E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
bimmerman11

My Ride: 2005 330Xi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerman11
Umnitza screwed me big time... Buyer Beware !!!

I just bought a bumper from their "bumper bonanza". Since they're a forum sponsor I figured I had nothing to worry about when ordering from them.

My bumper came with a broken plastic piece that was hanging on the bottom of the gray bag the bumper came with. My installer is telling me he needs to fiberglass the piece back on which is 1.5 hours of labor= $150.

Umnitza's response to me: "you should have bought insurance" with a nice smiley face on the email. Matt emails me on Saturday and tells me not to worry because my installer just needs to reglue the piece back on and it will work just fine.

While on the phone when I placed the order with Tim, he doesn't mention that I should buy insurance. Instead he tries to sell me a HID fog light kit and when I say "no thanks", he tells me he'll send me complimentary fog light bulbs that will match my current 6000K xenons.

Besides the fact that my bumper was defective upon delivery, Umnitza gave me Predator ion bulbs for my clear corners- not the fog lights I was promised. I have no need for the Predator bulbs.

Sheesh. This is all done by a forum sponsor?

My wife was right: I need to stop buying things for my car because I keep getting screwed by companies who promise devilishly good service.

Rant over. Good night.
bimmerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
We have now shipped over 150+ bumpers with the bumper bonanza we are running, each person is asked regarding insurance - bumpers are no exception and Tim did ask you about it.

I have looked through our emails to you no one was condescending to you!
Insurance is the responsibility of the customer at the time of purchase, if you don't purchase it, we don't purchase it for you. This policy is in place despite how well we package our bumpers and use the most secure way of shipping it (we've had less than 1 bumper in 200 get damaged in shipping).

Further, you received a free gift, if Tim promised you something different, send back the free gift and we'll exchange it for you. A promise is a promise.

Here's what I wrote to you:
Second email
Quote:
Anthony forwarded this to me to help you out.
I’m out of the office today. But I can help you with this since I’ve done work on these sorts of things myself.
1) it doesn’t look like it’s actually as bad as it first sounded, while your second picture is very fuzzy, your first one is good enough for me to tell you that it’s going to work out just fine.
2) If your shop is trying to charge you more than $20 to fix this, go to another shop, it takes exactly 1 minute of Liquid plastic to reattach what you show in the first picture – and a 2 second plastics solder to strengthen it. It shouldn’t take him/her any more time than it would to spray the bumpers.

Our return policy is on the site – terms and conditions – stuff like this is covered if there is insurance for shipping purchased. It wasn’t unfortunately on this shipment, but that’s not how we treat our clients. We will work with your bumper installer to help explain how to install this so you are not inconvenienced.
First Email
Quote:
You didn’t speak to me on the phone, you spoke to Tim, he handled your order and our policy is to request insurance at the time of purchase. If you did not request insurance, it’s unfortunate.

Now, before you get too upset or disappointed further, there are some things in life that really affect the way your satisfaction is, and some things that shouldn’t. Your installer is entirely incorrect about how hard this is, it isn’t, and it’s a minor inconvenience that shouldn’t even affect you directly.

We do appreciate your business and hope to see you happy with the product.
If you still wish for our support, contact us via email or phone.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
bimmerman11

That is a flat out lie.

Tim never asked me if I wanted to add insurance to my order when I spoke with him for over 15 minutes on the phone. Besides, how would you know? Were you on another line with us on a 3 way conversation with us?

Bottom line is this whole order seems shady. No one from Umnitza asked me if I wanted to add insurance. It never crossed my mind once. Consequently, I assumed a bumper being shipped from CA to NY would have insurance.

I'm now screwed with a messed up brand new bumper. I will never do business with you again. You won't care because you're a sponsor on several sites.

You're flat out lying and that's the worse part about this.

At least have the decency to say you guys never mentioned insurance to me. At least give me that. Sheesh.

I'm not dragging this out any more. You guys screwed me. Now I wonder why Tim offered to give me free bulbs in the first place- am I special? I don't think so. Do you guys send out free bulbs with all of your orders? Hmmm.

Now go ahead and call me ungrateful. What is this world turning into? You can
Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Tim offers free bulbs to people that are nice to him on the phone and/or probably we were running a special that day.
However, I will not be discussing this with you any longer point by point, I draw the line when someone calls me or my employees liars. We don't single people out to offer or not offer insurance, it's clearly stated on our policy page on the site and is offered to everyone at the time of purchase, you are not an exception.

Your order:
Quote:
1 x E46 (3-series) M3 or Mtech II Style PolyPropylene Bumper
- Car Model : E46 Sedan + $0.00
- Bumper Type : E46 M-Tech Style 4-Door + $35.00
- Optional : Fog Lights + $49.99 mtechm3bump 0.00% 139.99 $205.00 $205.00
Sub-Total: $205.00
Customer Discount: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $80.00
Total: $285.00
An order shortly (10 minutes) later:
Quote:
1 x E46 (3-series) M3 or Mtech II Style PolyPropylene Bumper
- Bumper Type : E46 M-Tech Style 4-Door + $35.00
- Optional : Fog Lamp Covers + Fogs + $59.99
- Car Model : E46 Sedan + $0.00 mtechm3bump 0.00% 139.99 $234.98 $234.98
Sub-Total: $234.98
Flat Rate (1 x 84.5lbs) (Ground Service (5 days)): $79.99
Shipping Insurance: $2.40
Total: $322.29
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
bimmerman11

This will be my last response here as well:

If I was offered to buy insurance I would have, especially for $2.40!

Seriously, are you guys kidding me? Why would I say no to an additional charge of $2.40 to prevent this whole ordeal from happening?

That makes no sense.

And to top it off, you guys are going to call me a liar? Classic.

Btw, my installer hates you guys. Once I told him I had a problem with my bumper, he got very upset and just told me this didn't surprise him at all.

Last edited by bimmerman11; 10-18-2010 at 09:30 PM.