E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
ngillan

My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
What to do in Raleigh??

I'm headed to Raleigh for the weekend with the fam. I was told that it was my choice on what we do all day saturday. Any suggestions? (everyone is over 21). No I'm not going to a strip club with my family.....

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Adamo99

My Ride: e39 530i, e93 335i
You're SOL.. I've been to Raleigh, I don't remember there being much to do at all. Nice golf courses though.
Adamo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
drinking makes everywhere fun.

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Farmer's Market for breakfast. Easily the best in town. Honestly I'm not sure what family activities are around, but I can make ample bar suggestions.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
914kid

My Ride: many
Its a boring town, have family in the area, just sleep the day off LOL.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
ngillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Farmer's Market for breakfast. Easily the best in town. Honestly I'm not sure what family activities are around, but I can make ample bar suggestions.
I'm down for bar suggestions. I'm 26, brother is 23, mom and dad are in their 50s. My parents really like Rally Point, Mac's, and Spirits. I'd like to find a spot with a real good band. We have tickets to the durham bull's game but i'm not too big on watching baseball live. Example of my family: Last year on Thanksgiving and Christmas we drove around and drank booze and ate appetizers at every bar that was open. Then gave food to some bums hangin out by an irish pub downtown.

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci

Last edited by ngillan; 08-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Adamo99

My Ride: e39 530i, e93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
Last year on Thanksgiving and Christmas we drove around and drank booze and ate appetizers at every bar that was open. Then gave food to some bums hangin out by an irish pub downtown.
That sounds like the best plan yet..
Adamo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
I'm down for bar suggestions. I'm 26, brother is 23, mom and dad are in their 50s. My parents really like Rally Point, Mac's, and Spirits. I'd like to find a spot with a real good band. We have tickets to the durham bull's game but i'm not too big on watching baseball live. Example of my family: Last year on Thanksgiving and Christmas we drove around and drank booze and ate appetizers at every bar that was open. Then gave food to some bums hangin out by an irish pub downtown.
Now you're talking my language. Check out Napper Tandy's in Moore Square. GREAT food and lots of beer. The Hive/Busy Bees is about a block away, they have great beer and a rooftop. IIRC the food was pretty good there too. Over toward Glenwood is Natty Greene's. They brew their own beer and again, really good bar food. Check out Mellow Mushroom on Glenwood if you want pizza and good beer, also outside seating there too. I'll keep thinking and see if I can come up with anything else.

flickher

Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
ngillan

Quote:
Now you're talking my language. Check out Napper Tandy's in Moore Square. GREAT food and lots of beer. The Hive/Busy Bees is about a block away, they have great beer and a rooftop. IIRC the food was pretty good there too. Over toward Glenwood is Natty Greene's. They brew their own beer and again, really good bar food. Check out Mellow Mushroom on Glenwood if you want pizza and good beer, also outside seating there too. I'll keep thinking and see if I can come up with anything else.
AWESOME! I'm gonna print that out. None of these are clubs are they? Not tryin to be that guy that takes his 50 something year old parents to a club. They're all about drinkin local beers and listening to some good bands though!

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
Old 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
cowmoo32
drunken science

No, fvck clubs. Those are bars. And I was mistaken about Busy Bee's/The Hive (Hive is the rooftop). They do have a great beer selection, but I'm not sure that they have food, just coffee I think. Raleigh Times is just down the street and has good food/beer.

Boylan Street Brewery is another option if you want a decent view of the city. They brew in-house and have a good porch looking toward downtown. Personally, I don't think their beer is anything special. The IPA is an IPA, toasted lager is a toasted lager, etc. Nothing really jumps out at you, but it's a great place to have a couple beers late in the afternoon and grab an appetizer. Natty Greene's has much better craft beer. Moonlight Pizza nextdoor is my favorite pizza in town, but only go there if you're looking for a meal; it's gourmet pizza. Lilly's Pizza, just up Glenwood, is a local spot that has a small but decent beer selection and caters to the less gourmet pizza crowd. And a new place that recently opened up that I haven't been to yet but heard good things: World of Beer. I think it's up near Six Forks, northern Raleigh, but apparently they have a huge selection.

Ohhh yeah, there's also Cameron Village, specifically Village Draft House. They always have local specials on tap and a pretty large selection. Their burgers are great too. In the same shopping center there are tons of shops and restaurants too.

flickher

Last edited by cowmoo32; 08-17-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
ngillan

Quote:
No, fvck clubs. Those are bars. And I was mistaken about Busy Bee's/The Hive (Hive is the rooftop). They do have a great beer selection, but I'm not sure that they have food, just coffee I think. Raleigh Times is just down the street and has good food/beer.

Boylan Street Brewery is another option if you want a decent view of the city. They brew in-house and have a good porch looking toward downtown. Personally, I don't think their beer is anything special. The IPA is an IPA, toasted lager is a toasted lager, etc. Nothing really jumps out at you, but it's a great place to have a couple beers late in the afternoon and grab an appetizer. Natty Greene's has much better craft beer. Moonlight Pizza nextdoor is my favorite pizza in town, but only go there if you're looking for a meal; it's gourmet pizza. Lilly's Pizza, just up Glenwood, is a local spot that has a small but decent beer selection and caters to the less gourmet pizza crowd. And a new place that recently opened up that I haven't been to yet but heard good things: World of Beer. I think it's up near Six Forks, northern Raleigh, but apparently they have a huge selection.

Ohhh yeah, there's also Cameron Village, specifically Village Draft House. They always have local specials on tap and a pretty large selection. Their burgers are great too. In the same shopping center there are tons of shops and restaurants too.
nice dude, this is exactly what I was lookin' for. We'll hit up a few of these places tomorrow, then maybe a few more on sunday before we tear up the Meatloaf concert!

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
ElectricRed46

My Ride: 2004 325i
everything cowmoo32 is saying is right on point. check out city market downtown its pretty neat down there to walk around and pop into the art galleries that are right there. theres a bar connected right to the durham stadium and you can watch the game from the bar pretty badass. also hit some of the local breweries, Big Boss in north raleigh and Aviator down in fuquay. Like i said Scott has nailed it with everything.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
cowmoo32
drunken science

Oh yeah how could forget the breweries in town Aviator is the shiiit. Their wings are smoked for 6 hours and then deep fried. Carolina Brewing Company is down in Holly Springs too, not too far away. Although to be honest I'm not a huge fan of their work.

flickher

Old 08-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
ngillan

Goin to battle of the bars downtown 3-10. Also apparently theres a huge car show downtown today near the convention center.

Sent from my DROID4 using Bimmer App

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
Old 08-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
I live here, and it sucks. There are bars. A few really good bars, but that's it.

I can't wait to move.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
cowmoo32
drunken science

Probably too late if you're doing the bar crawl, but Old Crow Medicine Show is Playing at a great venue in Cary tonight, only problem is tickets are $45.

flickher

Old 08-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
ngillan

Doin the bar crawl right now, at the big easy headed to the hive soon. U out cowmoo?

Sent from my DROID4 using Bimmer App

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
Old 08-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #18
cowmoo32
drunken science

Been drinking at the pool all day. I'll be out tonight, no idea where though.

flickher

Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
ngillan

cowmoo, I forgot to give you an update on my night. We did the bar crawl. "The Hive" was pretty good. I really enjoyed "Architect" although I wish there would have been more people there. "The Big Easy" (downtown) had great food. We went to a whole list of other bars that quite frankly I don't remember much of. I do remember my mom hitting something as we were pulling out of the parking garage lol ($2,200 estimate of body damage on her '12 maxima). Long story short, I awoke the next morning almost fully clothed on top of the covers. I had a half drank fish bowl on my night stand, which means I somehow left rum runners with a drink? My bedroom door was shut but the closet door was open, the floor of the closet was wet....you can probably guess what I happened hahaha. I also lost my glasses and debit card. My brother informed me that him and I had won 7 consecutive games of beer pong though.

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci

Last edited by ngillan; 08-31-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
cowmoo32
drunken science

Sounds like a good night. Funny you mention Architect. I have never heard of it until that afternoon I was at the pool with my friends; none of them were too fond of the place. What's it like?

flickher