E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #21
MissLisa

My Ride: z4 M Roadster
Send a message via Skype™ to MissLisa
I thought it was kinda slow, but it started getting better towards the end. I liked the end...it totally left you hanging and wanting to know who was on the radio. Too bad in the preview for next week the suspense got spoiled a little since they showed him with that asian guy.

Something I read on twitter about apocalypse/zombie movies that made me laugh. Someone pointed out that in movies people never drive on the other side of the road. Like everyone's trying to drive out of town and there's tons of cars, but no one is on the other side (why not just drive on the other side out of town.)

Last edited by MissLisa; 11-01-2010 at 02:34 AM.
MissLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #22
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I missed the first 5 minutes. Can you guys recap for me?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #23
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I missed the first 5 minutes. Can you guys recap for me?
Main Dude is a small town cop. There was a car chase that was gonna cut through their town so he and some other deputies get a call telling them to set up a road block. They lay out spike strips. The suspect's car hits the spikes and flips.

The first bad guy craws out of the overturned car and starts shooting. The Main Dude took one hit to the vest from the first guy before they kill him. A second guy crawls out, starts shooting and gets shot too. Main dude was OK.

Everyone thinks the situation is over and lets their guard down. BUT then a third guy sneaks out of the car and gets a shot off which seriously wounds the Main Dude.

He passes out and wakes up completely alone in the hospital which has been abandoned and ransacked. He musters some strength to get out of bed and start exploring. He finds dead bodies and blood everywhere. He eventually makes it outside and back to his neighboorhood where he meets the Black Dude and his son.

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #24
TayloMade[07]

My Ride: '12 Frontier Pro-4x
Love this show... new Fav!!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #25
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
i have high expectations for this show, and FINALLY someone in a zombie movie/show mentions why its a bad to use guns, im looking forward to next week

btw, does anyone know if that crawling torso in the park was his wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
TayloMade[07]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
i have high expectations for this show, and FINALLY someone in a zombie movie/show mentions why its a bad to use guns, im looking forward to next week

I was wondering about this too... or did he just go back to the park to finish it off? reminded me of the crawlers from COD Zombies.

... and why is it a bad idea to use guns with zombies?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #27
Bimmer^Hue

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via AIM to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via MSN to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via Yahoo to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via Skype™ to Bimmer^Hue
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayloMade[07] View Post
I was wondering about this too... or did he just go back to the park to finish it off? reminded me of the crawlers from COD Zombies.

You guys didnt notice?!!?! Aww man the Drama thats gonna happen

NO that wasnt his wife.

Remember when he was on the radio going to the city. and that lady wanted to put signs to let people know not to go in. and that guy kissed her in the tent.

!!!!!!

Thats his wife and that kid is his. and that guy?! well his best friend thats now messing with his wife oh the Drama! yea im excited

2002 BMW 330i Titanium Silver Metallic | Gray Dakota Leather | 5-Speed | /// Sport, Winter and Premium Package
Bimmer^Hue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #28
Ghost[Knight]

My Ride: 435xi
Quote:

nope the park zombie was just a random zombie he came upon when he first left the hospital. his wife and kid are with his partner at some secluded camp site.

as explained on the show, the noise caused by guns attracts zombies.

Past: 2006 Audi S4 DTM
2003 BMW M3
1999 Lexus SC300
Ghost[Knight] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #29
TayloMade[07]

I missed alot more then I thought I did... Do need to re-watch.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #30
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
Main Dude is a small town cop. There was a car chase that was gonna cut through their town so he and some other deputies get a call telling them to set up a road block. They lay out spike strips. The suspect's car hits the spikes and flips.

The first bad guy craws out of the overturned car and starts shooting. The Main Dude took one hit to the vest from the first guy before they kill him. A second guy crawls out, starts shooting and gets shot too. Main dude was OK.

Everyone thinks the situation is over and lets their guard down. BUT then a third guy sneaks out of the car and gets a shot off which seriously wounds the Main Dude.

He passes out and wakes up completely alone in the hospital which has been abandoned and ransacked. He musters some strength to get out of bed and start exploring. He finds dead bodies and blood everywhere. He eventually makes it outside and back to his neighboorhood where he meets the Black Dude and his son.
That was actually after the first 5 minutes. Did it start late or something. I walked downstairs and saw a little zombie girl get popped.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #31
Novare330

Quote:

its a bad idea because zombies can still hear and are drawn to sound, unless a gun has a big silencer on it, it will likely draw crowds of zombies, guns should only be used as last resort (being rushed by a small group of zombies moving fairly quickly and in close proximity) and in a situation where you can make a clean escape after you shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer^Hue View Post
NO that wasnt his wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost[Knight] View Post
nope the park zombie was just a random zombie he came upon when he first left the hospital. his wife and kid are with his partner at some secluded camp site.

as explained on the show, the noise caused by guns attracts zombies.
yeah but you guys didnt notice what he said before he shot the zombie? it was something along the lines of "im sorry this happened to you" and the zombie put her hand up and look at him as if she knew him, and after he shot her he looked a little upset.

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #32
Presns3

My Ride: E46|2.0T
cant wait to watch thisssssssss
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #33
Bimmer^Hue

Send a message via ICQ to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via AIM to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via MSN to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via Yahoo to Bimmer^Hue Send a message via Skype™ to Bimmer^Hue
Quote:
its a bad idea because zombies can still hear and are drawn to sound, unless a gun has a big silencer on it, it will likely draw crowds of zombies, guns should only be used as last resort (being rushed by a small group of zombies moving fairly quickly and in close proximity) and in a situation where you can make a clean escape after you shoot.

yeah but you guys didnt notice what he said before he shot the zombie? it was something along the lines of "im sorry this happened to you" and the zombie put her hand up and look at him as if she knew him, and after he shot her he looked a little upset.

humm yea true. well that was the first zombie he saw remember. i think he just felt bad for it. she didnt chose to be a zombie. and i think the zombie looking at him just wanted to eat him lol. but yea that was kinda sad seeing the zombie dragging her self, he just felt bad and wanted to end her misery. Thats what i think at least

2002 BMW 330i Titanium Silver Metallic | Gray Dakota Leather | 5-Speed | /// Sport, Winter and Premium Package
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #34
Novare330

Quote:
humm yea true. well that was the first zombie he saw remember. i think he just felt bad for it. she didnt chose to be a zombie. and i think the zombie looking at him just wanted to eat him lol. but yea that was kinda sad seeing the zombie dragging her self, he just felt bad and wanted to end her misery. Thats what i think at least
makes sense lol i dunno, either way i hope the show sticks to survival and the seeking his wife and kids storyline and doesnt stray TOO far off into the drama, i dont want it to be like "days of our lives" with zombies in it

Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #35
DylloS

Quote:
that's what I thought too. He just felt sorry.

We didn't find out how it happened right?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
MissLisa

My Ride: z4 M Roadster
Send a message via Skype™ to MissLisa
It's based on a comic and I'm hearing that it's pretty much following the comic pretty closely with a few "theatrical" changes, but if you guys REALLY want to know what is going on and who is who you should read the comic. I think if you do, it'll ruin a lot of the suspense.

Last edited by MissLisa; 11-01-2010 at 11:55 AM.
MissLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
Bimmer^Hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
that's what I thought too. He just felt sorry.

We didn't find out how it happened right?
How the infection started?

no it never says. the directors even said how it starts really isnt important. it just happened. but who knows maybe one of the people he meets tells him how it happened but i doubt it. take it like dawn of the dead. kinda the same thing. just woke up and pow zombies everywhere lol

Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #38
DylloS

Quote:
How the infection started?

no it never says. the directors even said how it starts really isnt important. it just happened. but who knows maybe one of the people he meets tells him how it happened but i doubt it. take it like dawn of the dead. kinda the same thing. just woke up and pow zombies everywhere lol
that's cool then I guess. I'm not sure what other route they could go unless they used the typical infection thing
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #39
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:

NO that wasnt his wife.

Remember when he was on the radio going to the city. and that lady wanted to put signs to let people know not to go in. and that guy kissed her in the tent.

!!!!!!

Thats his wife and that kid is his. and that guy?! well his best friend thats now messing with his wife oh the Drama! yea im excited
I noticed the same thing

When I first saw the crawling zombie, I thought it was his wife too, then when there was that radio scene and he flipped down the visor with the picture of his wife and kid, I instantly said "Oh shiiiiiiit" to myself

If I'm not mistaken, they showed a clip for the season preview of Shane and the main dude (forgot his name) fighting in the forest

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #40
DylloS

Quote:

NO that wasnt his wife.

!!!!!!

wait, I'm lost. This sounds like I didn't even watch the show lol. Was any of that in the first 5 minutes because I don't remember it.