E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Even Dancing With the Stars had higher ratings than the Championship game. No one gives a **** about the Giants or the Rangers
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
Even Dancing With the Stars had higher ratings than the Championship game. No one gives a **** about Baseball
Fixed

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #23
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
^for real.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
m1356guy

My Ride: is worth $5k
you guys were all the kids that stood on home plate ready to hit in fourth grade PE baseball....you'll never understand

the hardest thing in sports is to hit a round bat with a round ball, so most people just give up on it and never understand the little nuances
Old 11-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #25
Owtlaw333

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1356guy View Post
you guys were all the kids that stood on home plate ready to hit in fourth grade PE baseball....you'll never understand

the hardest thing in sports is to hit a round bat with a round ball, so most people just give up on it and never understand the little nuances
I played little league baseball all the way up to the 5th grade... and I fvcking suuucked at it

I'm well aware of all the "nuances" of the game... but the fact of the matter is, it's a boring game to watch from home

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #26
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:

I played baseball until high school when I gave it up for track.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #27
m1356guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
I played little league baseball all the way up to the 5th grade... and I fvcking suuucked at it

I'm well aware of all the "nuances" of the game... but the fact of the matter is, it's a boring game to watch from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl View Post
I played baseball until high school when I gave it up for track.
so you're saying you mastered the game in 5th grade?

what i mean by nuances is what pitches to throw to certain hitters in certain counts, how for a hitter a 2-1 count is like night and day compared to a 1-2 count, the suttle differences a cut fastball can have over a slider or 4 seam grip, where to put the ball in play on a hit and run, how to score a guy from second with no outs without getting a hit, how to take a strike when your team is down late in the game, how the centerfielder has priority over anybody on the entire field when a ball is hit in the air, how to read a ball in the dirt, how to steal third off head looks if you're the slowest guy in the world, how to hit a ball to right field with power for crying out loud (takes years to learn how to do)...stuff that people pick up through the years of playing.

It's the kind of stuff that most people dont notice or appreciate when watching a "boring" baseball game...whether it be on my couch or behind home plate it doesnt matter to me i can watch a game anywhere

just had to vent to the 'ignant
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #28
Owtlaw333

Quote:
so you're saying you mastered the game in 5th grade? ....

just had to vent to the 'ignant
Mastery of and knowledge of are two COMPLETELY different things...

Are you telling me everyone who is into baseball is a master of all things you mention? All of them have played for their entire lives?

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 11-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #29
m1356guy

Quote:
Mastery of and knowledge of are two COMPLETELY different things...

Are you telling me everyone who is into baseball is a master of all things you mention? All of them have played for their entire lives?
well first of all you can't master the sport, i was being sarcastic...and if you quit by 5th grade and think the game is boring how can you understand all the little "nuances" as i call them. You have to watch a lot of baseball and be taught how to play the game the right way to understand even half of what goes on.

I guess people think it's boring becuase people dont tackle each other and there's no lebron/bosh/wade, kobe/odom/gasol dominated teams, and there's no pissing and crying and faking when you are called with a foul or somebody trips you... but i guess everybody cant like the same things

just saying its a great sport w/o pvssy players
Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #30
sn0rky

My Ride: 330i
fellas back on topic. and thats
sn0rky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #31
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
if baseball is boring then what is golf/soccer/swimming then?
I had a customer tell me NFL was boring over NHL, why, because he didnt understand it and had no team to root for.

The parade was pretty amazing from tv so being there was probably nuts. Also, Brian Wilson is hella funny and will be on the tonight show with jay leno Tonight!
Dinan e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #32
Owtlaw333

Quote:
well first of all you can't master the sport, i was being sarcastic...and if you quit by 5th grade and think the game is boring how can you understand all the little "nuances" as i call them. You have to watch a lot of baseball and be taught how to play the game the right way to understand even half of what goes on.

I guess people think it's boring becuase people dont tackle each other and there's no lebron/bosh/wade, kobe/odom/gasol dominated teams, and there's no pissing and crying and faking when you are called with a foul or somebody trips you... but i guess everybody cant like the same things

just saying its a great sport w/o pvssy players
If you say so.

FWIW, I don't follow any sports. But baseball is no different than golf in the sense that they are played at the same pace and both have these "nuances" you speak of. Both are great to play, but neither are great to watch from home. I appreciate said "nuances" and that's why I like to play them... but those same things don't make them interesting for me to watch. So yeah, just different interests

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #33
m1356guy

Quote:
If you say so.

FWIW, I don't follow any sports. But baseball is no different than golf in the sense that they are played at the same pace and both have these "nuances" you speak of. Both are great to play, but neither are great to watch from home. I appreciate said "nuances" and that's why I like to play them... but those same things don't make them interesting for me to watch. So yeah, just different interests
see baseball and golf are my two favorite sports to play AND watch on tv...i guess you have to play them or at least understand them to appreciate what they're actually doing out there and be able to bear watching it from your couch. IMO golf is harder than baseball and the stupid ball just sits there

but you're right...im the same with football and basketball..played a little bit of both when i was younger but dont really care for it nowadays...especially basketball, cant stand it