E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
We hit it off, but things have cooled down... move on?

Hey guys, think this might be my first actual loveline thread!

So I started seeing this girl, we met online...

-1st date, we just grabbed a few drinks but really hit it off and those feelings were confirmed with a nice text she sent me when she got home.

-2nd date was also great... she's is a nurse and had just gotten off a 12 hour shift. We met up and saw The Town, which is really liked. After that, we went and grabbed a drink at a bar. I got up the guts and made a move... so we made out the entire time. We then rolled to an "after-hours" spot, as most bars in Seattle close at 2. Found a nice booth and continued...

-3rd date a few days later... we just went for a walk around the lake and grabbed some coffee. We then headed back to my place and watched Louis CK, which she also enjoyed. We also ended up hooking up that night... it was fun and I could tell she enjoyed it, but she seemed kind of distant when she left... maybe we rushed things a bit and she was suddenly feeling uncomfortable?

-We've talked since then and I invited her to a concert, she said she wanted to go, but had to work. I asked her yesterday, what her schedule looked like for the week and she hasn't replied.

So now I am not sure what to do. One of the biggest things I am currently trying to wrap my head around, is the degree to which a guy has to take the lead early on. I certainly understand that, but I have planned EVERY single rendezvous with her... maybe her coming out, despite being awake for a million hours or coming over to my place. is the sign that she really is interested, but she hasn't shown it in ANY other way... she hasn't texted saying, "crap I have to work tonight, but how about X night instead?"

Maybe has flat out lost interest, but I am wondering if it is worth it to try and get in touch with her one last time, so I can better know her intentions... I don't think that is a demonstration of higher value though? So is this a crap idea? If not, what should I say.. it'll probably be an email version... she doesn't like talking on the phone and texting would take too long

I'd appreciate your help guys, Smoak included haha

CLIFFS:
-1st date great
-2nd awesome
-3rd date great
-She seems kind of distant now
-What should I do?
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
The ball is on her court. If she doesn't respond, move on. Girls likes to chase as well so play hard to get to get her interest up

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Au2bahn

......,at this point DO NOT CALL, TEXT OR EMAIL.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
BIZ323

My Ride: Miyagi
Send a message via AIM to BIZ323
Yep, no contact, or employ the brad pitt rule, which is if you were brad pitt, she would be blowin your shitzz up. Its a play about value, who is higher, yours or hers?
BIZ323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
CMT247

true but it also sounded like she wanted to hang out this week...
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
nbarcelo

My Ride: German Engineering
Send a message via AIM to nbarcelo
If she's interested, she'll contact you, DON'T go chasing her. That usually draws a girl away.
95' BMW 318iC Boosted (sold)
nbarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Au2bahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
true but it also sounded like she wanted to hang out this week...

I think you're confused on wanting what you want to hear vs her answering the way she did just to buy herself some time until the day off when all of a sudden she doesnt feel good.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
CMT247

Here is the basic transcript...
-texted her the day after she was over.. Asked her to see a movie, she had plans, I said some other time, she said for sure.

Couple days go by... I text about the show. She wants to go but can't because of work... I say we should meet up another time... She said sure... I suggest Thursday night, then realize I can't then, suggest friday instead... No answer from her... So I text again asking what here schedule was... That was yesterday, no reply

I also suggested we meet after the show... Maybe she thought that meant a booty call... Which it didn't, but who knows what she was thinking... Ie, if she thought things were moving too fast, she might have been freaked by that suggestion.

Clearly I am fishing here and I don't think things will work out. But I would appreciate more opinions
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Hey guys, think this might be my first actual loveline thread!

So I started seeing this girl, we met online...

-1st date, we just grabbed a few drinks but really hit it off and those feelings were confirmed with a nice text she sent me when she got home.

Don't see anything wrong with the first date, was any kino (touch) taking place...

-2nd date was also great... she's is a nurse and had just gotten off a 12 hour shift. We met up and saw The Town, which is really liked. After that, we went and grabbed a drink at a bar. I got up the guts and made a move... so we made out the entire time. We then rolled to an "after-hours" spot, as most bars in Seattle close at 2. Found a nice booth and continued...

So basically after the movie you made out the entire night. This is bad in and of itself but even more so if no kino took place on the first date. You should've slowly build up on kino escalation, not just all of a sudden. There are three stages to courtship, attraction, comfort and seduction. The vast majority of your time should be spent in comfort. During comfort you should not be doing things she could equate to the beginnings of foreplay, save that for the seduction stage! To most women comfort kissing means no tongue and make out sessions lasting under a minute or so. Do more and you risk setting yourself up for buyers remorse. Women will in most cases NOT stop you if she is sufficiently attracted so it's important for you to lead, and for you to stop things when things get a little carried away!

-3rd date a few days later... we just went for a walk around the lake and grabbed some coffee. We then headed back to my place and watched Louis CK, which she also enjoyed. We also ended up hooking up that night... it was fun and I could tell she enjoyed it, but she seemed kind of distant when she left... maybe we rushed things a bit and she was suddenly feeling uncomfortable?

This sounded like a good date except for the hooking up part. Buyers remorse happens after the fact, not during or after it. The fact she seemed to enjoy it doesn't mean anything, it's how she responds after the fact that matters. You stating she was distant when leaving is a clear sign of buyers remorse. Oh and just a tip, sex is usually best done mid-date not towards the end of it. Ideally you want to spend just as much time in comfort after sex as you did before. This will decrease chances of buyers remorse. Another tip, introduce her to your room before having sex with her. On the first date for example, I would've had here come pick me up! Would've forgot something inside and told her to come in real quick while I get my (whatever I forgot). Show her the place quickly then leave and continue with the date. This will instill in here that the bedroom is more than just a place of fvcking. Comfort is key to preventing buyers remorse, and again, if a women is sufficiently attract she will usually not stop you, it's your job recognize when your moving to fast, and it's your job to slow it down. During courtship you should always be leading. It's said that the average time from meeting to sex should add up to a cumulative time of about seven hours, again, on average. Getting from the attraction to the comfort should really only take about a half hour. The rest will be spent in comfort. Another small tip I've found is being diverse in your kino escalation.

-We've talked since then and I invited her to a concert, she said she wanted to go, but had to work. I asked her yesterday, what her schedule looked like for the week and she hasn't replied.

Who initiated the "we've talked" conversation? How did the conversation go?

So now I am not sure what to do. One of the biggest things I am currently trying to wrap my head around, is the degree to which a guy has to take the lead early on. The male should technically ALWAYS be leading, either directly or indirectly but none the less, still leading. Especially early on until you've had sex a few times! After having established a stable relationship/whatever, you can occasionally let her lead but ideally you should always be leading. I certainly understand that, but I have planned EVERY single rendezvous with her... This is good but it doesn't really mean anything if you didn't plan it right. maybe her coming out, despite being awake for a million hours or coming over to my place. is the sign that she really is interested, Of course it's an indicator of interest (IOI). IOIs in and of themselves are useless however. You should use her IOIs to get her to invest, you do this through compliance tests. Wait… did she come over to your place after the 3rd date? but she hasn't shown it in ANY other way... she hasn't texted saying, "crap I have to work tonight, but how about X night instead?" Since when, the 3rd date?

Maybe has flat out lost interest, Women don't just flat out lose interest, you did something wrong. but I am wondering if it is worth it to try and get in touch with her one last time, You tell me. so I can better know her intentions... I don't think that is a demonstration of higher value though? If you were leading, her intentions wouldn't matter. Neither to you... or her! So is this a crap idea? If not, what should I say.. it'll probably be an email version... she doesn't like talking on the phone and texting would take too long Email is fine and actually a great form of communication for most guys as it gives them more time to reread and go over everything.

I'd appreciate your help guys, Smoak included haha

CLIFFS:
-1st date great
-2nd awesome
-3rd date great
-She seems kind of distant now
-What should I do?
Without having been there it's really hard to say, my best guess however is buyers remorse. That said, give some more details on everything that's happened after the 3rd date. How has she been acting/feeling since then? If it is buyers remorse than you need to fix it! Don't leave the ball in her court expecting her to fix it, because in doing so there will no longer be a ball/court... it'll be game over! You need to DHV/IOI/SOI (statement of interest), DHVing being the most important. They should comfort her. Give some more details first though, you didn't really describe to much after the third date so it's hard to say were to start.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #10
Au2bahn

Quote:
suggest friday instead... No answer from her... So I text again asking what here schedule was... That was yesterday, no reply
Read through these lines. This is your key to move on.

Trust me, if a girl is interested, you will know. They will do weird things to get your attention. Thats why the more you ignore them, the more they become curious if they are slightly interested in the first place.

Its the situation now but reversed. She's ignoring you and your more interested than ever. hmmmm. That's why as a single person, always have women lined up. and you will not give off that vibe of being desperate.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #11
CRSmoak

Quote:
Here is the basic transcript...
-texted her the day after she was over.. Asked her to see a movie, she had plans, I said some other time, she said for sure.

Couple days go by... I text about the show. She wants to go but can't because of work... I say we should meet up another time... She said sure... I suggest Thursday night, then realize I can't then, suggest friday instead... No answer from her... So I text again asking what here schedule was... That was yesterday, no reply

I also suggested we meet after the show... Maybe she thought that meant a booty call... Which it didn't, but who knows what she was thinking... Ie, if she thought things were moving too fast, she might have been freaked by that suggestion.

Clearly I am fishing here and I don't think things will work out. But I would appreciate more opinions
Assuming buyers remorse, you went about it all wrong. You need to take responsibility for what happened, you need to DHV and you need to comfort her... IOIs, SOIs. I don't have much experience in damage control relating to buyers remorse. Actually none, but here's a quick example of an email I would've/would send...

"Listen, I realize I'm kinda reaching for straws here with all the recent texts... I just wanna make it up to you, that's all. I know I kinda rushed things and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. Just know that I do genuinely like you so hopefully we can start over. Maybe I could take you on some sorta "fun date", no expectations, just something to make it up to you? =)"

"Listen, (DHV) I realize I'm kinda reaching for straws here with all the recent texts (DHV/IOI)... I just wanna make it up to you, thats all. (IOI) I know I kinda rushed things and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. (DHV/IOI) I just want you to know that I do genuinely like you so hopefully we can start over. (SOI/IOI/COMPLIANCE TEST) Maybe I could take you on some sorta "fun date", no expectations, just something to make it up to you? =)" (IOI/COMPLIANCE TEST)

Please note though, if it ISN'T buyers remorse and you should honestly know better than me seeing as you were actually there... then ignore everything I just wrote lol.

If it isn't buyers remorse then maybe she's really just busy or something. Wait a few days and if she doesn't contact you then send her a random humorous DHV story, end it by IODing and giving some sort of compliance test.

How to create a DHV story...

Write down something that happened recently, something funny, or crazy or whatever. Then strip the story down to it's bare essentials, keep the most interesting parts but also leave some things unanswered... make it easy for her to respond with questions. After you've written down a story and stripped it, start adding some DHV spikes to the story. For example if you say my friend told me he blah blah blah, make is she instead. Humor is also a big DHV spike as it demonstrates not taking things to seriously, not being to effected by things and etcetera. Look over it to make sure nothing comes off reaction seeking, or as if your bragging.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #12
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
I'd say she thinks you two are moving too fast, but she is just telling you indirectly.

Last edited by nikkeiS2K; 10-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.
nikkeiS2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 AM   #13
CMT247

Hey Smoak, so I don't know how to quote within a quote, so I will answer your questions as clearly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Don't see anything wrong with the first date, was any kino (touch) taking place...
Okay, first date, the place we went to was a nice and dark/chill place, but it was busy, so we sat across from each other. We were there for about 2 hours and no kino during that time. I walked her to her car and we hugged. I hugged her snugly but she ran her hands up and down my side... ie more than a polite hug for her. We left it at that. I texted a half hour later to make sure she got home... she said yes and said she enjoyed meeting me and that I was “much sexier in person"... "Not that my photos were bad," as she said. I fired back and said I thought she was even more cute in person and that we needed to meet up soon... she agreed.

Quote:
So basically after the movie you made out the entire night. This is bad in and of itself but even more so if no kino took place on the first date. You should've slowly build up on kino escalation, not just all of a sudden. There are three stages to courtship, attraction, comfort and seduction. The vast majority of your time should be spent in comfort. During comfort you should not be doing things she could equate to the beginnings of foreplay, save that for the seduction stage! To most women comfort kissing means no tongue and make out sessions lasting under a minute or so. Do more and you risk setting yourself up for buyers remorse. Women will in most cases NOT stop you if she is sufficiently attracted so it's important for you to lead, and for you to stop things when things get a little carried away!
Okay, yeah we talked back and forth a lot, but basically made out the entire time. I would argue that a little kino took place on the first date. During the movie, I had my hand on her leg, running it back and forth the entire time. She in turn, ran her hand lightly up and down my arm. Mutual kino?

I made a move at the first place after the movie…We definitely used tongue… she started, I waited to kind of see how far she wanted to go and then followed with tongue too. She was really into it, but I suggested we roll to an after-hours spot, so we did. The kissing continued at that spot for an hour and then I suggested we call it a night… she agreed. To be honest, the vibe I was getting… I probably could have taken her home. Honestly, that last bit worries me… I am not looking for a booty call. So did I stop her enough by calling it a night?

Quote:
This sounded like a good date except for the hooking up part. Buyers remorse happens after the fact, not during or after it. The fact she seemed to enjoy it doesn't mean anything, it's how she responds after the fact that matters. You stating she was distant when leaving is a clear sign of buyers remorse. Oh and just a tip, sex is usually best done mid-date not towards the end of it. Ideally you want to spend just as much time in comfort after sex as you did before. This will decrease chances of buyers remorse. Another tip, introduce her to your room before having sex with her. On the first date for example, I would've had here come pick me up! Would've forgot something inside and told her to come in real quick while I get my (whatever I forgot). Show her the place quickly then leave and continue with the date. This will instill in here that the bedroom is more than just a place of fvcking. Comfort is key to preventing buyers remorse, and again, if a women is sufficiently attract she will usually not stop you, it's your job recognize when your moving to fast, and it's your job to slow it down. During courtship you should always be leading. It's said that the average time from meeting to sex should add up to a cumulative time of about seven hours, again, on average. Getting from the attraction to the comfort should really only take about a half hour. The rest will be spent in comfort. Another small tip I've found is being diverse in your kino escalation.
I agree on the sex at mid date part which I blew… walk, coffee, and Louis CK in full, I then put on another movie and we slowly went at it. Maybe I should have done it differently. I definitely effed it on the comfort area, I am house sitting and simply had her come over to my place after our walk. I asked her if she wanted to watch CK at her place, but she said mine was fine… mistake perhaps on my part? Didn’t I give her a comfort option by offering that?

Quote:
Wait… did she come over to your place after the 3rd date?
Yes, after the third date, which was a little one… just a brief walk at the lake (I asked her to run, but she thought I would dominate her too much haha). This was followed by coffee, at a nice shop next to the water. She went back to her place briefly and then came over to mine.

Okay so, post third date/end of third date… the biggest thing… she didn’t kiss me as hard as she had before… lips only, no tongue… and I kind of tested her to see. Previously, I always reached for her fingers and she’d open them up and “envelope” mine. She was all about the hands, but “after” she was not…we basically watched the rest of the movie in silence. We were spooned on the couch but her hands were “closed.” I actually slipped my hands between her legs, to see what she would do, she was wet, but after a few seconds, she excused herself to the bathroom… I didn’t try anything after that. The hand thing was odd to me and I almost said something to her about it. I guess that is how we have “connected” over these last few weeks… she likes my hands, I like hers… these are self-proclaimed feelings.

So again, after that third meet, I kind of gave her some space. I did text her, a half-hour after she left my place, to make sure she got home okay, to which she replied “yup; gnight.” That was Thursday night I think. I text her the next day, to see if she wanted to see Inception, as she really wanted to, but had not seen it. Her reply, “meeting up with some work friends, thanks though.” My reply, “cool, some other time?” Her, “sure.”

Two days go by. Me, “Hey you want to go see Miike Snow?” Her, “who is that?” Me, “a musician, blah blah blah, techno/hip hop, pretty cool sound.” Her, “Sounds cool but I have to work.” Me, “I hear ya, maybe we can meet up some other time?” Her, “Sounds good, wish I could have seen Snow though.”

Next day, me, “hey you want to meet up after the show or Thursday night?” No reply. Five hours later, me, “actually, scratch that, I need to pick my aunt up at the airport Thursday night.” No replay. Three hours later, me, “what is your work schedule for the rest of the week?” No reply.

It’s now officially Thursday, I will start drafting an email to her as I think this is a good way to go… I will post it on here for confirmation, before sending it. Thanks again for your help guys, especially Smoak, I like this girl and that is saying a lot… most people annoy me.

Last edited by CMT247; 10-14-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #14
CMT247

Okay so here is my POTENTIAL email...

Hey, so I got to be straight and to the point as much as possible right now… my thoughts are kind of cluttered, and I know I am kind of reaching for straws here with my recent texts. You seemed uncomfortable when we said goodbye, when leaving my place last week… we both felt it. I started to wonder if maybe we moved too fast... So, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. I just want you to know, you are more than just a pretty girl to me... the work you do at Children’s Hospital; your goofy side with the standup you like to watch; your travels and perspective - as a result of your pop’s career; and finally, your willingness to explore the city, despite coming off a 12-hour shift are some amazing qualities. So, hopefully we can start over, maybe we can do something completely random and fun, no expectations, just something to make it up to you? I have a very strong urge to make fun of some monkeys at the zoo… what do you think?

I am kind of blasted right now, so I might have to edit this more later for grammar, etc. Thoughts?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #15
Many330i

My Ride: 330i ZHP Silver
dude, you didn't do well in the sack - move on!
Many330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #16
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
had this happen once, only all in one night, she later confessed weeks later after i basically stopped chasing her, that she feels guilty for giving the pu$$y up so soon.

b1tches are dumb dude, ur still interested yet she feels bad... whatever, id move on, cause she prolly wont get over it.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #17
CMT247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many330i View Post
dude, you didn't do well in the sack - move on!
haha, na man, I don't think it's that.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #18
CRSmoak

Quote:
Hey Smoak, so I don't know how to quote within a quote, so I will answer your questions as clearly as possible.

Okay, first date, the place we went to was a nice and dark/chill place, but it was busy, so we sat across from each other. We were there for about 2 hours and no kino during that time. I walked her to her car and we hugged. I hugged her snugly but she ran her hands up and down my side... ie more than a polite hug for her. We left it at that. I texted a half hour later to make sure she got home... she said yes and said she enjoyed meeting me and that I was "much sexier in person"... "Not that my photos were bad," as she said. I fired back and said I thought she was even more cute in person and that we needed to meet up soon... she agreed.

Okay, yeah we talked back and forth a lot, but basically made out the entire time. I would argue that a little kino took place on the first date. During the movie, I had my hand on her leg, running it back and forth the entire time. She in turn, ran her hand lightly up and down my arm. Mutual kino?

I made a move at the first place after the movie...We definitely used tongue... she started, I waited to kind of see how far she wanted to go and then followed with tongue too. She was really into it, but I suggested we roll to an after-hours spot, so we did. The kissing continued at that spot for an hour and then I suggested we call it a night... she agreed. To be honest, the vibe I was getting... I probably could have taken her home. Honestly, that last bit worries me... I am not looking for a booty call. So did I stop her enough by calling it a night?

I agree on the sex at mid date part which I blew... walk, coffee, and Louis CK in full, I then put on another movie and we slowly went at it. Maybe I should have done it differently. I definitely effed it on the comfort area, I am house sitting and simply had her come over to my place after our walk. I asked her if she wanted to watch CK at her place, but she said mine was fine... mistake perhaps on my part? Didn't I give her a comfort option by offering that?

Yes, after the third date, which was a little one... just a brief walk at the lake (I asked her to run, but she thought I would dominate her too much haha). This was followed by coffee, at a nice shop next to the water. She went back to her place briefly and then came over to mine.

Okay so, post third date/end of third date... the biggest thing... she didn't kiss me as hard as she had before... lips only, no tongue... and I kind of tested her to see. Previously, I always reached for her fingers and she'd open them up and "envelope" mine. She was all about the hands, but "after" she was not...we basically watched the rest of the movie in silence. We were spooned on the couch but her hands were "closed." I actually slipped my hands between her legs, to see what she would do, she was wet, but after a few seconds, she excused herself to the bathroom... I didn't try anything after that. The hand thing was odd to me and I almost said something to her about it. I guess that is how we have "connected" over these last few weeks... she likes my hands, I like hers... these are self-proclaimed feelings.

So again, after that third meet, I kind of gave her some space. I did text her, a half-hour after she left my place, to make sure she got home okay, to which she replied "yup; gnight." That was Thursday night I think. I text her the next day, to see if she wanted to see Inception, as she really wanted to, but had not seen it. Her reply, "meeting up with some work friends, thanks though." My reply, "cool, some other time?" Her, "sure."

Two days go by. Me, "Hey you want to go see Miike Snow?" Her, "who is that?" Me, "a musician, blah blah blah, techno/hip hop, pretty cool sound." Her, "Sounds cool but I have to work." Me, "I hear ya, maybe we can meet up some other time?" Her, "Sounds good, wish I could have seen Snow though."

Next day, me, "hey you want to meet up after the show or Thursday night?" No reply. Five hours later, me, "actually, scratch that, I need to pick my aunt up at the airport Thursday night." No replay. Three hours later, me, "what is your work schedule for the rest of the week?" No reply.

It's now officially Thursday, I will start drafting an email to her as I think this is a good way to go... I will post it on here for confirmation, before sending it. Thanks again for your help guys, especially Smoak, I like this girl and that is saying a lot... most people annoy me.
Quote:
Okay so here is my POTENTIAL email...

Hey, so I got to be straight and to the point as much as possible right now... my thoughts are kind of cluttered, and I know I am kind of reaching for straws here with my recent texts. You seemed uncomfortable when we said goodbye, when leaving my place last week... we both felt it. I started to wonder if maybe we moved too fast... So, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. I just want you to know, you are more than just a pretty girl to me... the work you do at Children's Hospital; your goofy side with the standup you like to watch; your travels and perspective - as a result of your pop's career; and finally, your willingness to explore the city, despite coming off a 12-hour shift are some amazing qualities. So, hopefully we can start over, maybe we can do something completely random and fun, no expectations, just something to make it up to you? I have a very strong urge to make fun of some monkeys at the zoo... what do you think?

I am kind of blasted right now, so I might have to edit this more later for grammar, etc. Thoughts?
Hmm... it's still hard for me to be sure if it's buyers remorse. I'm thinking maybe it's only a light case of buyers remorse. The fact that she replied, "who is that?" and "Sounds good, wish I could have seen Snow though." is a little confusing as they are IOIs. Women who have buyers remorse to my knowledge don't give such direct IOIs, again though, I don't have much experience with buyers remorse.

" No replay. Three hours later, me, "what is your work schedule for the rest of the week?" No reply. " I would've probably waited till the next day to send this one BUT I would've added a DHV to it. Just because you got laid does not mean you should get lazy. You asking her for her work schedule is you giving her a compliance test. You should still usually be DHVing before giving them, it's only been three dates after all. This is really just a tip for next time but anyway, here's an example...

"Lol, you will not believe what happened at the airport! (insert DHV story), lol.

But anyway, when can I see you again?"

This is assuming I didn't suspect buyers remorse however. The moment you felt resistance, on the couch with the hands is when you should've pretty much said what you wrote in your email draft above. Again, this is just a tip for next time though, learn from your mistakes!

As for what to do now... it depends. Do you think it's buyers remorse, do you think you've made things uncomfortable for her, do you think you put too much on her shoulders (weren't leading enough)? The email is good, but if she truly doesn't have buyers remorse it could be a DLV as you'll be coming of a bit needy and try hard, though it does show a willingness to emote which is a DHV. Honestly I would wait a day, maybe two (she could just be busy) and then send it. In the end I would guess it has a lot more potential to do good than harm. It's much easier to recover from a DLV than it is to recover from buyers remorse, hence my reasoning.

Also, while email is fine, saying what you wrote in person, through video chat or over the phone would be better. Just another tip, but either way...

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-14-2010 at 01:44 PM.
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #19
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
CRS is the man, love your posts... hahaha
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
you said you met online. are you talking about a match.com type of site for dating? if so, know that she may very well be going on many dates a week and may be involved with someone who she feels a stronger connection with. she is perhaps keeping contact with you as an option if another connection doesn't pan out. just relax and let things play out. don't seem needy and desperate.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote