E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Rainz

My Ride: 2001 330i
330i Sedan Down Under (Way Under)

This is my one and only thread showing my mods. There won't me any more because I'm done modding.

When I bought the car, it looked pretty good except that the previous owner was vertically challenged and appears to have driven into every pavement she could find, but the car still looked good for a 2001 model.

I decided to change just one small thing to update the look of the car. I got some chrome front indicators and the moment I fitted them, I knew it was a big mistake. No self respecting E46 fan would be seen dead driving down the road with these fitted, so I took them off and decided to get serious.

So I bought some clear side indicators and Angel Eyes from Khoalty. I was a little apprehensive splicing into cables etc. because I am no mechanic, but by following the step-by-step instructions, I managed to get away with a win. The mods looked good, the car looked great and it was time to stop modding.

For some reason, those silver kidneys kept me awake at night. They just didn't seem right. I was pragmatic about it and decided to cure my insomnia by getting a nice pair of black kidneys. OK, so now I can sleep and I'm done with the modding.

Then I thought to myself, a rear spoiler is cheap and it finishes the car off nicely, so I'll get this and then I'll be done.

So I was happy with the car and I was done modding, but there remained the issue with those curb damaged wheels. I could have them fixed professionally, but that would rob me of the opportunity for a little DIY. The problem with fixing the wheels is that it takes a bit of time and I needed to be able to drive while I'm doing that. The logical conclusion was to buy another set of wheels so that I could still use the car. This is not modding, its just common sense. Some nice wheels from an E90 did the trick.

So I'm finally done modding! Nothing left to do. Now my car looks like this.

Because I'm no longer modding I thought it would be a great time to clean the garage and as luck would have it, I found an M-tech II front bumper in my garage. I have no idea where it came from and I told my wife that. She did not believe me and I was offended. Oh well, it would seem like an awful waste not to fit it...

Last edited by Rainz; 08-24-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Lol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
BartenderPlease
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 328i Sport
Immune to the mod bug?

AERA Hi-Perf Engine Builder
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R/Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
ExcuseM3Plz

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
I know I'm new here but those aren't really "modifications", just cosmetic changes. These cars look good for the most part stock but some suspension work etc makes it twice as fun. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

"If you even look at that engine, it'll kill you". - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by ExcuseM3Plz; 08-28-2014 at 12:02 PM.
ExcuseM3Plz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcuseM3Plz View Post
I know I'm new hear but those aren't really "modifications", just cosmetic changes. These cars look good for the most part stock but some suspension work etc makes it twice as fun. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Welcome to e46 fagnatics, where getting windows tinted and changing indicator globes is considered a full build

Old 08-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Jimmy_46

My Ride: bmw e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
Welcome to e46 fagnatics, where getting windows tinted and changing indicator globes is considered a full build

Hahahaha!!!!!!

TBH I'd take it easy on the mods your car is getting a little of of hand. I think you're one wiper blade from turning this thing into a full racecar.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
omni01_k

My Ride: 2014 335i
hahahaha

looking forward to the M-Tech II bumper install OP. You better stop all that modding before the wife makes you sleep in the car lol
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
Alpine

My Ride: 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci
I got another mod for you... you've changed your front indicators to clear, why not match it up with the side and rear indicators as well?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
ExcuseM3Plz

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Quote:

"If you even look at that engine, it'll kill you". - Jeremy Clarkson
ExcuseM3Plz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 AM   #11
Rainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I got another mod for you... you've changed your front indicators to clear, why not match it up with the side and rear indicators as well?
I don't think I'm mechanical enough. I'll consider it after a bit of research.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #12
Rainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni01_k View Post
hahahaha

looking forward to the M-Tech II bumper install OP. You better stop all that modding before the wife makes you sleep in the car lol
Guess I'll have to look our for a flat rear seat mod...
Old 08-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #13
Rainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcuseM3Plz View Post
I know I'm new here but those aren't really "modifications", just cosmetic changes. These cars look good for the most part stock but some suspension work etc makes it twice as fun. But whatever floats your boat I guess.
I realise these changes are cosmetic but I guess I had to start somewhere. Hopefully some time in the future, I'll find new suspension in my garage and some other cool mods. Guess I'll just have to keep cleaning and see what I find.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:

secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote