E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #21
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Most definitely spread them out throughout the day, and absolutely with a meal or at least a handful of almonds. Some vitamins such as Vit A & D are fat soluble which require the presence of fat to be absorbed.

Your body can store some vitamins and minerals but as you have noticed you will excrete what your body does not use (ex. Vit C), in addition to the depletion and usage of others- hence why you should take them 2-3X a day. I take OptiMen as well, and with 2/day [1 w/ breakfast, 1 w/ dinner] I feel that is sufficient and cheaper.
+1. No benefit to taking them all at once. Best case scenario you get equal absorption as taking them separately, but chances are slim that you do.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
I took one this morning with breakfast and lots of water.

Still piss'd electric yellow. I'll stick to taking three at once.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #23
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
I took one this morning with breakfast and lots of water.

Still piss'd electric yellow. I'll stick to taking three at once.
I'm going to try tomorrow and see what happens. It's probably a lot easier to take them all in one shot.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I'm going to try tomorrow and see what happens. It's probably a lot easier to take them all in one shot.
Yup. And like I said, I work out in the morning a couple hours tops after my first meal. I feel like the flood of nutrients can only help my workout.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Yup. And like I said, I work out in the morning a couple hours tops after my first meal. I feel like the flood of nutrients can only help my workout.
whatever helps man. I'm all about the placebo affect if it helps lol.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
jgrecbets
Registered User
 
jgrecbets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 532
My Ride: e65 750i / e90 328xi
Send a message via AIM to jgrecbets
I wont make the mistake of taking these things on an empty stomach anyway. Some real nasty burps from these fockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Yup. And like I said, I work out in the morning a couple hours tops after my first meal. I feel like the flood of nutrients can only help my workout.
How do you do that? does your schedule allow u to work out late morning?
Whenever I workout in the morning, it has to be an on empty stomach... best case is maybe a scoop of whey 10 min before workout.
__________________
jgrecbets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #27
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrecbets View Post
I wont make the mistake of taking these things on an empty stomach anyway. Some real nasty burps from these fockers.



How do you do that? does your schedule allow u to work out late morning?
Whenever I workout in the morning, it has to be an on empty stomach... best case is maybe a scoop of whey 10 min before workout.
Yeah man that's my biggest concern. Do I wake up at 515 make a huge breakfast and hit the gym at 6 or do I down some whey at 515, drink my pwo shake at 7 and eat a big breakfast at 745
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #28
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrecbets View Post
How do you do that? does your schedule allow u to work out late morning?
Eat breakfast ~7-8. Go to class til 10-11. Hit the gym. Go to work. If not, I hit the gym after work.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #29
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,804
My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Are there any decent multivitamins out there that only require ONE pill to constitute a serving?
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #30
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Are there any decent multivitamins out there that only require ONE pill to constitute a serving?
One A Day, for Men. There's a bunch of single-pill multis for men, I'm sure you could get some at Walgreens or CVS.



Supplement Facts
Serving Size: One tablet
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A
(14% as beta-carotene) 3500 IU 70%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 700 IU 175%
Vitamin E 22.5 IU 75%
Vitamin K 20 mcg 25%
Thiamin (B1) 1.2 mg 80%
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin 16 mg 80%
Vitamin B6 3 mg 150%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 18 mcg 300%
Biotin 30 mcg 10%
Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 50%
Calcium (elemental) 210 mg 21%
Iron 0 mg 0%
Magnesium 120 mg 30%
Zinc 15 mg 100%
Selenium 110 mcg 157%
Copper 2 mg 100%
Manganese 2 mg 100%
Chromium 120 mcg 100%
Lycopene 300 mcg *

INGREDIENTS:

Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Cellulose, Ascorbic Acid, Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Croscarmellose Sodium, Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Gelatin, Crospovidone, Manganese Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Stearic Acid, Cupric Oxide, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Triacetin, Sucrose, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Selenate, Beta-Carotene, Lycopene, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Biotin, Phytonadione, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin, Ascorbyl Palmitate.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion

Last edited by DME46; 03-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,804
My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
One A Day, for Men. There's a bunch of single-pill multis for men, I'm sure you could get some at Walgreens or CVS.



Supplement Facts
Serving Size: One tablet
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A
(14% as beta-carotene) 3500 IU 70%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 700 IU 175%
Vitamin E 22.5 IU 75%
Vitamin K 20 mcg 25%
Thiamin (B1) 1.2 mg 80%
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin 16 mg 80%
Vitamin B6 3 mg 150%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 18 mcg 300%
Biotin 30 mcg 10%
Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 50%
Calcium (elemental) 210 mg 21%
Iron 0 mg 0%
Magnesium 120 mg 30%
Zinc 15 mg 100%
Selenium 110 mcg 157%
Copper 2 mg 100%
Manganese 2 mg 100%
Chromium 120 mcg 100%
Lycopene 300 mcg *

INGREDIENTS:

Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Cellulose, Ascorbic Acid, Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Croscarmellose Sodium, Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Gelatin, Crospovidone, Manganese Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Stearic Acid, Cupric Oxide, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Triacetin, Sucrose, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Selenate, Beta-Carotene, Lycopene, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Biotin, Phytonadione, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin, Ascorbyl Palmitate.


I am familiar with One-A-Day, but I was looking for other suggestions. Thanks though man!
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Don't like gobbling down 3 pills?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #33
jgrecbets
Registered User
 
jgrecbets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 532
My Ride: e65 750i / e90 328xi
Send a message via AIM to jgrecbets
it definitely gets annoying.

What I do is keep a stash in my kitchen, bedroom, kitchen at work, and office at work. That way theyre always accessible and in front of my face, and I don't forget to take them anymore.
__________________
jgrecbets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #34
wasp9166
ima touching member
 
wasp9166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: straight out da bronx
Posts: 5,259
My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i use these, far superior to whats been mentioned

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1194/

serving is 2,tablet, i still take on morning, one bedtime......................remember, the faster you use it the faster you buy more
__________________

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use