E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #241
Asher454

My Ride: '04 TiAg 325xi
Okay is this acceptable?, the insurance guy is coming out to assess my cars damage the other guys insurance and I have a few more dings and such that I'd like to repair along with the repair, can I tell the guy that I get my estimate from to give a higher number to incorporate those expenses? And what should I say if the other company starts low balling it?

Pic to show what I'm dealing with
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357247208.893592.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	484471  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #242
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher454 View Post
Okay is this acceptable?, the insurance guy is coming out to assess my cars damage the other guys insurance and I have a few more dings and such that I'd like to repair along with the repair, can I tell the guy that I get my estimate from to give a higher number to incorporate those expenses? And what should I say if the other company starts low balling it?

Pic to show what I'm dealing with
um....so u want the adjuster to write a check to pay for existing damage that wasn't a result of the accident? thats insurance fraud....

unless, u mean that u were wondering the cost to repair the prior damage just out of curiosity?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #243
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
The adjuster might be able to give you a ballpark on the other damage, but he's certainly not going to incorporate it into his estimate. The adjuster can't write a body shop estimate for the damage, either.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #244
Asher454

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
um....so u want the adjuster to write a check to pay for existing damage that wasn't a result of the accident? thats insurance fraud....

unless, u mean that u were wondering the cost to repair the prior damage just out of curiosity?
Yeah this is for my knowledge. But I know how it can be fraud taking money for something that wasn't part of the accident. And it's not like I have a huge dent or damage else where they're more like like little door dings and license plates touching the bumper
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #245
BMWSooner

My Ride: 135i
How does a title branded as a manufacturer's buyback affect a payout for a total loss? I would guess it would be difficult finding comps with a title branded as such in the area. What sort of a percentage taken off the fair market value of a compareable vehicle with a clean title to take into account the lemon status?
BMWSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #246
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
not going to incorporate it into his estimate.
An related observation...

Twice, while having some insurance work done on a car, I asked shops (different ones) to paint some pieces that I planned to install. I anticipated some prep time, but figured that they already had the paint and clear, and the few additional seconds to spray the trim would be negligible.

The first shop did the pieces for free. The second one priced it out separately as a stand-alone job (including materials) and I had to pay that price.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #247
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSooner View Post
How does a title branded as a manufacturer's buyback affect a payout for a total loss? I would guess it would be difficult finding comps with a title branded as such in the area. What sort of a percentage taken off the fair market value of a compareable vehicle with a clean title to take into account the lemon status?
I honestly have zero clue. I've never dealt with one before. I can imagine it would lower it just like any other title brand.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #248
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcoast View Post
An related observation...

Twice, while having some insurance work done on a car, I asked shops (different ones) to paint some pieces that I planned to install. I anticipated some prep time, but figured that they already had the paint and clear, and the few additional seconds to spray the trim would be negligible.

The first shop did the pieces for free. The second one priced it out separately as a stand-alone job (including materials) and I had to pay that price.
The second shop properly billed you for their time and paint.

The first shop did you a favor.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #249
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
No question, the first shop certainly did me a favor. And there was no issue about paying the second time. They did the work. If I didn't want it done, I wouldn't have authorized it. I was just a bit of a surprise that it was priced the same as a stand alone job when they already had to set up for the work, they already had to mix the paint, and the trim pieces totaled less than one square foot to be painted when they were already painting the whole side of the car.

Just wanted the other poster to understand that sometimes other work *might* get addressed in a fix, but not to expect it.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #250
Asher454

Why do insurance companies say they'll cover 75% of the damage even though it was fully the other partys fault? and how can I push them to 100%
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #251
NOVAbimmer

You'll have to give a lot more information than that.

Sounds like they're considering you 25% liable for the accident, or there was preexisting damage to the vehicle that they're taking betterment on.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #252
bumere46

My Ride: E92
Did you have to go to school to become an adjuster?
bumere46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #253
NOVAbimmer

The company i worked for required a college degree. They provided three months worth of training.

There are probably independent training programs, but every large company will most likely want to send you through their training programs
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #254
BUSMAN M3

My Ride: PY M3
Situation is my friend let another friend drive her car friend driving has no license involved in accident ,not her fault . Friends friend was ticketed for driving on suspended list accident was not her fault. Now what does friend do if she reports accident to insurance ,will she be in violation of insurance policy?
Try and load pictures anyone give me estimate on repair?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	500424  
BUSMAN M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #255
NOVAbimmer

You're friend will have to talk to her insurance company. As long as the driver was permitted to use the vehicle, insurance should cover the loss
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #256
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
How come when my e30 was totaled, I got a $800 dollar check from a slimeball insurance adjuster?
Btw, my e30 was not a POS, rebuilt from the ground up, s52 swapped, e36 m3 brakes for the 5 lug swap.
, brand new paint, perfect body, etc, etc. I have the entire building documented in photos and sent it to the adjuster. Didn't make a lick of difference... WTF?

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 04-14-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #257
NOVAbimmer

You'd have to talk to your insurance company.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #258
BUSMAN M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
You're friend will have to talk to her insurance company. As long as the driver was permitted to use the vehicle, insurance should cover the loss
Thanks do you think they will drop her?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #259
NOVAbimmer

No idea.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #260
BUSMAN M3

Thxs