E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
rhm325i

My Ride: 02 BMW 325i
H&r springs?

WHAT CONSEQUENCES HAVE ANY OF YOU EXPERIENCED THROUGH JUST THROWING ON SOME SPORT SPRINGS RATHER THAN SAVING UP AND BUYING SPRINGS AND SPORT STRUTS/SHOCKS AND SOME REINFORCEMENT PLATES AND NEW RSMs?
rhm325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhm325i View Post
WHAT CONSEQUENCES HAVE ANY OF YOU EXPERIENCED THROUGH JUST THROWING ON SOME SPORT SPRINGS RATHER THAN SAVING UP AND BUYING SPRINGS AND SPORT STRUTS/SHOCKS AND SOME REINFORCEMENT PLATES AND NEW RSMs?
Wasting money. That's the biggest consequence.

When I first started modding I bought springs.

A week later I realized it was horrible and needed shocks - so I bought Koni yellows.

For the price I could have bought a Bilstein PSS coilover kit.

Then I started going to the track so I bought a Bilstein coilover kit.

Wasted a bunch of money for springs and shocks I used for less than a year.

Moral of the story - do it once, do it right. It's cheaper in the long run.

Last edited by FTWeisse; 11-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.
FTWeisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
The issue you will run into is paying labor twice (unless you DIY and like to take apart your suspension regularly ) by needing to replace the shocks down the line. Typically you get a better deal going with a matched spring and shock combo like the Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit or H&R Cup Kit.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
H&R Cupkit FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
Just save your money and do it right the first time.

I was able to buy my H&R springs + Bilstein Sports + front and rear adjustable H&R sways + O.E. strut mounts + RE rear shock mounts + O.E. front and rear sway bar endlinks + O.E. Outer tie rod ends (left and right) + Powerflex FCABS for roughly the same price as a Bilstein PSS10 system...

My only suggestions are like I said before, do it right the first time, and also buy the TMS strut tower reinforcement kit (well worth it).
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
rhm325i

My Ride: 02 BMW 325i
thanks for all the input guys, i just put a staggered set of beyern mesh wheels on my car and was ready to drop it a couple inches, time to save up for the h&r cup kit and rsm's
rhm325i is offline   Reply With Quote