, via email, thus far has been amazing. more importantly, when you speak with them they spend time with you explaining what you may or may not need. their pricing is about the lowest that i've seen...unless of course, you get recycled parts at half the cost. though i have not purchased anything from them; yet, they are pretty darn good.
samk090905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #93
mp333

bmwmercedesparts.com

15% over cost. Not sure who else at that price..........

E46 Rocks
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #94
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
pricing is a big factor in everyones purchase's, but do you guys care about customer service? (warranty?,Returns?,how fast they reply to you?) just some of the problems i have heard every talk about on this forum. Here at BMWPartsSource.com we try to get a response email out to you within 5 mintues. And if you call we will explain everything and give you multiple options if we can. Thanks again everyone who has used our services and who has given us business !!!

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #95
cvx5832

My Ride: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Not One Source

It's probably been mentioned before, but I didn't want to wade through the pages.

For OEM stuff that you don't usually replace (e.g. 11127512839 - Valve Cover, 25162155637 - Performance Shift Knob, 24117507556 - ZF Oil Pan, etc.) Tischer BMW/getbmwparts is always cheapest by a wide margin. Do a comparison yourself on the stuff I mentioned.

For OEM "fun" stuff (13720432306 - Performance Intake, 18100429614 - Performance Exhaust, 51710429378 - Performance Strut Brace, etc.) I go to ECS Tuning for the best prices. Great pictures of what I want to get, great description, and great service. Always packed well. They're my source for the "toys" and the experience is awesome from start to finish.

For everything else OEM, I go to Pelican Parts. They're always the cheapest for me. Filter kits, random fasteners, bushings, 31122282121 - ZHP Control Arms, etc. have always been the best with these guys. I also order several parts at a time, and when combined these guys are almost always the best price. Added bonus is that I live in the Bay Area, so even rock-bottom shipping gets my stuff to my doorstep the next day.

I've dealt with Patrick from Faulkner BMW/BMW PartsSource once. To get the "deal" I had to bypass the website, call, and go through the archaic process of giving my credit card number/security code over the phone. No receipt when he said he would send one, no confirmation of order, no confirmation of shipping. You just wait when the order is at your door. Customer Service (for me) seemed to end after payment was made. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the CS portion of my transaction was blah.

I doubt any one of our vendors has the best price all the time. You have to shop around. Sale prices play a big part too. I don't have a "go to" guy per se, but the patterns above are what's emerged for me.

Best Regards,
Paolo

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #96
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
I don't see why people need GENUINE BMW parts, unless it's something that another company can't provide. (such as the DISA, etc)

Autohausaz, etc have OE parts such as Bosch which is what BMW uses. BMW uses the same parts and throws on their logo to increase the price 200%. F that
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #97
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I don't see why people need GENUINE BMW parts, unless it's something that another company can't provide. (such as the DISA, etc)

Autohausaz, etc have OE parts such as Bosch which is what BMW uses. BMW uses the same parts and throws on their logo to increase the price 200%. F that
Playing devil's advocate here, I think these stealerships will argue that they give you 2 year unlimited mile warranty on those parts. However, do not let any of these stealership guys B.S. you into them saying other stealerships do not give you this warranty. It is not these stealerships giving you this warranty; it is BMW providing this warranty. It is a service statement that is handed down to them from BMW to follow, so just do not let them fool you. One stealership parts guy tried to pass that crap on me so that I would buy from him instead of a competitor.

When you look at the OE part itself, most OEMs only give 1 year warranty. Granted only the part is warrantied and not the labor, which the latter is not usually a problem for most of us DIYers. For sensors I go genuine and also some weird stuff that I know that fitment may be a problem then I go genuine, otherwise other more expensive items like starters and alternators, I go OEM. However, if I am ordering something already from the stealership and I notice OEM product is a few bucks less, depending on what it is, I might just add it onto my order from the stealership for convenience.

As long as it is from the OEMs, but I notice some aftermarket stuff that you get at auto part stores that are marketed as "compatible," one should sort of re-think this and make sure that the manufacturer of that product has either done a good job at making sure the product fits good or they are the OEM for the part that BMW sources it from. On some parts, I notice aftermarket (and non OEM for that part), fitment was pure crap. I guess you just have to learn which is best to go with OEM, aftermarket, or genuine.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #98
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
To get the "deal" I had to bypass the website, call, and go through the archaic process of giving my credit card number/security code over the phone. No receipt when he said he would send one, no confirmation of order, no confirmation of shipping. You just wait when the order is at your door. Customer Service (for me) seemed to end after payment was made. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the CS portion of my transaction was blah.
oh my gosh, you had to "interact" with a live person...unacceptable!
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #99
mp333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post

I have found GENUINE BMW parts to be same or less than aftermarket every time I ordered parts. I have looked at aftermarket. At that point why not order GENUINE BMW part just for peace of mind. I have spend couple grand in parts over last couples years and its been GENUINE BMW parts. Cheaper than aftermarket or the same for most part.

My 2 c

E46 Rocks
Old 04-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #100
sihatch

My Ride: E46 M3
Bump for any updates.
sihatch is offline   Reply With Quote