E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
imDerpz

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Ben's TiAg 330xi Journal

After searching for a good six months I finally came across a clean 330xi with low miles on it (58,000). Although I was hoping to find one in Alpine White or Orient Blue I was more than pleased to settle for my third favorite colour because it had black interior, sports package and xenon headlights.

Here is how the car sits as of today. Sorry for the image quality I will get some better pictures in the next couple of days with a real camera.

But lets go back in time a little. When I got the car in October it was completely stock except for some heavy tint. Here are a couple of pictures from the first "photoshoot" I did with the car.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
imDerpz

The first change I made to the car was installing Weisslicht Angel Eyes which you can see in my signature. I also did not like at all how the interior looked; I thought it looked outdated and extremely bland due to the woodgrain. I have always liked the look and feel of suede and so I did some looking around and found Coby Wheel which much to my luck was located just south of Atlanta. Mike had a deal where I could buy a M3 steering wheel wrapped for only $200. I also picked up a carbon fiber vinyl wrapped lower steering wheel trim piece for $65 from a forum member. Just a updated wheel would not be enough though, I went ahead and bought Red Alcantara Wrapped Trim Pieces, E brake, Red Stitched shifter boot, and e brake boot.

Installing the wheel.

Once all installed I absolutely loved the look.

Also bought a Euro Tray

Not only did the wheel look 100x better than the old wheel it also is thicker and feels much better to drive and did not get extremely cold in the winter. If anyone is on the edge about upgrading to an m3 wheel I would highly recommend it. I can also vouch for Coby Wheel; Mike does some amazing work. The only problem which you probably noticed in the pictures is that the door trim and trim around the shifter are wrapped in a grey suede. Before I got work done by Mike I had tried to wrap the trim myself which came out ok but not great. Since those pictures were taken I have rewrapped the trim around the shifter in a carbon fiber vinyl which looks much better and later this summer I am going to send the door trim pieces to Mike to get wrapped in the red Alcantara to match the rest of the car. I also have a new shifter coming in later this week which will be black leather and not clash as much as the old woodgrain one.

Last edited by imDerpz; 07-04-2014 at 01:58 PM.
imDerpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Looks good man

Here are my critiques;

- Get black trim clear corners and clear side markers (OEM)
- Wheels not really feeling them but they're ok
- Get some aluminum pedals (oem or dinan) to spruce up the interior
- Get OEM black leather shift knob
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Looks good man

Here are my critiques;

- Get black trim clear corners and clear side markers (OEM)
- Wheels not really feeling them but they're ok
- Get some aluminum pedals (oem or dinan) to spruce up the interior
- Get OEM black leather shift knob
Thanks for the advice. Clear corners with black edges are coming in the mail right now aswell as the OEM black leather shift knob. Aluminum pedals might be in the near future. I am also not 100% sure about the color of the wheels but I will explain that in a post later today.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
you got it at the mileage interval where you have to swap out the entire cooling system and re-do the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
330performance

My Ride: the evil-diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
you got it at the mileage interval where you have to swap out the entire cooling system and re-do the suspension.
none of that matters when you have red suede and a racing inspired steering wheel on your slush box 330xi...
330performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler12345 View Post
I am now at 64,500 miles. The cooling system was taken care of 2000 miles ago. The suspension is one of the next things that I want to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330performance View Post
none of that matters when you have red suede and a racing inspired steering wheel on your slush box 330xi...
If you love the steering wheel wait til you see my race inspired PVC roll cage that I'm installing next week.

In all seriousness though I understand that not everybody will like my interior but by no means I am trying to make my car into a racecar; just trying to update the interior look.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
imDerpz

Back in April I purchased a roof rack as I am moving out to Colorado in August and will be using it for skiing. Nothing special just a full Yakima system. At the same time I bought LED Tails. I think they make a huge difference from amber and give the car a more updated look.

Next thing I wanted to work on was wheels. I really like the look of Style 67's and also was able to pick up a set for an amazing deal. I was not done though since I have an XI and have to run a square setup. Luckily I was able to pick up two more rears from a forum member. My problem now was that the two rears I got from the forum member were in pretty much perfect condition but the paint on the other set was pretty bad. I decided to get the paint stripped off of them and I would plastidip them for the time being until I can afford to get them powdercoated. Before I started my paint project though I test fitted the two wheels that were in good condition to make sure that every fit ok.

I absolutely loved the fitment of the wheels. Just need suspension now and it will be I also really liked the color of the wheels at the point but had to dip over them so all four wheels could match. Eventually I will go back to this a colour similar to this this but for the time being plastidip will have to do.

As you can see all the paint was stripped off of the two wheels that paint was in bad condition. Here is the first coat.

Added two more coats of black then a light coat of the Metallizer so it would not be completely flat. I highly reconmend the metallizer to anybody plastidipping wheels. In my opinion it makes it look much better than just black.

The finished product.

Tags
330xi, e46, sedan