E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #21
BusaNoob

My Ride: AW 06 330ci ZHP
You can stay boring stock, eh I mean bone stock. Or the mod bug is going to hit, and after ahile it going to end up rice or ghetto. Choose your poison. Just different extremes of the same spectrum. It all boils down to what each individual perceives as looking good. Just as we all decide what clothes to wear. Before we start flaming ppl for their personal preferences: FYI the ppl that waste money on huge spoilers or chrome wheels to look good are no different from the ppl that buy 10 yr old high mileage cars that barely run because it has a roundel. The mentality is the same.
BusaNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #22
SLVRXI

My Ride: 2001 325xi

And this kid must of only had just a lil left over allowance money to, only get 2 chrome rims. An kept them stock size so, he could re-use the tires.
SLVRXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #23
spellbound

My Ride: 323i Sedan 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
lol @ thread backfires.
X2 failthread

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Blessed be the Lord my Strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144: 1
spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #24
Atjous

My Ride: 316i
Send a message via Skype™ to Atjous
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
All cars eventually become affordable to many a disillusioned teens that miss playing with Lego blocks and Transformer toys so they translate their adolescence onto an automobile. The automobile is their ultimate "toy" and serves absolutely no function other than making a car into a big ugly toy.
Hear hear.
Especially those oh so dumb wings ... Especially, but NOT exclusively

BMW 316i | Honda Accord 2.0i Jewel Edition
Atjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #25
val317

My Ride: BMW e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
X2 failthread

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Cool, get over it.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?
val317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #26
val317

My Ride: BMW e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaNoob View Post
You can stay boring stock, eh I mean bone stock. Or the mod bug is going to hit, and after ahile it going to end up rice or ghetto. Choose your poison. Just different extremes of the same spectrum. It all boils down to what each individual perceives as looking good. Just as we all decide what clothes to wear. Before we start flaming ppl for their personal preferences: FYI the ppl that waste money on huge spoilers or chrome wheels to look good are no different from the ppl that buy 10 yr old high mileage cars that barely run because it has a roundel. The mentality is the same.
Thanks mate, couldn't agree with you any more than that!

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?
val317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #27
nightrunner20

My Ride: will eat your dust
Send a message via AIM to nightrunner20
Quote:
Originally Posted by N89 View Post

http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare10.htm

What's the point of this thread anyways?
This is a crime...

Sent from my ADR6300 using BimmerApp
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
M00P

Location: El Pueblo Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula
My Ride: e46 m3, e36 sedan
The performance of this particular mod far outweigh its ricey origins.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #29
az3579

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
FYI the ppl that waste money on huge spoilers or chrome wheels to look good are no different from the ppl that buy 10 yr old high mileage cars that barely run because it has a roundel. The mentality is the same.
I do not agree with this one bit.
People that spend money on useless things are a completely different breed than those that try to buy the cars nobody else will.

Those that buy those "10-year-old high mileage cars" are the people that are willing to bring them back to life or at least continue to give those cars purpose.

Those that buy useless things to "rice" it out are just wasting their time, money, and sanity (if they have any left).
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #30
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
Quote:
Yep. That just about says it all. Leave it alone (like it came out of the box), or get ready to look just like the kid down the block with his Civic.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #31
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
Yep. That just about says it all. Leave it alone (like it came out of the box), or get ready to look just like the kid down the block with his Civic.
There are many highly modded E46s done right. I think the differences between tastefully modded and r!ce are quite obvious. Don't try to tell me ebay altezza tail lights are on the same level with OEM LED tails, or that spinning chrome 20s are the same as gunmetal CSLs, etc.

There seem to be a lot of people out there that don't know the difference (or what the word "tasteful" even means), who end up throwing all that altezza/chrome/fake badge crap all over their ride. They see anything that is a "mod" as one in the same with the real stuff (OEM or OEM fitment products).
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #32
Zogg

My Ride: 04 325xi
Yeah im just trying to do tasteful mods to my new e46 325xi, black kidney grill, black rims (matte not shiny), and blue accents (im making the wood trim blue, got custom shift and ebrake boots in blue leather to match my mystic blue exterior. Should look pretty nice )

I want it to look stock until you take a gander at it and go "huh, thats kinda awesome" little subtle things. If i wanted to change everything on it.. i wouldn't have purchased it in the first place..
Zogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #33
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Buying a majority of your crap off of ebay will "rice" your car.

Anyone remember the "Civic M3" from Craigslist...comon people...that is a rice car!
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #34
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
As long as you stick to real BMW parts your car will not look "ricey". Things like BMW Performance intakes, exhausts, strut bars, wheels and shift knobs will always look good. I think all these parts are made in Germany so the quality will also be high.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #35
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
Some fanatics think my front bumper is rice. Yes?? No??
Made by prior designs in Germany.
They also make kits for lambos, Porsche's, Mercedes, Mini's, Jaguars, VW's and Audi's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9030004.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	382460  

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=

Last edited by Mulatto325; 11-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
Nightmare5336

My Ride: e46 with a slushy
^ its on the fence lol. it could go either way. from up close it doesn't look good. your sig however looks good
Nightmare5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #37
Hukerfaker

My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusticles View Post
You could have simply looked a page or two back to find a semi riced e46

OMG, not this kid and his car again. I think he's cursing the day he left message on this forum. ()
Old 11-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #38
GA-e46

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00P View Post
The performance of this particular mod far outweigh its ricey origins.

f'ing hilarious
GA-e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #39
2.8lcoupe937

My Ride: Bmw 328ci
if your short on money EE LED tails,P46 headlights,OEM rep bumpers from some of our great sponsors, UUC exhaust maybe, nice wheels BBS,CSL,etc then performance the right way and your good to go dont put products on your car that are universal for every make
2.8lcoupe937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #40
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
^ its on the fence lol. it could go either way. from up close it doesn't look good. your sig however looks good
I have to admit i liked it better in the pic before i bought it but i just need to get the whole kit. After paint and install that's gonna run me about 2g's. I just wanted some thing more aggressive and original Almost bought the m3 rep.

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote