E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
vic930

My Ride: boosted m3
couple months after AA prima kit

so its been some time since i got my kit on and i am very pleased! the car is running amazing and most importantly the power delivery is consistent and aggressive! i wasnt able to get everything at once and i cant decide on whether to upgrade my headers or suspension first. I have a SS race muffler on the car but i am having a hard time picking over the AA, SS stepped, or the fabspeed headers. any input on that would be greatly appreciated! and on the suspension side i am pretty stuck on the KW V2's and maybe a set of front and rear sway bars.

thanks!
vic930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
welcome to the family lollll

well to tell you i have the stage 2 3 level hope im wright about that get confuse with all of the stages... but i have the 450rhp one.... i would say if you like get the aa headers i have them and they work good but they come with no cats.. but i will tell you to get a bbk and i have a coilover set up... nice to have the chance to change my set up that way... i also have the group m tit race muffler .. one thing is it is loud.....if you want your car to handle like it is on rails get the cross brace from acs in the trunk and get the barbarian sway bars.. it will make your ride handle 50 % better trust me on that... i say get the coils and get the sways bars.. they both will change how your car handles the most....good luck with your set up and happy driving....
bobm3
Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
did you dyno it yet?

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
headers... inexpensive ones that fit

Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Matt Q

My Ride: Jezebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm3 View Post
.....if you want your car to handle like it is on rails get the cross brace from acs in the trunk and get the barbarian sway bars..:
I have the ACS front strut brace and the swaybarbarians and I can vouch for what Bob has said above.. it makes a HUGE difference to your driving experience and allows the car to handle the power you are putting down..

BBK is super important... I can recommend Stoptech and I wouldn't bother doing front and back unless you are tracking regularly - just get4 pots up front and up-rate your rear pads and get braided hoses and race spec fluid

M3. ONLY BETTER
Matt Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
thank you matt i had that set up before i made my car a showcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Q View Post
I have the ACS front strut brace and the swaybarbarians and I can vouch for what Bob has said above.. it makes a HUGE difference to your driving experience and allows the car to handle the power you are putting down..

BBK is super important... I can recommend Stoptech and I wouldn't bother doing front and back unless you are tracking regularly - just get4 pots up front and up-rate your rear pads and get braided hoses and race spec fluid
in new york they have a prof. track name watkins glen and i took a couple of driving schools days their.... i can tell you with new pilot sport tires i hit 150mph on the straight away i was doing 90 mph turn on the bank going into that straight away...... and in the s turns i had my teacher driving my car and he did 125mph in the s turns he just drove in the center of the 2 turns....
but i say the secret of having the sway bars and the 2 cross braces are in the turns the car will stick alot better... and you will carry more speed going
into the straight aways...best handeling mod's for a road course you could do.. besides doing coilovers and getting them balance with you in the car but that alittle over the top if you use your car as a daily driver.....ha does were the days lolllll
bob
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
ryan@activeautowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic930 View Post
so its been some time since i got my kit on and i am very pleased! the car is running amazing and most importantly the power delivery is consistent and aggressive! i wasnt able to get everything at once and i cant decide on whether to upgrade my headers or suspension first. I have a SS race muffler on the car but i am having a hard time picking over the AA, SS stepped, or the fabspeed headers. any input on that would be greatly appreciated! and on the suspension side i am pretty stuck on the KW V2's and maybe a set of front and rear sway bars.

thanks!
Vic,

Great to hear that your enjoying the extra power!! I will email you with some of the items you requested.
ryan@activeautowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
vic930

My Ride: boosted m3
thanks ryan!
vic930 is offline   Reply With Quote