E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #81
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post

I have no idea who youre talking about... I think what we have here is a major failure to communicate. I thought you were saying you were going to ban yourself cause you couldnt put up with this character anymore, so I was just pointing out it was possible. Feia303 banned himself... who knows why though

I am quite curious now though to know who your talking about and what they did that was so bad

Also @ you insinuating I might be transgendered
Drew,

No insinuation at all...just saying, I'm cool with everyone for who they 'are,' but not necessarily for what they do (prolly also confusing).

And the person I mean is GoingNuts our General forum's troll...who has some issue with me...and I have been insinuating stuff about him...but really not you. Kalim will explain that I'm hard to understand sometimes...but sadly for him, he seems to manage with my vernacular and incredibly long-winded prose more than most.

So Feia had himself banned? Interesting? Was he bad? I don't 'know' him per se, but for some reason, I'm thinking I liked his sig file better than most...must have had a girl in it I thought was cute!

I've been reluctant to write GoingNuts, coz I know he searches for himself often...obviously enamored of any attention, and has found he can only get it by being...well...himself!

Just wait...shouldn't be long for him to appear here and leave something on Kalim's garage floor!

I'm going to bed...so night CA guys! Don't stay up too late...you have stuff to do tomorrow!

Oh, Drew, reread and now understand why you thought insinuation...I used the "you" as in the 'royal you'...should have used the word "one." Bygones! Have always laughed at your posts when I see them, so am totally okay with you...just not that guy/gal from London...and not because of his/her gender equality, but because of his/her posts!

Doug

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 10-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #82
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by skang330 View Post
Sick
Thanks!

Quote:
Oh hai... is this the new NGC?
No, stop littering in my garage (thread).

j/k, you're as welcome in here as you are in my garage, but help me keep it on topic, please? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Drew,

No insinuation at all...just saying, I'm cool with everyone for who they 'are,' but not necessarily for what they do (prolly also confusing).

And the person I mean is GoingNuts our General forum's troll...who has some issue with me...and I have been insinuating stuff about him...but really not you. Kalim will explain that I'm hard to understand sometimes...but sadly for him, he seems to manage with my vernacular and incredibly long-winded prose more than most.

So Feia had himself banned? Interesting? Was he bad? I don't 'know' him per se, but for some reason, I'm thinking I liked his sig file better than most...must have had a girl in it I thought was cute!

I've been reluctant to write GoingNuts, coz I know he searches for himself often...obviously enamored of any attention, and has found he can only get it by being...well...himself!

Just wait...shouldn't be long for him to appear here and leave something on Kalim's garage floor!

I'm going to bed...so night CA guys! Don't stay up too late...you have stuff to do tomorrow!

Oh, Drew, reread and now understand why you thought insinuation...I used the "you" as in the 'royal you'...should have used the word "one." Bygones! Have always laughed at your posts when I see them, so am totally okay with you...just not that guy/gal from London...and not because of his/her gender equality, but because of his/her posts!

Doug
Doug, I've been thinking about what makes it possible for us to understand each other and here's a though: maybe it's because we're both from the same side of the country and have had some of the same "good stuff," and by "good stuff" I mean we've been exposed to the Hudson River at some point which irreversibly transformed our brains. Think Peter Parker getting bitten by a radioactive spider, though he was on the other side of the river of course in Forest Hills. Anyway, do you maybe remember waking up in a daze after an ill-advised dip in the river? Just curious...

Btw, I think feia0303 had Katy Perry in his/her/its sig. We're not really sure about feia, either. Some say he, some say she, some say it's one of my alter egos that came about to alleviate some of the boredom in the Norcal chat thread. Feia might be one of The Stig's cousins for all I know. In any case, we tolerate him/her/it just fine.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #83
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Back on topic, dremel tool has been acquired. Thanks, Ervin! Will hopefully get on that install tomorrow.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #84
dmax

Although I haven't been in the Hudson, that I can recall...I have been in the Delaware. But also, last time I took my son skating in Jersey City, I met a guy who was going for a dip in the Hudson and after a brief chat, I shook his hand...so that might have been it.

I've also, frankly wondered about posters here having alternate identities here...and suspect Stig would have one for when he/she/it has a car issue that he/she/it is too embarrassed to admit might be the result of his/her/its odd philosophy of car 'non-maintenance.'

D

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #85
cyberkaa

I've driven on the bridge over the Delaware many times and GW also took a dip a while back only to became the first president, so it can't have been all bad. The hand-shaking with the Hudson River swimmer must have done it. I hear that's how most Aquatic Infections, Diseases, and Strangeness (AIDS) are spread. :/

I wonder what other alter egos there are running around. You don't think he/she/it is an alter ego of yours, do you? I think I'm up to 13 or so now, but I only found out about 8 or 9 of them. The rest I can't be sure about.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #86
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Suffice to say condition-based maintenance poses too great an intellectual challenge for seminar runners. To them more BS produced per hour is the height of productivity. Like all things in life, some are endowed with larger assets than others. Have you considered some egoes are too large to accomodate/need alter-egos ? Keep drinking that river water. By chance, it might riase your IQ to a level to allow you to see greater horizons.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #87
cyberkaa

Small egos are good, as are large eggos so long as they still fit in the toaster.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #88
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Thanks!

No, stop littering in my garage (thread).

j/k, you're as welcome in here as you are in my garage, but help me keep it on topic, please? Thanks.

Btw, I think feia0303 had Katy Perry in his/her/its sig. We're not really sure about feia, either. Some say he, some say she, some say it's one of my alter egos that came about to alleviate some of the boredom in the Norcal chat thread. Feia might be one of The Stig's cousins for all I know. In any case, we tolerate him/her/it just fine.
Sorry KyKy Ill stay on topic

What or whoever it is... Feia is missed

Quote:
Drew,

Doug
No worries I knew what you were saying, I just thought it was funny. Ever if you were saying that I was transgender I wouldnt really care. Im pretty easy going

Yeah Feia banned himself and we miss him everyday from NGC

I understand about the whole posting names thing... we can see how that went. I had a similar situation with a quite notorious member a while ago... Think noob destroyer

Anyways back on topic now so Kalim doesnt get so mad I never get to go to his garage again That would be tragic
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #89
cyberkaa

Thanks, Drew.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #90
dmax

Quote:
Sorry KyKy Ill stay on topic

What or whoever it is... Feia is missed

No worries I knew what you were saying, I just thought it was funny. Ever if you were saying that I was transgender I wouldnt really care. Im pretty easy going

Yeah Feia banned himself and we miss him everyday from NGC

I understand about the whole posting names thing... we can see how that went. I had a similar situation with a quite notorious member a while ago... Think noob destroyer

Anyways back on topic now so Kalim doesnt get so mad I never get to go to his garage again That would be tragic
What was the topic again? The ultimate garage makeover?

Large toasters? You know, we have a toaster oven that would fit large egos. In London, think they just put their heads real close to microwave ovens.

Yea, see, I told you...he searches for himself...and I'm sorry he found your thread Kalim...but I didn't want Drew feeling attacked...even though I 'sort of knew' that he 'sort of knew' that I'm not the sort to do that.

Anyway, I've got an idea that I think could be a winner and bring us all together...keep on the lookout for it and please...contribute guys...know you have it in you!

D

A recent set

Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #91
cyberkaa

Quote:

Large toasters? You know, we have a toaster oven that would fit large egos. In London, think they just put their heads real close to microwave ovens.

Yea, see, I told you...he searches for himself...and I'm sorry he found your thread Kalim...but I didn't want Drew feeling attacked...even though I 'sort of knew' that he 'sort of knew' that I'm not the sort to do that.

Anyway, I've got an idea that I think could be a winner and bring us all together...keep on the lookout for it and please...contribute guys...know you have it in you!

D
That wasn't the topic, but I've been thinking about it. I'm renting the house and garage, but the owner is friendly to improvements (and will let me take it out of the rent, too!), so I'm considering ways to improve the lighting and maybe finishing the walls as well. The lighting is abysmal right now (3 incandescent bulbs) and the garage has unfinished, bare wooden walls and ceiling.

Another problem will be heating and ventilation. It's already starting to get uncomfortable in the evenings. Maybe a large toaster would solve the warmth problem. Not sure what to do about ventilation, though. Perhaps a couple of exhaust fans installed into the walls would give some cross-ventilation? I don't have much experience designing garages, haha.

I'll stay tuned for the group hug or whatever it is you have planned!

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #92
dmax

Kalim...

First on the lighting...go to hardware store, buy a "Y" socket...you screw it into the current single bulb socket...and you get two new sockets...doubling your lighting in about 5 mins and about $10 including higher wattage bulbs. You might even switch to flood lights...as in something in an R30 halogen bulb...which will also generate a bit of heat.

The "Y" socket is prolly rated for about 500W...but check it. But, just remember to turn the lights off when you're done. That, and if you check HD, you can also buy 'painters' task lighting stands for not too much.

One window fan blowing out with the other window open should not only give you good ventilation and cooling, but will suck all the fumes out and help you keep this thread alive even longer!

Not quite a group hug that I have planned...but close...(you happen to have a link to the lyrics of Koombyah?)

D

A recent set

Old 10-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #93
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

D
I didnt sort of know you werent attacking me... I fully knew.

Kalim, why not just throw up a fan in that back window. When the garage door is open it should move enough air through it
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #94
cyberkaa

Quote:
Kalim...

First on the lighting...go to hardware store, buy a "Y" socket...you screw it into the current single bulb socket...and you get two new sockets...doubling your lighting in about 5 mins and about $10 including higher wattage bulbs. You might even switch to flood lights...as in something in an R30 halogen bulb...which will also generate a bit of heat.

The "Y" socket is prolly rated for about 500W...but check it. But, just remember to turn the lights off when you're done. That, and if you check HD, you can also buy 'painters' task lighting stands for not too much.

One window fan blowing out with the other window open should not only give you good ventilation and cooling, but will suck all the fumes out and help you keep this thread alive even longer!

Not quite a group hug that I have planned...but close...(you happen to have a link to the lyrics of Koombyah?)

D
All good ideas, Doug. Much appreciated!

The y-socket idea is one I've been thinking about, though placement of the sockets is another problem. I have two sockets at the far end of the garage, one towards the left, one towards the right. I guess the intent was to illuminate the workbench that was constructed there. The third fixture is right in the middle of the garage. Besides that, I have a single standard electrical outlet for the whole garage that also comes down right in the center. It was intended to be used for the garage door opener. There's a 220V outlet, too (lucky me!), but I don't use it.

I don't want to ghetto rig the wiring using extension cords, but I'd like to get a couple more outlets. The air compressor is 15A and doesn't play nice with extension cords anyway.

I also want more even lighting, so it'd be nice to get a bulb over the right side workbench and one towards the front of the garage as well.

Will have to experiment with the windows. No screens and I haven't tried opening them yet. They look like they're ready to fall apart. This place is post WWII-era old.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #95
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Maybe a large toaster would solve the warmth problem.
No need. Just get dmax to do one of his seminars with all the noobs huddled together holding hands and talking about the virtue of random and unnecessary 'preventative' car fixes. The hot air he pumps out will warm the place up in no time. The only thing you need to look out for is the place doesn't get too hot and catch fire.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #96
cyberkaa

Quote:
I didnt sort of know you werent attacking me... I fully knew.

Kalim, why not just throw up a fan in that back window. When the garage door is open it should move enough air through it
How about when the garage door is closed?

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #97
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNuts View Post
No need. Just get dmax to do one of his seminars with all the noobs huddled together holding hands and talking about the virtue of random and unnecessary 'preventative' car fixes. The hot air he pumps out will warm the place up in no time. The only thing you need to look out for is the place doesn't get too hot and catch fire.
Thanks for the input! I'd love to have dmax over and he's even threatened to at least once, so fingers crossed!

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #98
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
How about when the garage door is closed?
quit poking holes in my solution... besides I never work with the garage closed
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #99
dmax

Quote:
All good ideas, Doug. Much appreciated!

The y-socket idea is one I've been thinking about, though placement of the sockets is another problem. I have two sockets at the far end of the garage, one towards the left, one towards the right. I guess the intent was to illuminate the workbench that was constructed there. The third fixture is right in the middle of the garage. Besides that, I have a single standard electrical outlet for the whole garage that also comes down right in the center. It was intended to be used for the garage door opener. There's a 220V outlet, too (lucky me!), but I don't use it.

I don't want to ghetto rig the wiring using extension cords, but I'd like to get a couple more outlets. The air compressor is 15A and doesn't play nice with extension cords anyway.

I also want more even lighting, so it'd be nice to get a bulb over the right side workbench and one towards the front of the garage as well.

Will have to experiment with the windows. No screens and I haven't tried opening them yet. They look like they're ready to fall apart. This place is post WWII-era old.
You at all good with non-auto electrical stuff...not too tough if you 'need' a non-ghetto solution.

You can also take one of the 'y' sockets and screw in a fitting that gives you a plug (non-grounded)...slightly ghetto...but easy and it works.

Throw the breaker and see how much more voltage you can handle on that circuit.

Also, you sure that's a 220 amp outlet and not just a 20-amp circuit? The 20-amp outlet will have one of the slots looking like a sideways "T" as opposed to just a straight slot. 220 is a monster outlet...with large diagonally-oriented slots on the top...just in case you didn't know.

You might also just pull off one of those crappy $5 porcelain bulb fixtures that I bet you have, and wire up a real light...flush mount flourescent gives tons of light...though the ambiance isn't quite right for my hot seminar...prefer something in a magenta for that...but can bring some gels to help set the mood.

Also, you could prolly trade some of your auto working skills and get a real electrician to give you the lights and power you want.

A recent set

Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #100
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
You at all good with non-auto electrical stuff...not too tough if you 'need' a non-ghetto solution.
Kalim, if you need im willing to provide the "ghetto" solution

Cause thats just how I roll

Tags
epic