E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
My 2000 328i

Just picked this up a week ago. Figured I would throw the starting point pictures up. Only mod so far is a Dinan cold air intake. Mods will start coming pretty quick as the weather is starting to break here in Michigan.

Engine:

Dinan cold air intake

Suspension and Brakes:

Power Stop Extreme Performance drilled and slotted rotors
Power Stop Z23 Evolution carbon fiber ceramic pads
Bilstein rear shocks
Moog rear shock mounts
Moog rear shock bellows
Moog front lower control arms
Dorman control arm bushings

Exterior:

Red and clear taillights
Front license plate delete
Depo smoke corner lights
Depo smoke fender lights

Electronics:

LED interior bulbs
OEM alarm

Wheels and tires:

19x8.5 Sevas S5
225/35/19 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 in the front
19x9.5 Sevas S5
245/35/19 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 in the back













Last edited by fogls; 07-19-2015 at 05:13 PM.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Picked up some Seva wheels with Dunlop Dirrezza DZ101 tires on Thursday

19x8.5 225/35 in the front
19x9.5 245/35 in the back



fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Don't know what happened to my pics but they are back up.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
I test fit my wheels yesterday. Just need to replace one tire and get some new lugs and they will be going on.





fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #5
Vader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Stony Plain, Alberta
Posts: 266
My Ride: E46 Touring, E36 328
Nice sedan. I really love the color. Looks good so far.
__________________
|ProjectTechnik| - The Alberta BMW Enthusiast Community

E36 328i - Canyonrot Metallic | OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | M3 Contours | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
E46 325xi Touring - Orientblau Metallic

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club #343!


Canadian Alpina Forum
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Did a few updates to the car this weekend. Put my wheels on for the summer finally, got rid of my front license plate mount, and put in my red and clear taillights.




fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #7
mjpgolf1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland Oh
Posts: 2,408
My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
How about cleaning up the engine bay and maybe some much needed maintenance? Not trying to rain on your fun parade of modding here but there are a few things that should be refreshed and checked before you spend all your cash on mods. One of which is to check the rear subframe and if there are no cracks then reinforce it right away. The 328 was the most known to have issues. Also from the looks of that engine bay I doubt the previous owner was big on maintenance. Cooling system, vanos seals, oil leaks, CCV system, fuel pump, fuel filter, all vacuum hoses and lines, and much more should be addressed if you want a problem free BMW. Not to mention the suspension.

Anyway good luck.
__________________
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Already been done. Checked the rear out before I bought it and all is good there. Been cleaning the engine bay to get it where I want it. Already purchased most all of the stuff you mentioned just trying to work out the time to get it all accomplished. Thank you for your concern but this isn't my first rodeo.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #9
wdeerfield
Registered User
 
wdeerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clifton Park, New York
Posts: 3,617
My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
car is coming along nicely. id recommend some smoked corners for the front to rid it of amber. same for the sides.
__________________

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square

Last edited by wdeerfield; 05-17-2015 at 08:18 PM.
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #10
Inema69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 27
My Ride: 2003 325i
Car looks great, nice mods!
__________________
Loving my driving machine
Inema69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #11
mjpgolf1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland Oh
Posts: 2,408
My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogls View Post
Already been done. Checked the rear out before I bought it and all is good there. Been cleaning the engine bay to get it where I want it. Already purchased most all of the stuff you mentioned just trying to work out the time to get it all accomplished. Thank you for your concern but this isn't my first rodeo.

Glad to hear. I would include all that in your thread then. To the hard core BMW enthusiasts like myself we get more enjoyment out of seeing a new owner maintaining their car properly rather than seeing aftermarket wheels. Pictures of all the parts you're going to replace and a list would be great. But then again it's not my car and it's not my thread so carry on.

You say this isn't your first rodeo. What other BMWs have you owned in the past? Anything good? Just curious. Would love to see some of your previous work.
__________________
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #12
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
car is coming along nicely. id recommend some smoked corners for the front to rid it of amber. same for the sides.
I have some sitting in the box waiting to go in. Just waiting to polish up the headlights first.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:59 AM   #13
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
Glad to hear. I would include all that in your thread then. To the hard core BMW enthusiasts like myself we get more enjoyment out of seeing a new owner maintaining their car properly rather than seeing aftermarket wheels. Pictures of all the parts you're going to replace and a list would be great. But then again it's not my car and it's not my thread so carry on.

You say this isn't your first rodeo. What other BMWs have you owned in the past? Anything good? Just curious. Would love to see some of your previous work.
This is my first BMW. But I have done many other cars. Everything from muscle and classics to swapped Hondas and Nissans. I take pride in my rides so I usually go through everything and straighten them out. I actually prefer to do body work over mechanical work. Unfortunately I have to do both. I just didn't figure anyone would care about seeing pics of new spark plugs or anything like that.

Right now waiting to go on I have new plugs, fuel filter, front lower control arms and bushings. Plus Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and Powerstop ceramic pads. Rotors on the car are trashed. Still working on getting the engine bay up to par though.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #14
mjpgolf1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland Oh
Posts: 2,408
My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogls View Post
This is my first BMW. But I have done many other cars. Everything from muscle and classics to swapped Hondas and Nissans. I take pride in my rides so I usually go through everything and straighten them out. I actually prefer to do body work over mechanical work. Unfortunately I have to do both. I just didn't figure anyone would care about seeing pics of new spark plugs or anything like that.



Right now waiting to go on I have new plugs, fuel filter, front lower control arms and bushings. Plus Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and Powerstop ceramic pads. Rotors on the car are trashed. Still working on getting the engine bay up to par though.

As you probably know then every car is different and has their quirks. Our e46s, while great cars, have quite a few serious issues that if not addressed can leave an owner with one hell of a mess. If you haven't already, read through the stickies at the top of the general section. That way you can get an idea of what should be addressed and when. Unfortunately these aren't like a Honda or Nissan where you just do spark plugs and a fuel filter and you're good to go. I would strongly suggest putting an entire cooling system refresh on the top of your list as that is the #1 issue that leaves new owners with serious problems and expensive repairs.

Anyway, keep plugging away and doing your research. These are such great cars and are a lot of fun when running tip top. Good luck and have fun with your new ride.

Oh and absolutely we love to see pictures of maintenance items. The BMW community is always excited to see people properly maintaining an older car.
__________________
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #15
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
As you probably know then every car is different and has their quirks. Our e46s, while great cars, have quite a few serious issues that if not addressed can leave an owner with one hell of a mess. If you haven't already, read through the stickies at the top of the general section. That way you can get an idea of what should be addressed and when. Unfortunately these aren't like a Honda or Nissan where you just do spark plugs and a fuel filter and you're good to go. I would strongly suggest putting an entire cooling system refresh on the top of your list as that is the #1 issue that leaves new owners with serious problems and expensive repairs.

Anyway, keep plugging away and doing your research. These are such great cars and are a lot of fun when running tip top. Good luck and have fun with your new ride.

Oh and absolutely we love to see pictures of maintenance items. The BMW community is always excited to see people properly maintaining an older car.
Yeah I actually joined the forum when I decided to searching for one for the sole purpose of learning more. That is how I knew to look for the cracks in the rear. Good tips and the cooling system will be the next I tackle after I freshen the suspension up.
fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #16
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
When I bought my car I had noticed that the car looked like it had been in a minor collision in the front. The bumper wasn't lined up properly. Plus there is a dent underneath the kidney grilles that gives a clear indicator as well. Last Wednesday we decided to pull it on the rack in class and try to get it back in to place. All did not go so well. Once the pulling started the passenger side of the bumper came right off. Upon further inspection we found out that the passenger side bolt that goes through the bumper and the shock absorber was pulled out and never installed. Only the bolts to the inner fender plastics was holding my bumper on. I went to the local dealer and ordered a new bolt and shock absorber and we got it all fixed up. I also to a quick shot of my new brake set up. I also replaced the front lower control arms and rear bushings. No pics of those yet though.





fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #17
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Been a while since I have updated this and I have gotten a few things done. So here we go.

First off I installed an OEM alarm.






I also swapped out the hood roundel because mine was pretty rough.


fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #18
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
I then started on the suspension because I had some clunks. Found out my front ball joints were pretty worn so I swapped them out for some new complete lower arms from Moog and new control arm bushings from Dorman. I also swapped out my rear shocks. One of which I am pretty sure was an original on the car. I updated those with Bilstein shocks with Moog upper mounts and Bellows.




fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #19
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,377
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Not of the fan of the big wheels and red calipers, but other than that the car is clean
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #20
fogls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clio, MI
Posts: 23
My Ride: 93 Z71
Next up was some new brakes because my rotors looked pretty rough. I got a good deal on some Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors with Power Stop carbon fiber ceramic pads. While I was at it I figured I might as well paint the calipers.







fogls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use