E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #201
TJ69

My Ride: 328CI

Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #202
AMCINK

My Ride: 2000 323CI
NOVA BImmer,

I'm stuck on a he said\ she said battle at this time. This suv backed up onto me and the lady is saying now that I hit her. Her insurance latest update is that they are denying my claim based on her word. The only witnesses were family members (but there were others which I did not think of getting their information at that time) The bill to repair my vehicle is approximately $2300.

I opened the claim the same day and my adjuster open the claim with her insurance 5 days after (she never open a claim) I have provided all available evidence photos and detail report filed with the mall security office where the accident happend. I disscused with her insurance if she provided the same at this time and they mention she did not provided anything and is only her word.

Therefore I encourage them to call the mall security police to retreat a copy of her report and compare her statement with the report.

This person was not cooperative at the time of the accident and did not want to give me any information until I involved the mall security then they easy up and provided the information to the mall security that in turns gave to me. Due to her none cooperative behavior, her family behavior (there were about 8 persons that came from nowhere and creating story that i hit her and not one of them were present on the accident. I felt threathen due to their behavior at the time (they are eastern europeans)) and her combative actions at the time of the accident I'm affraid that they also created a story on the report to the event that I hit her. Unfortuanetly this person character or non-actions seems to not play a part in order to determine fault; I seem to be F***. I was the one that was proactive trought out this incident on providing all available evidence but it seems not to play a role on determine fault.

I have a bad feeling that this will be denied and I'm f*** and I will be getting stuck with a $2300 bill to to fix my car. I really i'm dissapointed (mad) with these scumbags that will not take reponsibility of their actions and just want to take advantage of the system.

Is there anything else I can do???

Last edited by AMCINK; 06-13-2012 at 06:34 PM.
AMCINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #203
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
sounds like, with nothing more than your word against hers, that you will probably be stuck with your own repair bill. There's no real way to prove either side of the story. At the very least, hopefully, you won't be held responsible for her damages.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #204
rocketpants

My Ride: 2010 Acura TL
Those kind of situations are always very tough, with most of them ending up being settled at 50%. Where is the damage to her vehicle, and where is the damage to your vehicle?

Do you have coverage on your own vehicle? You could just pay your deductible, have your insurance company subrogate the other party (unsuccessfully), and then settle for a percentage basis in arbitration I suppose. NOVAbimmer, do you think that sounds reasonable?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #205
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpants View Post
Those kind of situations are always very tough, with most of them ending up being settled at 50%. Where is the damage to her vehicle, and where is the damage to your vehicle?

Do you have coverage on your own vehicle? You could just pay your deductible, have your insurance company subrogate the other party (unsuccessfully), and then settle for a percentage basis in arbitration I suppose. NOVAbimmer, do you think that sounds reasonable?
I was wondering if he had his own coverage, and I'm guessing from what he said that he may not carry collision.

But yes, if you have collision coverage, then definitely use it. In a case like this, they'd probably just agree to deny both third party claims based on the conflicting stories, and each company handles their own insured.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #206
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
I thought you were military?
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #207
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
My adjuster measured each wheel well. What was that sorcery?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #208
AMCINK

My Ride: 2000 323CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I was wondering if he had his own coverage, and I'm guessing from what he said that he may not carry collision.

But yes, if you have collision coverage, then definitely use it. In a case like this, they'd probably just agree to deny both third party claims based on the conflicting stories, and each company handles their own insured.
Yeah no collision only liability. There is a last chance but it does not look good. No damage on her suv at all. My hood is done.
AMCINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #209
Tex323GripIsKey

My Ride: 2000 323i Green
Since she backed into your car was there tire marks on the ground from your car sliding back?... could have been a key factor... if you have those marks you can prove she hit you... If there was dirt or anything on the ground and you took pictures that are high resolution.. you should be able to zoom in and do some CSI investigation lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Tex323GripIsKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #210
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broey v View Post
I thought you were military?
I am many things.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #211
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
OP - what do you do about gooch sweat? I sweat when I work out and feel like a shat myself.

live.laugh.love <3
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #212
NOVAbimmer

Calm down kushy. A handful of max strength gold bond medicated solves any gooch sweat issues known to man
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #213
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
pm'ed
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #214
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Just want to thank nova for helping me out greatly
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #215
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
Cracked windshield and...

Howdy, and thanks in advance.

I carry liability, collision, and comp coverage.

This summer, before leaving on vacation, I repaired the road rash on the front of my car:

Before:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grille- compressed - before.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	472939

After:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grille - compressed - After.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	472940

I was driving on I-90 in western South Dakota when stones from a gravel truck hit the car. One, in particular, hit the windshield very hard and nobody in the car saw it bounce away. I saw no crack and thought I'd literally dodged a bullet.

Well, a couple of hours later, the crack started growing from the base of the windshield (directly in front of the driver, of course). It wasn't until I bought gas that I noticed that the stone was still wedged in below the wiper blade!

I was so distracted by that, that I didn't notice, until a few days later, that I also was treated to road rash again by the passenger kidney. Fearing more, I had a clear bra put on the hood and leading edges of the fenders.

I know that the windshield is covered (my dedictible is even low enough to save me some cash there).

Question: Would the paint damage also be covered?
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #216
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcoast View Post
Howdy, and thanks in advance.

I carry liability, collision, and comp coverage.

This summer, before leaving on vacation, I repaired the road rash on the front of my car:

Before:
Attachment 472939

After:
Attachment 472940

I was driving on I-90 in western South Dakota when stones from a gravel truck hit the car. One, in particular, hit the windshield very hard and nobody in the car saw it bounce away. I saw no crack and thought I'd literally dodged a bullet.

Well, a couple of hours later, the crack started growing from the base of the windshield (directly in front of the driver, of course). It wasn't until I bought gas that I noticed that the stone was still wedged in below the wiper blade!

I was so distracted by that, that I didn't notice, until a few days later, that I also was treated to road rash again by the passenger kidney. Fearing more, I had a clear bra put on the hood and leading edges of the fenders.

I know that the windshield is covered (my dedictible is even low enough to save me some cash there).

Question: Would the paint damage also be covered?
this is one of those weird situations that comes up every now and then. Yes, it is covered, but it's one you need to push for a little bit.

You'll have to explain that the damage on the front end right now is as a result of sitting behind a gravel truck in order to cover it as a single loss (bumper, hood, and windshield).
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #217
NOVAbimmer

Just so everybody knows, I haven't worked in insurance since December. I quit my job with GEICO, and it was probably one of the best things I've ever done. I'm still happy to give advice in here or over PM, but my detailed knowledge is slipping.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #218
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Just so everybody knows, I haven't worked in insurance since December. I quit my job with GEICO, and it was probably one of the best things I've ever done. I'm still happy to give advice in here or over PM, but my detailed knowledge is slipping.
I was a Geico customer as well.
What is your specialty now, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #219
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
I was a Geico customer as well.
What is your specialty now, if you don't mind my asking?
I haven't been a GEICO customer in years. I work for sears right now, starting a federal job soon.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #220
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
Quote:
this is one of those weird situations that comes up every now and then. Yes, it is covered, but it's one you need to push for a little bit.

You'll have to explain that the damage on the front end right now is as a result of sitting behind a gravel truck in order to cover it as a single loss (bumper, hood, and windshield).
Wow! what a quick response! And, I see, you aren't even working as an adjuster any more.

Thank you much.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote